test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BlueLion.

Oscar

Started by BlueLion.,

12,579 posts in this topic
5 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Not popular opinion but under someone like Conte and gaining experience, Oscar could actualy end up as very good midfielder. Even the likes of Xavi got better after age 26, I certainly believe Oscar will be much better than he is now once he gains experience and matures (his head is in right place). 

Now the question is if we are ready to wait 2 years or maybe even more.

He is much better this season; his grit had come back, he creates chances and plays better most of the time, but I guess all this negative comments come from the fact that fans expect Oscar to play like Lamps and until he performs like that, people will never be happy with his performances.

Exactly. We've controlled pretty much every game this season, unlike last year where we were getting absolutely dominated by virtually every team.

I'm waiting until after the Liverpool game before I make my final assessment on his start to the season. If he plays well against a well coached Liverpool team then we can start rejoicing because maybe he's finally tuned a new leaf.

On 9/16/2016 at 10:58 AM, BlueLyon said:

Not popular opinion but under someone like Conte and gaining experience, Oscar could actualy end up as very good midfielder. Even the likes of Xavi got better after age 26, I certainly believe Oscar will be much better than he is now once he gains experience and matures (his head is in right place). 

Now the question is if we are ready to wait 2 years or maybe even more.

He is much better this season; his grit had come back, he creates chances and plays better most of the time, but I guess all this negative comments come from the fact that fans expect Oscar to play like Lamps and until he performs like that, people will never be happy with his performances.

He always starts the season well, bar last season. This is nothing new. We'll see what tune fans will be singing at the end of the season.

He could very well be a late bloomer but the boy hasn't improved in four full seasons. That's a very, very, very long time. What has disappointed me the most is his complete lack of phsycial progression in his time in England. Four year and he still makes Harry Potter look like Mr. Universe.

The Skipper, Peace. and Styles like this

27 minutes ago, DYC. said:

He always starts the season well, bar last season. This is nothing new. We'll see how what tune fans will be singing at the end of the season.

He could very well be a late bloomer but the boy hasn't improved in four full seasons. That's a very, very, very long time. What has disappointed me the most is his complete lack of phsycial progression in his time in England. Four year and he still makes Harry Potter look like Mr. Universe.

He might be slight in size, but defensively I've seen him make more well-timed aggressive tackles than any other player not in the back 4 or CDM spot.

*-Feeling strong-*

oscar--feeling-strong.img.png

Oscar is confident the Blues can secure a third consecutive Premier League home win when we take on Liverpool at Stamford Bridge.It’s a fixture which has plenty of history and one which brings two in-form teams together and, for Oscar, a victory would be the perfect start to the weekend.

‘To prepare it’s okay, not so strange, but it’s nice to play on a Friday night because then we have the whole weekend,’ he told the club’s official newsletter.‘We need to prepare in the normal way but then if we win perhaps I will have a barbecue with my family. First, let’s win to make it a good weekend!‘Both teams have started the season well, I think we both have good teams and of course it will be a difficult game but I hope we can win in front of our supporters.’

On a personal level, Oscar has started the campaign in fine fashion alongside Nemanja Matic in the middle of the park.

‘I feel very fit, physically as strong as ever and I have done a lot of running in the games, have won my duels and am showing my strength,’ he said.‘I hope this continues against Liverpool, and it’s important we play in this way because they have players who can hurt us.’

In terms of their attacking play Liverpool have looked extremely dangerous, but Oscar is confident we have more than enough quality in our side to cause the visitors all manner of problems as we look to build on a solid start to the season.

‘They are very quick, especially Sadio Mane, who has already scored two goals, and of course also I know Philippe Coutinho well and he isn’t so quick when he runs but with the ball at his feet he makes fast decisions and can move the ball quickly to cause damage,’ he added.‘But I also know we can cause Liverpool problems, our attacking play has been good and in the last game against Swansea we had a lot of chances. We played very well.’

chelseafc.com

1 hour ago, Mceachran said:

He might be slight in size, but defensively I've seen him make more well-timed aggressive tackles than any other player not in the back 4 or CDM spot.

He is a pretty good tackler but you can't always tackle. You have to use your body in phsyical tussles as well. Same with using your body to shield the ball.

And I wasn't merely referring to strength but also his stamina (tires in the second half of the season). He needs to be able to run full season as that's one of his few strengths as a player. And if he's box to box (he said so himself), he needs to be able to cover ground quicker a la Arturo Vidal.

Mceachran likes this

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

He is a pretty good tackler but you can't always tackle. You have to use your body in phsyical tussles as well. Same with using your body to shield the ball.

And I wasn't merely referring to strength but also his stamina (tires in the second half of the season). He needs to be able to run full season as that's one of his few strengths as a player. And if he's box to box (he said so himself), he needs to be able to cover ground quicker a la Arturo Vidal.

fair point(s)!

I will never understand what Chelsea coaches see in Oscar.Oscar is the reason why KDB,Mata and Cesc were benched and let´s be honest,alls of the three player named players are million times more useful than Oscar is,but still Oscar is playing and playing one match after on another. I do not get it.

Supermonkey92 and Beigl like this

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

I will never understand what Chelsea coaches see in Oscar.Oscar is the reason why KDB,Mata and Cesc were benched and let´s be honest,alls of the three player named players are million times more useful than Oscar is,but still Oscar is playing and playing one match after on another. I do not get it.

Dont you remember that goal against Juventus? His a Brazilian wonderkid. <_<

Just now, Parky said:

Dont you remember that goal against Juventus? His a Brazilian wonderkid. <_<

That is most likely the reason why Conte lets him play.He was the Juventus manager at that time ...

The only reason he plays every game is that Conte believes is he is our own version of Giacherini.

Needs to get benched as fast as possible, he gets outplayed by almost every half decent centre midfielder in the Premier League for years, yet gets away with it. Every Chelsea manager sees something special in him which no fan understands at all. I mean what has he done in his four years at the club apart from scoring a double against Buffon and a good run of games in autumn 2013? Oh yes those goals against third league clubs, how could I forgot them?

I don't even care who plays on Tuesday night instead of him, but if he makes the starting XI our midfield will be overrun again and offering NO support for our attackers.

10 hours ago, Jason said:

Oh dear...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Expect this clown to continue to get games and one half decent performance against a rubbish team will be used as justification of his role in the team. It's the Oscar way.

The fact that Conte has fallen for this fraud really has set the alarm bells ringing. He's not the manager I hoped he was which is a real shame.

Peace. likes this

23 hours ago, AWorriedChelseaFan said:

Hope the lad has a very good game tonight against Pool, not his biggest fan but I'm liking the newly reformed b2b Oscar.

Just when I was praising him/liking him abit at the start of this season and he puts up a gutless performance against Pool....

Just hope Conte realises very soon that this guy shouldn't be anywhere near our starting eleven, bench/squad player at best IMO.