Oscar

themightyblue

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3026807/Cesc-Fabregas-Oscar-Nemanja-Matic-struggling-Chelsea-boss-Jose-Mourinho-backs-midfield-trio.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Asked whether Oscar is struggling, as he was substituted at half-time against Stoke City, Mourinho said: ‘No, I don’t think he had a bad performance, I just think he was not good enough, which is a huge difference.

Been saying that now for a while, too inconsistent, can do something but then disappears in games for prolonged periods. Sometimes just never in the game at all.

For what we paid now we aren't seeing an improvement on our investment, on a young player who by now if he was as good as everyone though and considering hes played 75% of games for Chelsea since coming here he should be a much better player than what he currently is.

What exactly was it that I was supposed to conclude in your argument? Cos to be honest, that is one of the weakest arguments I have read concering oscar and that is saying a lot.

Did not salah just go to fio and score a ton of goals? And yet he looked like a semi pro footballer playing for us even against a team luke Shrewsbury? What is it in what I wrote that you are finding so hard to grasp?

There was no conclusion about Oscar, just called you on your BS. Unlike you I don't pretend to have all the answers and frankly don't care to. Predicting the development of youngsters is one of the most difficult things in football and top scouts and managers get it wrong all the time.

You are entitled to your opinions however crazy they may sound to me (and they do as you think 30m+ players are shit), but when you contradict yourself, especially within the same post, that's usually a sign you are going a bit too far.

You have already written your opinion about Oscar. Some here agree others don't... If in a few years, at chelsea or elsewhere, Oscar then at 26 is still exactly the same player, then I will say, "darn! I was wrong about him!" And that will take like maybe 5 minutes of my time and won't change a damn thing in my life.

I just hope you are not under any illusion that whatever you write here may influence people enough to make a difference - nor that someone at chelsea actually comes here to read all the crap we write... because that would be crazy indeed.

This gives an idea of how difficult it is and why there is so much money in it:

http://www.academia.edu/667981/Talent_Identificantion_and_Development_Programmes_in_Sport_current_models_and_future_directions

Don't buy into it that much yet. Most likely misinterpreted statement by journo imo. If Jose has a plan to sell him, he will do it like he did with Schurrle and Mata. Saying that he is important player, etc, so that the price could went up.

More likely a wake up call for Oscar as it best, if the quote is true.

Edit : having re-read the full statement in the article. The quote is true, but I got the impression, it is more like Oscar did not do his job good enough in the first half against Stoke. Jose also pointed out recent drop performances of Matic and Fabregas along the lines, so I think it is not a big thing imo.

I find it strange that Daily Mail makes no attempt to sensationalise Mou quotes, while some here attempt to do so. Quit bizzare tbh.

Whoever wrote the headline probably overlooked that quote because it's not like the DM to refuse the opportunity for a sensationalist, click-bait headline.

Here's where I stand, and its different from what I've gone on and said in the past.

Oscar to me is a decent squad guy, not a guy with unlimited potential who you pay upwards of 30m+ for but a guy who will give you good performances and have the odd great one.

I'm now inching closer to selling, not because I think he's is a bad player but because he's proving to me he doesn't have the necessary stamina to compete for an entire season at a big club. Two years in a row of epic drop off just isn't good enough for a club trying to win everything.

I think part of it is what we're asking of him but right now he's not doing anything on the pitch that is making us a better team. He just looks so knackered and lost.

There was no conclusion about Oscar, just called you on your BS. Unlike you I don't pretend to have all the answers and frankly don't care to. Predicting the development of youngsters is one of the most difficult things in football and top scouts and managers get it wrong all the time.

You are entitled to your opinions however crazy they may sound to me (and they do as you think 30m+ players are shit), but when you contradict yourself, especially within the same post, that's usually a sign you are going a bit too far.

You have already written your opinion about Oscar. Some here agree others don't... If in a few years, at chelsea or elsewhere, Oscar then at 26 is still exactly the same player, then I will say, "darn! I was wrong about him!" And that will take like maybe 5 minutes of my time and won't change a damn thing in my life.

I just hope you are not under any illusion that whatever you write here may influence people enough to make a difference - nor that someone at chelsea actually comes here to read all the crap we write... because that would be crazy indeed.

This gives an idea of how difficult it is and why there is so much money in it:

http://www.academia.edu/667981/Talent_Identificantion_and_Development_Programmes_in_Sport_current_models_and_future_directions

ohhh.. here i was under the illusion that this was a forum and that i could express my thoughts and feelings without giving a damn if it "influenced" any one else or someone at the club.

by the way, i like the way u think. give oscar 3 more years to show what he truly is!!! sounds a little familiar does not it... oh wait, is not that what happened with mikel. well, i guess people really dont learn from their mistakes.

how have i contradicted myself? by saying that oscar is not good enough for us?? does that mean bosingwa was good enough for us when we won the CL with him. or kalou? oscar has shown time and again, that he is no where near the standard of our starting 11 and needs to be replaced. if people somehow think he is worth 30+mil, good for us. some people even thought that luiz was worth 50mil, so LOL things happen in life.

ohhh.. here i was under the illusion that this was a forum and that i could express my thoughts and feelings without giving a damn if it "influenced" any one else or someone at the club.

by the way, i like the way u think. give oscar 3 more years to show what he truly is!!! sounds a little familiar does not it... oh wait, is not that what happened with mikel. well, i guess people really dont learn from their mistakes.

how have i contradicted myself? by saying that oscar is not good enough for us?? does that mean bosingwa was good enough for us when we won the CL with him. or kalou? oscar has shown time and again, that he is no where near the standard of our starting 11 and needs to be replaced. if people somehow think he is worth 30+mil, good for us. some people even thought that luiz was worth 50mil, so LOL things happen in life.

Good job! you keep disagreeing with things I did not write. when did I say you are not entitled to your opinion? Thought I did exactly the opposite. I merely wondered about the reiteration of the same points and what you exactly wanted to accomplish with it. I explained why you contradicted yourself by saying he was good enough for serie A but not good enough for the BPL, even though we are winning the BPL. Please don't compare single elimination with a long championship where the best team wins - we were not the best CL team then but single-elimination allows the weaker side to win at times.

Yes, Mikel did not improve and we were wrong with him. We were also wrong with Matic who Did improve A LOT after we let him go. The point of the article I linked, that I am sure nobody will bother to read, is exactly that it is hard to predict these things because the development is dynamic with tons of variables, which makes it non-linear.

But if you can predict these things with as much certainty as you show in your posts, you are truly wasting your time on these forums. Successful scouts make a lot of money doing exactly what you claim to be able to do.

Concerning price tags, there is no debate: any item's valuation, player's rights too, is defined by demand and how how much one is willing to pay for it. Your opinion or mine matter not.

Luiz may score a goal a season against us and you still come here and ridicule him for some strange reason. That's just strange to be honest, but whatever makes you happy.

Good job! you keep disagreeing with things I did not write. when did I say you are not entitled to your opinion? Thought I did exactly the opposite. I merely wondered about the reiteration of the same points and what you exactly wanted to accomplish with it. I explained why you contradicted yourself by saying he was good enough for serie A but not good enough for the BPL, even though we are winning the BPL. Please don't compare single elimination with a long championship where the best team wins - we were not the best CL team then but single-elimination allows the weaker side to win at times.

Yes, Mikel did not improve and we were wrong with him. We were also wrong with Matic who Did improve A LOT after we let him go. The point of the article I linked, that I am sure nobody will bother to read, is exactly that it is hard to predict these things because the development is dynamic with tons of variables, which makes it non-linear.

But if you can predict these things with as much certainty as you show in your posts, you are truly wasting your time on these forums. Successful scouts make a lot of money doing exactly what you claim to be able to do.

Concerning price tags, there is no debate: any item's valuation, player's rights too, is defined by demand and how how much one is willing to pay for it. Your opinion or mine matter not.

Luiz may score a goal a season against us and you still come here and ridicule him for some strange reason. That's just strange to be honest, but whatever makes you happy.

did not we win PL with bosingwa,mikel and kalou in 09-10. comparision with long championship enough for you. i dont even know why exactly i am trying to justify to an argument as poor as "since we are winning PL, this so and so player is good enough" what a load of crap.

matic was not even close to a first team player. matic was not even a squad player. oscar is. we know what we are getting from oscar. we have had 3 years of watching oscar do nothing and judging exactly what his capabilities are. so i guess your comparision of him with matic simply does not stick here. also, matic was expendable. dont think i remember anyone cribbing about him. right now, oscar is more than expendable. he will somehow be worth 20+ mil and moreover we will replace him with someone like koke/pogba who will make us tenfolds better.

where have i ridiculed him. i have ridiculed the idiotic scouts who thought he was worth 50mil. and i am sorry but if u think that luiz was worth that amount and especially when PSG had a 50mil cap on their net spending then... well like u said, whatever makes u happy.