Oscar

themightyblue

Er..... what the heck!? Surely that statement by Mourinho isn't meant as it reads? Has he been misquoted?

It's over all the news and it was said in the post-match presser with English journalists. So I don't think he's been misquoted like you normally get with the international press.

Whoever wrote the headline probably overlooked that quote because it's not like the DM to refuse the opportunity for a sensationalist, click-bait headline.

Oscar is hardly a big-name player. The lack of sensationalism is understandable. Even ESPN FC is only running the quotes on Fabregas and Matic.

Good job! you keep disagreeing with things I did not write. when did I say you are not entitled to your opinion? Thought I did exactly the opposite. I merely wondered about the reiteration of the same points and what you exactly wanted to accomplish with it. I explained why you contradicted yourself by saying he was good enough for serie A but not good enough for the BPL, even though we are winning the BPL. Please don't compare single elimination with a long championship where the best team wins - we were not the best CL team then but single-elimination allows the weaker side to win at times.

Yes, Mikel did not improve and we were wrong with him. We were also wrong with Matic who Did improve A LOT after we let him go. The point of the article I linked, that I am sure nobody will bother to read, is exactly that it is hard to predict these things because the development is dynamic with tons of variables, which makes it non-linear.

But if you can predict these things with as much certainty as you show in your posts, you are truly wasting your time on these forums. Successful scouts make a lot of money doing exactly what you claim to be able to do.

Concerning price tags, there is no debate: any item's valuation, player's rights too, is defined by demand and how how much one is willing to pay for it. Your opinion or mine matter not.

Luiz may score a goal a season against us and you still come here and ridicule him for some strange reason. That's just strange to be honest, but whatever makes you happy.

Am I crazy for reading a big chunk of it :P ? Even bookmarked it to finish tomorrow.

Anyways, I thought it was pretty much common knowledge that different people develop in different rhythms. And that applies to pretty much everything, physical aspects – height, musculature; emotional aspects – maturity, emotional control; intelligence, etc. You have people who start growing quite a lot at 12 years old, others at the end of puberty. You have geniuses who peak very early like Mozart and others way later like Beethoven. It's pretty much impossible to predict how people will develop their talents and proficiency at any given task.

Also, I don't even know why you waste your time. And I guess you know what I'm talking about.

Obviously the new Mikel/Malouda/Kalou...etc.

He had a good game.Was crucial to our brilliant pressing in the first half and got involved really well in the play and link up with Hazard, Willian, Cesc and Remy. Missed a big chance which he really should have scored but that doesn't take away from what he did do very well.

We actually played better with him on in the first half with the front 4 exchanging roles almost completely freely. But understandably Jose wanted to bring on another striker because we were lacking clinical finishing and it was either him, Hazard or Willian and the latter two were having truly fantastic performances; the best in a while.

Honestly, I don't think he had that bad of a game either. But when you are in poor form, you have to burry those chances(Cuadrado too). Only thing he can offer is workrate , and not through the whole game. I think he'd be good in a game where he needs to open up space for Fabregas. Other than that, I don't think he could anything major for us.

In the past two or three seasons,I thought that Oscar was a special player because of his great workrate.

His tackles were awesome,his positioning in general was great and his shooting technique was also great.

In these days,you obviously can see that Oscar does not offer these skills anymore.Yes,he still has a good shooting technique,but where are his great tackles?I don´t see that anymore.

If Cesc decides to be involved in our offensive play,Oscar usually goes to support Matic in a deeper position and nowadays,even if he is there to support Matic,he still loses the 1 on 1 battles against the opponent,so Matic is the only one to defend the counter attack and Matic is not Superman,who can do everything.

All in all,I think that now Oscar has become average.He used to be a special player and I thought he was our "Modric" without Modric´s crazy creativity,but now he is not the player he used to be.

I still like him,but he is not good enough for Chelsea.

Willian is the man to play as our number 10

In the past two or three seasons,I thought that Oscar was a special player because of his great workrate.

His tackles were awesome,his positioning in general was great and his shooting technique was also great.

In these days,you obviously can see that Oscar does not offer these skills anymore.Yes,he still has a good shooting technique,but where are his great tackles?I don´t see that anymore.

If Cesc decides to be involved in our offensive play,Oscar usually goes to support Matic in a deeper position and nowadays,even if he is there to support Matic,he still loses the 1 on 1 battles against the opponent,so Matic is the only one to defend the counter attack and Matic is not Superman,who can do everything.

All in all,I think that now Oscar has become average.He used to be a special player and I thought he was our "Modric" without Modric´s crazy creativity,but now he is not the player he used to be.

I still like him,but he is not good enough for Chelsea.

Willian is the man to play as our number 10

Like you said, Oscar's biggest strength was his high energetic tackles. We all knew he wasn't as good as Mata or KdB creatively but all of a sudden he can't put a tackle again.

He won favor behind the striker because he gave defensive balance to the team compared to the others but he doesn't even offer that anymore. I just don't get why he seems so fatigued once again.

Talking about making more of Mourinho's comments on Oscar...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-jose-mourinho-drops-oscar-exit-hint-with-brazilian-midfielder-linked-with-juventus-move-10158071.html

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho appeared to drop a hint over the future of Brazilian midfielder Oscar after the Blues beat Stoke 2-1 on Saturday.

Oscar was replaced at half-time by the Portuguese after another disappointing performance in which he failed to make a telling contribution, badly dragging his only chance well wide.

When asked about the performance of the Brazilian, Mourinho answered cryptically.

"I don’t think he had a bad performance, I just think he was not good enough, which is a huge difference," he said; far from a stern defence.

It is a strange statement from the manager - if he truly rated the player would he not have conceded that he just had an off day? The "huge difference" appears to be between a good player having an off day and a player who is not up to the mark.

The 23-year-old has now failed to get on the scoresheet in his last 12 appearances for the club, a drought that stretches back to 17 January, and has only completed 90minutes once in that time (he played 89mins against Manchester City), against Liverpool in the Capital One Cup when Cesc Fabregas was ruled out with injury.

Mourinho will get an upgrade over him - it's obvious.

He doesn't have to speak about it, actions speak louder than voice. Dropped I don't know how many times in a big game. He seems to appear only when there's no other option to take. Then constantly subbing him off in half-time.

But folks here were saying "just look on Oscar" in relation to KdB. "Just look at Oscar" in relation to Mata. He "sold" them but not by extraordinary performances. Good games, working hard on the pitch and achieving manager trust is what it takes to get constant streak of games and left others into abyss.

But this league isn't for him, simple. He has to be in absolutely best shape and form to react quickly to avoid tackles and keep the ball since he can't take them on him because he neither possess technique nor muscles. And we know that he from December onwards is far from the best shape.

I'm delighted with Jose's comments really. Looks like we're definitely looking to replace Oscar's first team spot. Thank god.

Either that or it's just a wake up call. What if Oscar suddenly performs in the remaining 8 games and Mourinho decides to keep him as the No.1? :ph34r:

Either that or it's just a wake up call. What if Oscar suddenly performs in the remaining 8 games and Mourinho decides to keep him as the No.1? :ph34r:

I sincerely hope Oscar doesn't do his best impression of Torres at the end of the season because that would be tragic.

Thank God, Jose. I don't understand how people are still defending him. He has been awful for the better part of 2015 and that is not acceptable. Not when Jose put so much trust in him.

Yes, and when he actually played good in 2014 haters still continued to mock him. I can bet you and some of haters around this thread who bash him now hated him even when he did perform good. Looking at this thread its just sad, really a lot of butthurt Mata and Bruyne tards.

Don't get me wrong im not saying he is playing anywhere near Chelsea team at the moment and i believe it's better for him to continue somewhere else but the hate some have in them is stunning.

It's time for you and some other blind haters to understand Oscar didn't forced Mourinho to trust him.

Pool to replace Oscar is actually very limited. Koke, Pogba, Vidal, De Bruyne, Isco(unlikely), Turan, Griezmann. These are the players that will allow Fabregas to move to CAM permanently or play there themselves and as we can see most of them are extremely expensive with a couple probably not even getable.

A great modern attacking mid that do well both offensively and defensively are very rare, we get those that are better defensively like Willian, Oscar...etc and those that are better offensively( David Silva, Mata...etc). Imo I would just pay Turan or Koke release clause, but both lack paces though. I really want a Koke-Willian hybrid with pace and vision+ great defensively. :(

Pool to replace Oscar is actually very limited. Koke, Pogba, Vidal, De Bruyne, Isco(unlikely), Turan, Griezmann. These are the players that will allow Fabregas to move to CAM permanently or play there themselves and as we can see most of them are extremely expensive with a couple probably not even getable.

A great modern attacking mid that do well both offensively and defensively are very rare, we get those that are better defensively like Willian, Oscar...etc and those that are better offensively( David Silva, Mata...etc). Imo I would just pay Turan or Koke release clause, but both lack paces though. I really want a Koke-Willian hybrid with pace and vision+ great defensively. :(

Either way, im curious who we are targeting. I would like a fresh nr10 player, but a decent B2B player is more vital. We also need quality players to rotate with Hazard and Willian (hoping Cuadrado steps up next season). When you look at it this way we need a new AM, Central midfielder, Striker (replacing Drogba), and possibly a new CB. It is going to be a busy summer...

Oscar is hardly a big-name player. The lack of sensationalism is understandable. Even ESPN FC is only running the quotes on Fabregas and Matic.

I guess they picked up on the tone of the message. Jose was probably just implying that Oscar wasn't playing well but he wasn't playing poorly either.