Oscar

themightyblue

what's wrong with u. Did u not read robguima's post. We are winning the leagur WITH OSCAR so that means he is the best!!! End of discussion. It simplt does not matter that another match has gone by where oscar's contribution to our win and us winning the league is a big round 0. It simply does not matter that WE DO INDEED play better without him or that a player like willian plays his best football in the position normallt occupied by oscar. All of these facts simply mean shit cos oscar is the best. Oscar should be made the captain and given a contract till 2025.

Ps- I think the going to serie a and performing well was a self explanatory statement concerning anither one of our flops. Supposedly people just are not that subtle.

please dont misquote me... where did I write what you said I did? Or are those your "conclusions" again?!

I referred to something you actually wrote as opposed to something completely made up like you did:

I am sure he will go to a shit league like serie a and score tons of goal, But he does not have half the calibre required to be a chelsea player. Like I said SHIT player.

please dont misquote me... where did I write what you said I did? Or are those your "conclusions" again?!

I referred to something you actually wrote as opposed to something completely made up like you did:

What exactly was it that I was supposed to conclude in your argument? Cos to be honest, that is one of the weakest arguments I have read concering oscar and that is saying a lot.

Did not salah just go to fio and score a ton of goals? And yet he looked like a semi pro footballer playing for us even against a team luke Shrewsbury? What is it in what I wrote that you are finding so hard to grasp?

Next season we can't allow to have passengers like him starting crucial games week in week out for us. Oscar was good last season when he won many tackles and closed oppenent defenders down, but now he doesn't do that anymore, he seems completely out of place. He is a squad player but nothing more.

We sold Mata and KDB and put faith in Oscar improving (insane) and it hasn't happened. Only so long work ethic could mask his deficiencies.

If he stays in the summer we may as well sign George Boyd as well, he's the hardest working player in the league and only has 1 less goal than Oscar. Boyd would be perfect for those big CL games where we just run around a lot, sit back, offer nothing going forward and hope for the best.

I agree with Choulo that he wasn't terrible. But he's just become so bland. I remember two moments, the through ball played to Remy and his own chance to score. He's doing the absolute minimum, and in that sense he is comparable to the likes of Mikel and Kalou, because that's simply not good enough. A team like Chelsea needs so much more.

This Jekyll and Hyde thing he has going on when looking at his form in the first and second half of the season has to be one of the biggest misteries in football. He's a fine player until January hits...

If Remy put that chance away where Oscar put him through one on one with the keeper, then i doubt certain people on here would be crying and insulting the guy!

We are top of the league and Oscar has certainly played his part. With the postion we are in 7 points clear with a game in hand, already with the League cup in the bag, its bizarre how people have so much hate towards certain players! i guess some 'fans' are only happy when they have someone to critisize and insult

Really frustrating me, Oscar is. I just think the truth is that he is starting to get found out. If you put him in average team you would see how poor he actually is. I genuinely feel that he is made to look good at times because of the quality around him. When I watch him, he just does not inspire me with any belief. He lacks pace to effectively beat his man. I remember last season when he burned past that Schalke player and passed for Torres to score and that was very impressive but bar that he can't take on his man like Hazard and Willian can because he does not have enough pace. His dribbling is not of real quality. His long shots are not of real quality. Decent. What does he actually stand out in. The only thing I see him do for us is do those nice little flicks with Hazard and co and do neat link up play which should be standard for any no.10 at the club.

He really is lucky to find himself given the amount of opportunities he has been given this season because his performances have been well below par. I hope Mourinho signs a quality CM in the summer so we cna go 4-3-3 and there is no place for Oscar or just buy a better no.10 than Oscar because we can do much better than him. Even thouhg Willian gets a lot of stick and supporters of Oscar will say his stats are more impressive than Willian's which is true, it is so obvious to see when watching us play who contributes more in the game and who is the passenger.

Don't know if we'll be actively trying to sell him but I don't think we'd say no if a big offer came in.

The ideal scenario would be that Oscar stays as a squad player who still gets his fair share of starts and we add another world class midfielder. I'm not sure Oscar would stand for that, though. To be fair to him he IS too good of a player to get the Mata treatment and ride the bench every game.

Don't know if we'll be actively trying to sell him but I don't think we'd say no if a big offer came in.

The ideal scenario would be that Oscar stays as a squad player who still gets his fair share of starts and we add another world class midfielder. I'm not sure Oscar would stand for that, though. To be fair to him he IS too good of a player to get the Mata treatment and ride the bench every game.

Are you serious? That is where he deserves to be based on his form this season. Mata does not have the same defensive work rate as Oscar but he is a better technincal player and in reality is just a better player. Oscar is only in the team because he can press better. With Mata you can see that he is genuine quality and can score, assist, cross and do the spectacular and I would describe him as a quality player. Oscar is not. He is inconsistent. We would be lucky to get an offer for Oscar anywhere near the same range we did for Mata. Right now I would sell Oscar for £20m and even that is pushing it.

I know he has age on his side but I look at his general qualities and I just don't see where he will drastically improve in. With the likes of Lukaku and KDB who were 21 and 22 respectively when we sold them you recognised that they have qualities where you know will help them. Lukaku has the pace, power and finishing. KDB has the dribbling, crossing and general quality technical ability. Oscar does not have any of those traits where I think he will go on to be a star player.

Are you serious? That is where he deserves to be based on his form this season. Mata does not have the same defensive work rate as Oscar but he is a better technincal player and in reality is just a better player. Oscar is only in the team because he can press better. With Mata you can see that he is genuine quality and can score, assist, cross and do the spectacular and I would describe him as a quality player. Oscar is not. He is inconsistent. We would be lucky to get an offer for Oscar anywhere near the same range we did for Mata. Right now I would sell Oscar for £20m and even that is pushing it.

I know he has age on his side but I look at his general qualities and I just don't see where he will drastically improve in. With the likes of Lukaku and KDB who were 21 and 22 respectively when we sold them you recognised that they have qualities where you know will help them. Lukaku has the pace, power and finishing. KDB has the dribbling, crossing and general quality technical ability. Oscar does not have any of those traits where I think he will go on to be a star player.

I think you misunderstood my post or maybe I just didn't make myself clear. Oscar definitely deserves the treatment he's getting this season with all of the substitutions and starting on the bench. What I meant was that NEXT SEASON he's too good of a player to just be a Mikel type who's a rarely used squad player. He's not quite good enough to be an every game starter for us but he's too good to simply not play.

I'm no Oscar fan. I usually stick with my first impression because it's usually the right one and when i first saw him play i never thought he was something special. He's a decent player that can complement a squad but that's it for me.

But what i don't get is all the ambiguous comments on here. Yesterday he played almost identically to the way he played his 'good' games like against Swansea for example. The only difference is that he didn't score the opportunity he got.

I don't expect Oscar to do some flashy stuffy. He is a worker, not a creator. Most of us expect different from a number 10 but apparently not Mourinho in this team and i don't doubt him with his record.

So imo it's wrong to judge him on his goals and assists solely. He brings energy and comitment to the midfield that no one else (bar maybe Willain) offer. So whenever he brings that to the table he has fullfilled pretty much everything that i expect of him.

Whether that is all you expect from a number 10 in this Chelsea squad is definetely open to discussion. There are definitely players that would improve us in this area which i expect to be adressed by Mourinho in the Summer but right now i don't see anyone else who could do a better job then Oscar/Willian/Hazard as our AM's and we just have to see it through to the end of the season before we change it and give Oscar all the support we can