Oscar

themightyblue

Is it just me or was his best performance for Chelsea his debut in the CL against Juventus? Which was his first season....

Also Sturridge again, the guy who is having another season like his last 6 months at Chelsea, constantly injured and playing poorly. Suarez's influence on Sturridge is vastly underrated, created so much space and chances for him.

I actually appreciate your replay

.Both bought in as regular starters with huge reputation, one a ballon dor runner up and the other, Brazils number 10 and chief playmaker who was regarded as one of the best young players in europe and projected to become a surefire world class player ( a reputation that wasn't earned btw)

Lets be honest Chelsea hardly sign players that they don't think they have world class potential or at one point was at that level. This similarity can be applied to almost any player.

. Both started incredible amount of matches in their first 3 seasons despite failing to show any form of consistency and generally proven to be unreliable and not good enough.

This is the biggest difference between the two. Torres was at his best was average and servicable but nothing more then that. Oscar has shown flashes of his potential and one point and another has proven to be one of our best player. Last season early form and this season early form. You could never say that about Torres at any point in his Chelsea career.

The main similarity however is the overwhelming amount of patience, leniency afforded to both players Mixed in with strong denial from some posters amidst all the countless poor performances and false dawns.

in oscar's case if it's wasn't adaptation to a new league, it's his age and if it wasn't that, it's fatigue induced by playing so many games for club and country. Some have blamed the system and now jose appear s to be the latest explanation for his gross inconsistency over the last 3 seasons

But the similarity doesnt stop there, despite both players proving to be not good enough, we have failed to beef up or strenghten their respective position and therefore they face(d) no competition/threat for their places in the team.

But here is where age comes into play. The amount of patience given to Torres was undeserved he was in his prime age and like i said he never showed he could lead the line any point either. You expect Torres to prove his worth immediately since he is not future prospect, he was signed for a record 50m to bring in immediate impact.

You should be more patient with a 21year old coming to new league, hell its not like Oscar was even well established in Brazil either. It is not like Oscar came to Chelsea like Hazard, where Hazard was Franch League player of the year. Oscar was a breakout player in Brazil, before his transfer he had one full season in Brazil top flight.

If you believe he would be overnight world class player like Hazard, then its your fault for thinking that and being so impatient.

Bold part: You might look at them as excuses but that is your problem. You should probably see them as a way to understand and analyze why a player struggles. It is way to feaking easy just to crticize a player and say they are shit. Hell that takes no intelligence, it is waste of the brain you have been given.

Whenever those so called "excuses" are presented i always think about them deeply and see if they are valid.

And now i really mean it i will avoid every Oscar discussion.

My hope for Oscar is that midfielders in general seem to get better at age 25 till 29

When oscar gets there, he'll have more maturity to his game and probably realize his full potential. I still don't know who is available and a far better player to replace him in our 4-2-3-1 formation unless we can get reus for 45mil.

My hope for Oscar is that midfielders in general seem to get better at age 25 till 29

When oscar gets there, he'll have more maturity to his game and probably realize his full potential. I still don't know who is available and a far better player to replace him in our 4-2-3-1 formation unless we can get reus for 45mil.

Our own Willian is already better than him in that position, the problem is the RW when Wil plays in the middle, Cuadrado isn't ready yet.

Our own Willian is already better than him in that position, the problem is the RW when Wil plays in the middle, Cuadrado isn't ready yet.

But oscar has played a lot at the right wing before, With us and even with Brazil. Is it a long shot to try him there till he regains his form? He's a better crosser than any winger we have anyways.....

This thread is the exact replica of Torres thread circa late 2011- 2013 before everyone came to the harsh realization.

Not everyone was on the Torres bandwagon. The morning after we signed him you'd have found me crying in my coffee. If you'd known where to look.

Wasting £50m is the kind of thing that can happen when football opinions are based on statistics. Anyone who counted the goals he scored at Liverpool couldn't help but think Torres was a wonderful player but anyone who watched him play for Liverpool couldn't help but notice that he wasn't. I watched him and the opinion I expressed a result was often ridiculed. The same happened to the first people who broke cover and raised questions about Oscar. That's only normal I suppose.

That said, a forum is different to a stadium. I'm very proud of the way Chelsea fans stuck by Torres and held on to the hope absolutely as long as possible. I don't like it when The Bridge turns on one of its own. Sadly, that's beginning to happen with Oscar. I hope we can keep our criticisms on the forum and out of the stands.

Is it just me or was his best performance for Chelsea his debut in the CL against Juventus? Which was his first season....

Also Sturridge again, the guy who is having another season like his last 6 months at Chelsea, constantly injured and playing poorly. Suarez's influence on Sturridge is vastly underrated, created so much space and chances for him.

Sturridge played poorly? More like we played him out of position and he performed excellently. We played him on the RW when he clearly was our best striker at the club and he done well. Yes, Suarez and Sturridge worked very well together however you are underrating Sturridge form in Suarez absence. When Suarez was suspended last season Sturridge scored 6 in 5 without him. He scored in Liverpool's first 5 games where they won 4 and drew 1. He clearly showed that he was capable of standing up which proves your point wrong. Like Costa, when he returned from his injury you could see clearly he needed games. Same applies for Sturridge. When fit, he is one of the best strikers around. The thing is when Sturridge was sold the majority of us knew he was going to score for fun at Liverpool because it not as if he did not impress at us. He done very well considering where we played him.

You can spot the haters in this thread from a mile. Some actually give a "Like" to each possible post that regards Oscar in a negative way, which is not only sad but also pitifull.

Im enjoying the hypocricy in some of the posters, he did a lot of defensive duties and in the first part of the season he was surely one of our best players on the field. Nobody cares to remember this and only that he is playing really bad now and he is to blame for everything that does not work. May i remind some of you how Willian in the first part of the season was sometimes completely unnoticeable on the field?

The comparisions with Mikel and Torres are bloody ridiculous which only proves how much you know about football.

The claims some of you make regarding his price tag is also truly stupid. I can bet that if he is to be sold this summer he surely won't go for anything less than £30mil and thats not even a doubt. He is 23 years old it's only a matter of time before he will play good again here at Chelsea or somewhere else and most of the clubs know this.

I also advice the people who have nothing constructive to say in this discussion to ignore my post because i wouldn't even bother to respond to those kind of posters anymore.

Best span this season was when Oscar was in form for the overall team...

To me, it makes perfect sense why Oscar tallies off in the second half of the season. With the amount of workload he has in the firsthalf, I don't think he has the stamina to last a full season play the way Jose wants nor do I do 99 percent of the players in the world do...

Replacing him under Jose's tactics will be difficult imo.

For the forum's complete happiness it seems Chelsea got another Brazilian, ain't you bunch happy? Nathan from Atletico Paranaense

Don't really get your point ? Apart from both being Brazilian what does signing Nathan have to do with Oscar ?

Replacing him under Jose's tactics will be difficult imo.

Really? because Jose doesnt even play Oscar in most of our big games, he prefer to play Ramires because he cant trust Oscar to help us enough when we're on the ball, so he's like saying "the hell with it" and plays Ramires for tatical-defensive reasons. So i dont think it would be too difficult to replace Oscar, the player who repalces Oscar just needs to be good enough to get picked in the important games.