Oscar

themightyblue

Oscar is a really nice lad who gives his best for the team at all times and does his level best to do as the managers asks. I think it's therefore a bit harsh to talk about celebrating when he leaves. We do need an upgrade but the lad deserves a little love. It's not his fault that he isn't good enough and it isn't his fault that Jose has to keep picking him.

i doubt it. if he was giving us his all, he wouldnot suddenly start play well for brazil (that too against the likes of france and chile) while unable to make a 5 yard pass for us. last year, towards the end, can you honestly say that he was giving us his all or doing his best. i can not.

I still don't understand how he was so hyped before we signed him. I remember reading the comments that he is a 'Brazilian wonderkid and has the vision and footballing brain to be the best #10 in the world.' I wonder what scouts were watching him cause I feel he is exactly opposite to that.

His has produced maybe 5 good goals and a handful of decent games for us. I personally dont feel he has the quality to be a top player ever. We need to do a Luiz on him..

i doubt it. if he was giving us his all, he wouldnot suddenly start play well for brazil (that too against the likes of france and chile) while unable to make a 5 yard pass for us. last year, towards the end, can you honestly say that he was giving us his all or doing his best. i can not.

I certainly feel he does yes. He's had good performances for us and poor ones for Brazil too don't forget. In any case we'd both agree that because you've played badly, it doesn't mean you haven't tried. I like the bloke, I just don't think he's good enough for Chelsea.

He just isn't good enough I'm afraid.. I'm not sure if that's either a seasonal thing, or if his overall form has just dropped over the course of this season.. but if I was Mourinho, I'd cash in on him for at least £40m in the summer. Only a club like PSG could afford a fee such as that.

It would count as a profitable move for us, and I reckon we could use the money to bring in someone like Paul Pogba.

I certainly feel he does yes. He's had good performances for us and poor ones for Brazil too don't forget. In any case we'd both agree that because you've played badly, it doesn't mean you haven't tried. I like the bloke, I just don't think he's good enough for Chelsea.

i love iva and rambo, you dont need to tell me that "played badly" does not equate to have not tried. :)

He just isn't good enough I'm afraid.. I'm not sure if that's either a seasonal thing, or if his overall form has just dropped over the course of this season.. but if I was Mourinho, I'd cash in on him for at least £40m in the summer. Only a club like PSG could afford a fee such as that.

It would count as a profitable move for us, and I reckon we could use the money to bring in someone like Paul Pogba.

In our dreams. No one surely would be that stupid to spend that much on him.

real madrid?

i wont give up on them yet. i just hope they go trophyless this season and that forces them to make a couple of their "marquee signings".

so now deco's comments should be taken as the word of god??

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-star-raheem-sterling-better-5471361owen says sterling is way better than ozil and its not even debatable. well, i guess that settles it for once and all does not it?

as far as LOLcar is concerned, he has to be sold. he can go to some mickey mouse competition like serie a and play from some mickey mouse team.

pffft that's nothing. pele once declared Nii lamptey and Nicky barmby as future mega superstars and even claimed the latter was right up there with Zidane, maldini and Ronaldo.

Do you honestly believe he's worth that much?

I actually do think he'll sell for a hefty price, regardless of the form he's been in.

Even though he comes off as a shy, quiet kid he's still plays for the most famous national team on Earth and is a marketable and important player for them. He's got enough highlight reel plays and potential that a new fanbase and managers will be very excited about.

I guarantee we'll get at minimum £30m for him.

This thread is the exact replica of Torres thread circa late 2011- 2013 before everyone came to the harsh realization.

How is it similar to the Torres thread? i really want to hear how you connect the dots.

I say the smilairty is uncanny between this thread and the Sturridge thread.

How is it similar to the Torres thread? i really want to hear how you connect the dots.

I say the smilairty is uncanny between this thread and the Sturridge thread.

Please, you really can't compare Sturridge to Oscar. Sturridge didn't have 3 seasons here to develop, where he was a regular starter in his best position, like Oscar did. If he did, I'm very certain he'd still be a CFC player.

It really isn't the same at all. Oscar has been given ample opportunity to develop, whilst Sturridge wasn't at all.

If anything, Oscar's development seems quite similar to that of Mikel's. It certainly seems to be heading that way.

I'd value him half of that, on a good day.

We should be happy with £25m, which is 35 in euros, which is still a lot.

My (optimistic) feeling is that he'll go to Juventus, and we'll get Pogba. Juventus could finaly have a Trequartista , and Vidal will move back to the center, to Pogba's position. And they'll still have money to imrpove in other positions.

Please, you really can't compare Sturridge to Oscar. Sturridge didn't have 3 seasons here to develop, where he was a regular starter in his best position, like Oscar did. If he did, I'm very certain he'd still be a CFC player.

It really isn't the same at all. Oscar has been given ample opportunity to develop, whilst Sturridge wasn't at all.

If anything, Oscar's development seems quite similar to that of Mikel's. It certainly seems to be heading that way.

Uncanny should be a word i should have avoided tbh, but i still find more similarity with Sturridge in this regard. Both Oscar and Sturridge absloutely have shown world class potential and in strings of games in their time at Chelsea. In AVB spell until Jan Sturridge was upt here with Mata and Ramires as our best player. But it tend to happen, when our form dropped Sturridge became the scapegoat. In the same regard Oscar has become the scapegoat for our second half. He is not the only one struggling in the second half so is Cesc, Matic, and Costa. He is struggling the most of the bunch since Jan.But atm he is the def of scapegoat atm.

The comparison for Oscar and Sturridge is not perfect and like you said Sturridge was given limited time and didn't play his perfered postion. But just like Sturridge, he will prove his doubters wrong and just like him it is probably going to be somewhere else.

The Torres comparison makes no sense. Torres wasen't inconsistent, the problem was he was just not good enoguh at any point in his Chelsea career.

Mikel comparison? I never saw Mikel as someone with world class potential like i did with Sturridge and i do with Oscar, or did he get misteaken for our best player. I always saw Mikel as solid, and defended him many times because most of the time because i thoght he was our best option in the team before Matic arrival. So i can't say

Anyway we shell see what happen in the summer and beyond. I am going to dissociate myself from all Oscar discussion until the summer.