Frank Lampard

DavidEU

City are direct domestic competitive rivals (our ONLY rivals), so that's far worse, pretty much crying?, oh please.. he voluntarily took two points from us, in a game he explicitly stated he would not take part in, for a club he indirectly said he wouldn't join. You say it's only 'a few months' but he's already hurt us and he's extending the deal, even though the MLS will have started by then; which make the excuses even more of a joke.

He voluntarily took 2 points from us...

How about the terrible defending leading up to it?

How about the fact people didn't even want him here anymore because he "wasn't good enough."

If lampard is the reason people use if we don't win the league this season then extreme lol's should be had all round. What a cop out.

It's easy to blame lampard when it was our own fault for not putting the game away and making defensive errors leading to the goal.

211 or whatever he is has scored for us and however many trophies. He scores 1 against us in a loan deal and people act like he judas or something.

If i were Lamps, i woulnd't join City for any amount of money. Better to live as a pure Legend with a few less millions(he has enough of it) than live as an ordinary ex-footballer with a little more in the bank account.

The response he got proved that in most Chelsea fans eyes he still is a pure legend.

Won't work. We will need a 3rd area for fans like you, THE CRIBBING AREA. Cos all some of u do is cry, cry, cry and then cry some more. When not crying, you guys seem to be venting your personal anger and frustration on your poor keyboards.

Sometimes I wonder if u guys signed into TC knowing that it was a TalK CRIBBING forum rather than a talk chelsea forum.

Great work, you just described how you actually do also :D:D

lol... this is coming from you!!!

You went to respond to someone saying that, while you actually do it more often than most. You used your Mata disappointment and hated Oscar, cried about Lukaku, etc.

I don't mind people getting replies about how they cry about certain players and stuff like this but you replying it to them is simply hypocrite. Your one of the most bitter hatter i came across on this forum always insulting members when they don't agree with you and using your hatred on everyone.

While i might be the same i don't go out responding to people when i know i am also one. Atleast im not hypocrite.

I expect you to deny and reply in didierforever style like you always do which probably we already got used to.

You go off some assumptions and some of them do not make sense.

Let's see.

Fact 1 - Lampard says he wasn't offered a contract, Mourinho says he was. Word against word, someone is lying, we can't know who is or if both are lying/telling truth from their point of view..

Fact 2 - Lampard is quoted saying he won't be playing for another PL club.

Fact 3 - of all MLS clubs Lampard chose to sign with a club that is affilated with Manchester City.

Fact 4 - Lampard is either completely stupid or he knew that this club won't start playing before Jan/Feb 2015, therefore if he wants to keep himself in condition he will have to go on loan.

Fact 5 - Lampard chose to go on loan to ManCity (or, as some assume, he was forced into it by contract obligations - but it's a contract he signed by his own will).

Fact 6 - "playing high level football to keep fit for National Team" was cited as main excuse of moving back to PL.

Fact 7 - Lampard is unlikely to play much in the National Team, especially being a bench warmer for MC.

And now we can have a situation where he stays at ManCity when the club he signed for goes into pre-season, if rumor about extending his loan becomes reality.

From my point of view it all looks like a bunch of cheap excuses. If Lampard came out and said "ok, Chelsea didn't want me anymore, so I'm continuing my PL career elsewhere, thanks for all and good luck" it would have been more acceptable than this "poor Frankie, he is so stupid he got manipulated into playing for Chelsea's title rival and it makes him so sad" we are hearing. It's all his choices, however you try to get around it.

He could have moved to another MLS club, he could have not gone on loan to City, he could have negotiated not playing against us. But most important - he could have come and explain how he ended up being a City player a week after promissing he won't be playing for any PL club other than Chelsea, and do it without "i didn't know, I didn't think, I didn't want" routine. If he did only the latter, I would still have my utmost respect for him as a man and as a professional. But not now.

^ This should be compulsory reading before anyone submits a post in this thread, at least that way we will stop going around in circles.

You went to respond to someone saying that, while you actually do it more often than most. You used your Mata disappointment and hated Oscar, cried about Lukaku, etc.

I don't mind people getting replies about how they cry about certain players and stuff like this but you replying it to them is simply hypocrite. Your one of the most bitter hatter i came across on this forum always insulting members when they don't agree with you and using your hatred on everyone.

While i might be the same i don't go out responding to people when i know i am also one. Atleast im not hypocrite.

I expect you to deny and reply in didierforever style like you always do which probably we already got used to.

go to the post match thread and read what i wrote about oscar. he was my motm. i will give credit where it deserves. what else am i supposed to do? say a player has been brilliant when he was shit for 6 months? sorry, but i am not an idiot like some others.

i liked lukaku, and until the moment, he was "our" player, i fought for him. but as soon as we sold him, specially for 28 mil, i CHALLENGE you to find a SINGLE post where i have said anything demeaning our board and jose and the deal. if u find that, i will stop posting. if u cant, then dont say things that are not true and about which you have no clue.

anyways, why am i bothering to reply to a person who thinks SFL scoring a goal is equal to someone murdering a person.

no Chelsea fan can say that they are not hurt just a little bit by Lampard's recent actions

they'd be lying or denying it

Thats true. People are pretty entrenched in their degrees of pissed offness, and think other people on this forum should feel the same. Aint gonna happen.

Crying? Oh please. Show me a video or a picture where he is seen doing so. He was extremely happy to have scored and he was clearly buzzing afterwards, you could see that in his post-match interviews. He might have pretended he was crying or that he was emotional, but really, he isn't fooling anyone. After all he's no Daniel Day-Lewis. The whole applauding the fans thing came off as a farce.

I agree with Redknapp completely when he says we should not to be fooled by the fact that he didn't celebrate. In fact, I strongly believe that he will remember that goal as a singular achievement in his career for the rest of his life, I am convinced it is right up there with Munich, Bolton etc. for him.

Look, the difference between him and Drogba is that Drogba will always be referred to as 'the Chelsea legend', 'the Munich hero' etc, while Lampard will now be known as the ex-Manchester City player. Fact.

I don't care if Drogba's return turns out to be a terrible decision, and I don't care if he is our weakest player at the end of the season. In my mind Drogba will always be remembered as the legend who won us the Champions League. You mention Drogba, and his header and penalty from Munich are the first things that pop into my head. You mention Lampard, and the first image I have of him is in a City shirt. This has left a big stain on his career and anyone who disagrees is deluded. If you still love him as much as you once did, then good for you. Personally I won't be able to look at him the same way anymore.

Maybe in your opinion but that is in no case fact.

Drogba will always be one of the greats but so will lampard. Ask the Chelsea fans who went to the game if that is how he will be remembered. Do a poll in england right now and i would bet a lot of money on Lampard still being classed as one of the top 2 Chelsea legends of all time.

Also where are you getting this "Lampard hates Chelsea thing from"? Thats clearly not the case. People going crazy at lampard will clearly see what they want and everyone else will see things the other way. But whatever went on behind the scenes his connection to the fans still remains. It's not ideal but he will always be my no.1 as i have grown up watching him and seen pretty much every game since he first came here. 1 City loan spell won't change that.

I think that if Roma were to play against us and Ash had a part in it, he would get a standing ovation on Stamford, even if he scored a goal. Now if you're talking about Ash going to LA Galaxy and going back on loan to Liverpool and scoring, now that's a whole different story, mate.

Something about Lamps the last few years was really fishy, from AVB saga to always having a problem with signing a contract since he was past 30. Remember Micha? He wanted a 50% pay cut just to stay for 2 years.

The whole thing is just wrong on so many levels and it's just sad that we have to sit here and discuss whether one of our best players, if not the best player, we've had is still worthy of a legend status.

I still love Lamps, I remember running around the pitch when I was younger and trying to imitate him, when I scored a goal from distance I yelled LAMPAARD like crazy.

But the thing is, this whole saga floats so much shit every weekend. From him signing just to stay fit when Villa chose Melbourne, to him saying it was just for the English National Team and then retiring, to the obvious participation in the game, different emotions and eventually signing an extension.

Fucking football, man...

I was not saying Gala and City are the same thing just making a point.

Lampard still got a standing ovation after scoring against us playing for city. That says all that needs to be said about how high he is still thought of by a lot of fans.

But the 2 sides of this are never gonna agree. Clearly i think that people are making a hella of a fuss out of nothing and vice versa. It is what it is.

Great post.

If you compile the anti-Lamps posts with the pro-Lamps content, the anti side is a LOT STRONGER, we go into a lot more depth, there really is no counter-argument.

There are plenty of counter arguments, you just go on and on about how much money he made from being the face of Chelsea or some shit.

[quote name="HRiver" post="990939" I strongly believe that he will remember that goal as a singular achievement in his career for the rest of his life, I am convinced it is right up there with Munich, Bolton etc. for him.

Lampard will now be known as the ex-Manchester City player. Fact.

You mention Lampard, and the first image I have of him is in a City shirt. This has left a big stain on his career and anyone who disagrees is deluded. If you still love him as much as you once did, then good for you. Personally I won't be able to look at him the same way anymore.

A goal he scored in September to salvage a draw for a club he is on loan to will rank up there with goals he scored to win the league? And get to the CL final? Hmm.

Lol he won't be remembered as a Chelsea player?

You don't remember his penalty vs Liverpool? Or goals vs Bolton? Shame.

You don't remember his penalty vs Liverpool? Or goals vs Bolton? Shame.

Well, he wanted to burn down the Chelsea museum amid the speculations of Jose going to United. He also refused to be proud of the back to back titles. And those were just pure speculations. Imagine now, with Lamps actually wearing the sky blue shirt. I guess he deleted or erased all the videos about Munich or Bolton, as Lamps is dead to him.