Frank Lampard

DavidEU

No. People should be allowed to express their opinions on the matter as long as they do so respectfully.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of disrespect already. "MoneyWhorepad" and such name calling is completely ridiculous. But whatever, I guess.

Yes, for the vast majority of footballers it is all about the money. But in some rare cases, the footballer develops a relation with the club and its fans that money is no longer the dominant factor. Those footballers turn into icons for their clubs and cult heroes for their fans.

It's not a fantasy. Often players who have spent as much time at a club as Frank, they pay the ultimate respect for the fans by never playing for a rival or in the same league. People like Nest, Raul, Giggs...etc. For us, Drogba didn't consider moves inside England when he left, Cole refused a move inside England which would have been more comfortable and probably pays a lot more and went to Roma instead. Heck, Del Piero refused a move to Liverpool out of respect for the 39 Juventus fans that died in a match against Liverpool in 1985!

So the disappointment or rather the disillusionment comes from the fact that we thought that Frank loves the club and respects the fans as much as those players respect theirs.

It's a shame Lamps won't be our Giggs, I'm confident Terry won't follow in his footsteps. Those two are literally part of a by-gone era, pre-roman.. became the personifications of the club like Del Piero and Juve, I wonder who the next guy will be after Terry, maybe Chalobah.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of disrespect already. "MoneyWhorepad" and such name calling is completely ridiculous. But whatever, I guess.

One comment which I clearly called as the last warning for any insults, does not make "a lot of disrespect".

I'll say it again. Any insults to players or members will be punished.

It's a shame Lamps won't be our Giggs, I'm confident Terry won't follow in his footsteps. Those two are literally part of a by-gone era, pre-roman.. became the personifications of the club like Del Piero and Juve, I wonder who the next guy will be after Terry, maybe Chalobah.

nathan ake!. if you would count a dutch player from the youth team.

Yes, for the vast majority of footballers it is all about the money. But in some rare cases, the footballer develops a relation with the club and its fans that money is no longer the dominant factor. Those footballers turn into icons for their clubs and cult heroes for their fans.

It's not a fantasy. Often players who have spent as much time at a club as Frank, they pay the ultimate respect for the fans by never playing for a rival or in the same league. People like Nest, Raul, Giggs...etc. For us, Drogba didn't consider moves inside England when he left, Cole refused a move inside England which would have been more comfortable and probably pays a lot more and went to Roma instead. Heck, Del Piero refused a move to Liverpool out of respect for the 39 Juventus fans that died in a match against Liverpool in 1985!

So the disappointment or rather the disillusionment comes from the fact that we thought that Frank loves the club and respects the fans as much as those players respect theirs.

I definitely understand that aspect and for sure felt let down like many of Chelsea fans. For this reason I appreciate Terry very much and he will always be my favorite chelsea player. But still the reactions here are as if Lampard murdered someone.

Everything you said makes sense.

But the fact is that he didn't join them, he joined mls.

It was the mls club that loaned him out.

That's a very different prospects then just joining straight up like van persie to United.

That;s a great word you've found here. Disillusionment.

That's it, probably. People associate themselves with their clubs, people believe that players who spend almost their whole career here associate themselves with the club too. That's what makes player pass from "Great player who did so much for us" to "Legend" in peoples mind.

Lampard is a great professional player who did his job for us and now is doing it the same way for our main title rival - that's his choice, that's ok for him. But it's not ok for people who can't imagine things like supporting Chelsea for half their life and then go and become an Arsenal fan. So here it is, disillusionment from a lot of people here.

Raul or Drogba or - for God's sake - Gerrard - didn't think it's ok to go and play against their club, that's what makes them legends, at least for their supporters.

I won't be surprised if I see Lampard stay in City structure when his career ends - as TV pundit or maybe even coach or whatever. He's taking professional approach over sentimental one, so it depends on the offer, I think.

Getting increasingly difficult with all the money in the game now, which makes it an even bigger shame the opportunity that Frank missed for a loan at City.

For all their similar situations with the club, Terry has always been different, or at least that's what I'd like to believe. John for me has always been Mr. Chelsea and showed passion for the club that no one else shows.

For us, I'd probably put my money on Ake. Even though, he's not English, he currently looks the one most likely to make it from the youth academy. He's also captained us in several age groups, so he is Chelsea through and through. Have hopes for Ruben Loftus Cheek as well.

I think Ake is certainly the most likely to be a regular ,, in a few years I hope to see Brown

and Boga or Solanke .. think Josh has missed his chance and have doubts about Nat

Getting increasingly difficult with all the money in the game now, which makes it an even bigger shame the opportunity that Frank missed for a loan at City.

For all their similar situations with the club, Terry has always been different, or at least that's what I'd like to believe. John for me has always been Mr. Chelsea and showed passion for the club that no one else shows.

For us, I'd probably put my money on Ake. Even though, he's not English, he currently looks the one most likely to make it from the youth academy. He's also captained us in several age groups, so he is Chelsea through and through. Have hopes for Ruben Loftus Cheek as well.

Being from the youth academy makes up for the fact he's not English, if he was signed for a fee from another club then it's different, although not impossible.

I always remember that story (around 2011-2012) about how Terry gives all the youth players his personal mobile number and checks up on them, pays for driving lessons and holidays when they get injured. He's FULLY immersed in all aspects of the club, it's incredible really.. 'Proper Chels'.

No insults. To Frank or any Chelsea player or members here. Final warning.

What? Am i reading this shit right? Some called Oscar useless, i won't even go in the members direction each time someone disagree an insult is coming.

Beside that why would you defend somthing i said and is true? Unless he actually went to City because he didn't knew who he was joining. :wank2::wank2:

Or maybe your right he went to City because he loved to play there, this could also be an option.

What? Am i reading this shit right? Some called Oscar useless, i won't even go in the members direction each time someone disagree an insult is coming.

Beside that why would you defend somthing i said and is true? Unless he actually went to City because he didn't knew who he was joining. :wank2::wank2:

calling oscar useless is equivalent to abusing a LEGEND.

:clown::clown:

a gift that never stops giving.

I definitely understand that aspect and for sure felt let down like many of Chelsea fans. For this reason I appreciate Terry very much and he will always be my favorite chelsea player. But still the reactions here are as if Lampard murdered someone.

Yes, like I said earlier, some of the reactions have been over the top, some even verging on embarrassing, but that shouldn't take away the right for fans to express their disappointment. And at the end of the day those are emotional reactions.

I think Ake is certainly the most likely to be a regular ,, in a few years I hope to see Brown

and Boga or Solanke .. think Josh has missed his chance and have doubts about Nat

Yes, Brown I rate very highly. Think it's still a bit early to pass judgement on Boga and Solanke, though they certainly look promising.