Oriol Romeu

termninja

I'm afraid his big chance for Chelsea was blown with that injury. I'm sure he would've been one of Benitez's boys. He would've picked him quite a bit and we could've got a real chance to see what he could do on a consistent basis, but alas...

I'm afraid his big chance for Chelsea was blown with that injury. I'm sure he would've been would've Benitez's boys. He would've picked him quite a bit and we could've got a real chance to see what he could do on a consistent basis, but alas...

Nothing is over till the fat lady sings.....

He hasn't been sold (as yet). Mourinho may still try him with a smaller side and he may still work his way back to being a squad player for us.

People overrate this kid a bit, sorry.

I think most people just see a young guy who was improving with almost every performance. What I loved about him was his ability to get the ball and move it on quickly, sometimes finding an incisive pass through the lines and looking stronger and stronger in defence. Losing him last season was a massive blow because I think he would've been a big player for us in the pivot.

Some people can make little comments about people overrating players but I think a lot of people see something in players like Romeu and Chalobah that is missing from some of our older players. There's a hunger and a sense of urgency to their play. It would be a real shame if this guy didn't get another chance at this club because he seemed to have everything we needed.

I think most people just see a young guy who was improving with almost every performance. What I loved about him was his ability to get the ball and move it on quickly, sometimes finding an incisive pass through the lines and looking stronger and stronger in defence. Losing him last season was a massive blow because I think he would've been a big player for us in the pivot.

Some people can make little comments about people overrating players but I think a lot of people see something in players like Romeu and Chalobah that is missing from some of our older players. There's a hunger and a sense of urgency to their play. It would be a real shame if this guy didn't get another chance at this club because he seemed to have everything we needed.

Kid has certainly got a bit of quality about him but I don't understand the overreaction to him going out on loan on here like he's the best DM in the league or something. He's just come back from a serious injury and needs all the game time he can get so sending him out on loan to a decent club that offers exactly that is a good thing in my opinion.

Loan him to a side that pass the ball in either England, Holland or Spain. Someone like Swansea or Ajax would be ideal but yet again Swansea are set to sign that Jose Canas guy from Betis on a free transfer and I'm not sure if Ajax would take him.

I actually always thought (by 'always' I mean the moment I found out we were about to sign him) that he would eventually end up at Valencia to fill the eventual void left by Albelda. Quite similar players but Oriol is the better passer definitely.

I think the Valencia supporters would really love and appreciate him. Just the type of player they need and if it's just a loan it'd be a good one - they're in the Europa League so lots of potential playing time.

If this doesn't materialise I hope Villarreal go in for him to try and replace Marcos Senna for a season. Having him in a (potential) relegation battle next season would show a lot about his personality & determination.

Ideally though I'd rather he stay and let Essien ( :cry: ) go. Big fan.