Oriol Romeu

termninja

Totally saw the coming with the signing of Van Ginkel and Jose's statements on the new signings that he's looking for an instant impact from them. I think that's good for Oriol, he should get some time on the pitch with Valencia, which is unlikely to be the case had he stayed with us (especially if we also get De Rossi). It's hard not to feel sorry for the lad though, his situation could have been entirely different if it hadn't been for that nasty injury.

Oh gawd I hope we don't keep on playing a pivot for 10 years...

REal, bayern, spain, germany, manc, manu etc all play with double pivot. What is the problem there? Barca plays 4:3:3 and are defensive liability. For a system 4:3:3 we would need 11 players that can play organised in defense and be quick on counter attacks and say goodbye to Mata and Luiz.

REal, bayern, spain, germany, manc, manu etc all play with double pivot. What is the problem there? Barca plays 4:3:3 and are defensive liability. For a system 4:3:3 we would need 11 players that can play organised in defense and be quick on counter attacks and say goodbye to Mata and Luiz.

No. Luiz is a great defender to have in a counter attacking system simply because he can produce great long balls from the back and can carry the ball out.

Glad for him, his potential is massive and he's so young, if he develops well, he could be the answer to our pivot worries as he could have 10 years there.

Couldn't agree more...

I hope he'll play a lot at Valencia and improve... Valencia is an excellent choice for him.

Everyone uses the 4-2-3-1 now, it's like how everyone used 4-3-3 in 2006. Wonder what the new craze will be. 3-5-2 probably.

can't understand the hype behine the 3-5-2. it's just a glorified 4-diamond-2. King Carlo knew his shit.

can't understand the hype behine the 3-5-2. it's just a glorified 4-diamond-2. King Carlo knew his shit.

I think systems are generally overrated. If you play with good players who are disciplined and cover all areas of the pitch, you could play almost any formation and have success. I dislike how once one team has success with a system, everyone wants to copy them. That said, I think the 3-5-2 actually is potentially a good balance for a lot of modern teams because there are so few teams with real width in attack so having three central defenders effectively cuts out a lot of attacks that refuse to use width.

It's not about the formation, it's about what system your players fit best in regardless of who else uses it. Spain, for example don't use 4-2-3-1 in particular; their team has a very "free" formation because positional freedom is what suites their players best.

It's not about the formation, it's about what system your players fit best in regardless of who else uses it. Spain, for example don't use 4-2-3-1 in particular; their team has a very "free" formation because positional freedom is what suites their players best.

I think we will only play 4:3:3 without Mata and this wont be this year. He is our best player but also our weakest part due to his un-verstility. I agree our team suits 4:3:3 better, but that team has no Mata. Or atleast he will not be as good as he is now. Main problem with him is that his game is shit against pressing opposition (Barca, Bayern, Brasil, City,...). Appart from his pass/cross for a goal, he was realy weak vs barca and bayern last CL. He is great in PL (bar City) though.

I think we will only play 4:3:3 without Mata and this wont be this year. He is our best player but also our weakest part due to his un-verstility. I agree our team suits 4:3:3 better, but that team has no Mata. Or atleast he will not be as good as he is now. Main problem with him is that his game is shit against pressing opposition (Barca, Bayern, Brasil, City,...). Appart from his pass/cross for a goal, he was realy weak vs barca and bayern last CL. He is great in PL (bar City) though.

Not sure why some people keep on banging on the notion that our squad is suited for the 4-3-3 formation. Barring 2-3 players, all the other players are capable of playing 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 or other formations for that matter. Moreover regarding the 4-3-3, it's not just about the midfield players we have but also the strikers. Torres is not suited to such formation. Ba can possibly function in it considering he used to play there for Newcastle on numerous times. And we still don't know if Lukaku can really play there right now. He has always played in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 at West Brom.

As for him being weak against Barcelona, well, that game was never suited to him in the first place give our approach/strategy then. He did alright based on what was asked of him. Against Bayern, don't think it helped him again with a similar approach. We practically just sat back and invited pressure in that game. Hardly any pressing done from the entire team.

Genius move from the board.

Valencia are one of the top clubs in Spain who will be playing European football next season, if Romeu has a great season there he can come back effectively like a new signing.

True did not thought about that.

I thought it was the end of his career cause we have Ake, Chalobah, and the senior players.

I still remember one or two games under AVB where he was insanely awesome.

If he can get that form back and be consistent then he will be a beast!

Romeu:

“Mourinho explained to me that Essien and Lampard were ahead of me. He insisted that, after an injury, I had to play many games."

'I’m very grateful to Mourinho for allowing to leave for Valencia — it was where I wanted to go.'

at least,,Mou know how good Romeu when his condition full of fitness...

@cfcrulesmysoul

Romeu:

Mourinho explained to me that Essien and Lampard were ahead of me. He insisted that, after an injury, I had to play many games."

'Im very grateful to Mourinho for allowing to leave for Valencia it was where I wanted to go.'

at least,,Mou know how good Romeu when his condition full of fitness...

Mou come on essien over romeu?? I hope it is only for 1 season!