Stamford Bridge Thread

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, the wes said:

they are going to fuck about and build a bloody generic piece of shit that will look out of date in 10, 12 years (like the Arse shit box)

assholes

that original design was off the charts world class and so so unique and loaded with everything imaginable

I will tell you right now, it is IMPOSSIBLE to build a decent stadium in West London for under half a billion

it simply will not happen

I am terrified they move us out to some goddamn suburban location

god I hope the club is sold, jut not to any saudi royal headchoppers

I really hope rebuild of Stamford Bridge does happen and the club isnt relocated to some soulless suburb. Battersea was an amazing alternative but that idea is now long gone so how about just go with the rebuild plans that have been already made.

Just save the 500m by playing the youth and selling the overpriced overpaid mediocre players. I can stand a few years of mediocrity if it means the best academy in the world finally gets the recognition it deserves and in the process Chelsea finally get the stadium the fans have been waiting for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2019 at 0:32 PM, !Hazard! said:

I really hope rebuild of Stamford Bridge does happen and the club isnt relocated to some soulless suburb. Battersea was an amazing alternative but that idea is now long gone so how about just go with the rebuild plans that have been already made.

Just save the 500m by playing the youth and selling the overpriced overpaid mediocre players. I can stand a few years of mediocrity if it means the best academy in the world finally gets the recognition it deserves and in the process Chelsea finally get the stadium the fans have been waiting for.

How many academy graduates have left the club and gone on to show that they are Champions League level footballers? I think the answer to that question is zero. If you agree, then maybe you also agree that it's not justified to imply that the club has failed to promote youngsters. The current crop of Cobhamlproducts are getting chances because they are the first to deserve it.

Back to the stadium; whichever way we cut it, building away from the Stamford Bridge site is far less expensive than staying put. Probably as much as £500m less. The problem is finding an acceptable site of course.

• 2 months later...

To be honest I was really shocked when I saw the stadium. It was smaller than I imagined. But then I got it , it's a proper football stadium, not like the hugh multipurpose stadiums that we have in India.

IMG_20190706_121428.jpg

IMG_20190609_155542.jpg

😭 Missing my number 10

1 hour ago, nachikethas said:

To be honest I was really shocked when I saw the stadium. It was smaller than I imagined. But then I got it , it's a proper football stadium, not like the hugh multipurpose stadiums that we have in India.

IMG_20190706_121428.jpg

IMG_20190609_155542.jpg

😭 Missing my number 10

So wonderful you finally made it to the Bridge!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone. Been a while since I last posted here, I had a small question regarding finding tickets for a particular match and I remember that there are quite a few local fans in this forum, so thought I would ask. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm thinking of visiting London and watching the team I grew up with for the first time this season. I've already purchased a membership card, but my question is regarding loyalty points. I understand that of most of the matches vs club rivals in addition to the first and last home games of the season are only sold on the premise that a certain amount of loyalty points are met. 

For that reason I'm looking at Home to Palace on Nov 9th, or Home to Norwich on May 2nd. Would I be able to buy these tickets on the official website without having to worry about having 0 loyalty points? Provided that I buy them as soon as the purchase window for members opens on the website. I thought it'd be best to be absolutely sure before booking my flight to London.

Cheers.

• 1 month later...
On 16/10/2019 at 3:24 PM, Iggy Doonican said:

The expansion or new version of the Bridge is never going to happen not in my lifetime anyway just to many hurdles to jump. We've had problems with the ground since the 70's and they were self inflicted the board being far to ambitious on the back of a few trophies won. In the 80's we nearly lost the ground completely and although I'm not a fan of Bates he did save the ground but then fucked everything in the 90's concentrating on infrastructure outside of the stadium hotels,restaurants etc Chelsea even had a travel agency once.

The West Stand was knocked down in 1997 and wasn't finished till 2001 because of planning permission and nearly 20 years later and nothings changed it's a logistical nightmare so and I hate to end on a pun but the new ground is a bridge too far.

this is a MASSIVE problem

fucking geo-politics

I got the boot off a yank political chatroom because I was having a chat about footie and obviously brought up Chels, so some thick cunt started calling me a Russian troll who got that twat Trump elected!!

all because of Roman owning us

ffs

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Laylabelle said:

Especially when for cup games they sometimes the the whole shed. No piss off! Its ours!

I dont mind the East but being at the top..vertigo! Same as West!

Nothing is as bad as Newcastle no one over 40 can sing for the first 15 minutes the amount of stairs is unreal.

12 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Nothing is as bad as Newcastle no one over 40 can sing for the first 15 minutes the amount of stairs is unreal.

Our west stand mullers me, took me grandson to one of our games, Watford last season.

He's telling me come on you old bastard, and there's me gasping for air only half way up, thinking i aint gonna make it, and as Layla say's i was fucked when i did get there with the height i was fucking giddy as well.:D