Stamford Bridge Thread

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you will have the option to sit in 'safe standing' areas. I think the area can be configured for everyone to stand, or for everyone to sit. A few hundred people choosing to sit, dotted around, would put paid to the 'safe' part of the safe standing system.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-26149790/safe-standing-football-rail-seat-explained

5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Thanks UJ,

That's exactly as I understood it then. If you want to sit you have to go to an all seated area; if you want to stand then you go to an all standing area. People who want to stand at high emotion moments, and sit during others, will have to buy tickets for all seated areas and 'break' the ground regs. Just like they do now.

Thanks UJ,
That's is exactly as I understood it then. If you want to sit you have to go to an all seated area; if you want to stand then you go to an all standing area. People who want to stand at high emotion moments, and sit during others, will have to buy tickets for all seated areas and 'break' the ground regs. Just like they do now.
Exactly.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Thanks UJ,

That's is exactly as I understood it then. If you want to sit you have to go to an all seated area; if you want to stand then you go to an all standing area. People who want to stand at high emotion moments, and sit during others, will have to buy tickets for all seated areas and 'break' the ground regs. Just like people do now.

I get your point

But I dont understand why mate, If like this vid there was some added spring system (like the chairs at the cinema)  when you stood up the chairs would fold su there would be no blockages in case of emergency etc,.

There must be a way to be able to sit or stand without views being blocked surely.

6 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I get your point

But I dont understand why mate, If like this vid there was some added spring system (like the chairs at the cinema)  when you stood up the chairs would fold su there would be no blockages in case of emergency etc,.

There must be a way to be able to sit or stand without views being blocked surely.

There can't be a way to allow people to sit when they want to in a standing area while also guaranteeing that no one will stand in front of them.

It also will not be safe. You and I remember the Shed and how it was then. Safe standing won't be the same as that was, but people will still go crazy at times. Seated people who can't move with the, lateral, wave just become obstacles for people to trip and fall over. It would happen all the time and there would be injuries, some serious. Because of this there is absolutely zero chance that clubs would get a licence to allow seated fans in safe standing areas.

The video makes it quite clear that there is not even a proposal that seated and standing areas would be mixed. It makes clear that, once an area has been set up for safe standing, individual fans will not be able to lower the seat so they can sit in it. As you may remember, I'm strongly against the return of standing but the tide looks like its going against my point of view. If this happens, and a match going fan does not wish to, or feel able to, stand for two hours or so, then they are going to need to get tickets in seated areas.

P.S. I notice you changed the video in your original post. Good work, the new one explains the safe standing method more clearly. People will see even better now that there is no provision for sitting in the safe standing areas.

33 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

There can't be a way to allow people to sit when they want to in a standing area while also guaranteeing that no one will stand in front of them.

It also will not be safe. You and I remember the Shed and how it was then. Safe standing won't be the same as that was, but people will still go crazy at times. Seated people who can't move with the, lateral, wave just become obstacles for people to trip and fall over. It would happen all the time and there would be injuries, some serious. Because of this there is absolutely zero chance that clubs would get a licence to allow seated fans in safe standing areas.

The video makes it quite clear that there is not even a proposal that seated and standing areas would be mixed. It makes clear that, once an area has been set up for safe standing, individual fans will not be able to lower the seat so they can sit in it. As you may remember, I'm strongly against the return of standing but the tide looks like its going against my point of view. If this happens, and a match going fan does not wish to, or feel able to, stand for two hours or so, then they are going to need to get tickets in seated areas.

I think you paint a grimmer picture than whats reallity somewhat,

Ive not seen much craziness up in MH East for awhile unless its some guy thats lost his internet comms.

I understand that the proposed system means that the seats will be either up or down but I'm saying OK. Lets call this end a standing area but lets give us the sitting option of the ones in the vid but lets try to adapt it to add this spring system that puts the seat back into its upright position if the user stands up so there wouldn't be any seats left don in case there ever was any commotion. Nobody is going to be 100% safe. But I know that I'd like the chance to take the weight off my feet at times.

4 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I think you paint a grimmer picture than whats reallity somewhat,

Ive not seen much craziness up in MH East for awhile unless its some guy thats lost his internet comms.

I understand that the proposed system means that the seats will be either up or down but I'm saying OK. Lets call this end a standing area but lets give us the sitting option of the ones in the vid but lets try to adapt it to add this spring system that puts the seat back into its upright position if the user stands up so there wouldn't be any seats left don in case there ever was any commotion. Nobody is going to be 100% safe. But I know that I'd like the chance to take the weight off my feet at times.

I get what you're saying but I'm willing to bet you a lot of money that seating will never be allowed in safe standing areas. Impractical, and far too dangerous.

10 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I get what you're saying but I'm willing to bet you a lot of money that seating will never be allowed in safe standing areas. Impractical, and far too dangerous.

I don't see it myself.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one c5060f53c6f88516a033f9e65009b39b.gif

30 minutes ago, yuvala said:

Guys I really fucked up and I pretty much wanna die right now . 

I'll be in London sept 29, we're playing Liverpool and I missed the chance to buy tickets :(:(

What can I do ? 

@xPetrCechx

9 hours ago, yuvala said:

Guys I really fucked up and I pretty much wanna die right now . 

I'll be in London sept 29, we're playing Liverpool and I missed the chance to buy tickets :(:(

What can I do ? 

https://www.viagogo.com/Sports-Tickets/International-Soccer/Barclays-Premier-League/Chelsea-FC-Tickets/E-2839143?qty=2

About to sell out - Only 16 tickets left

warning, they aren't cheap mate

my prices show in Swedish kronor, divide by roughly 12 to get quid price

Roman Abramovich plans to resume £500million redevelopment of Stamford Bridge as Chelsea dismiss reports Russian billionaire is set to sell

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6100521/Chelsea-owner-Roman-Abramovich-plans-resume-500million-redevelopment-Stamford-Bridge.html

But still no facts about it

You've not paid attention if you think Chelsea will fall without Abramovich.

Spot on by Martin Samuel again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6103703/Youve-not-paid-attention-think-Chelsea-fall-without-Roman-Abramovich.html