On 13/08/2021 at 16:12, Mário César said:

exactly

its time to expense SB

On 13/08/2021 at 16:21, NikkiCFC said:

Not to expense but to build new one!

Expense is the wrong word to use here lads. 'Expand' is the word you want. 🙂

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

6 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

As I remember it we were massively outbid for that site because, even when income from the redevelopment of The Bridge was taken into account, the revenue generating power of a football stadium was dwarfed by that of a mixed development of residential and commercial property on so large a scale. That meant CFC's competitors for the site could easily rationalise bidding far more than Roman could justify.

For various reasons I always was, and still am, in favour of a site away from Stamford Bridge. The problem is that it looks impossible to find one which is geographically appropriate and affordable.

Burton Court

Ranelagh Gardens

(Sloane Square Tube)

4366db7e070759172d72989ba96ee033.jpgef9705a57805c3d4793519e0e49b05ab.png9c4ccaeda1b8609d6e5f22f86a0f5e1d.jpgd8a4397f0ac3801d4150ef00f3179af3.png4c468197107553b067da2ddb715a4460.jpge98bb43b3afedbffd6154db600897214.jpg

Edited by Vesper

22 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Are you speculating Vesper or do you have a feeling this could be viable? With an untrained eye on the map it looks like mission impossible.

no idea what legal barriers (and cost barriers) would be involved, but in terms of open space, it is LITERALLY the perfect location on the planet for Chelsea FC

it is the epicentre of Chelsea and it is not built up to any significant degree anymore

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

no idea what legal barriers (and cost barriers) would be involved, but in terms of open space, it is LITERALLY the perfect location on the planet for Chelsea FC

it is the epicentre of Chelsea and it is not built up to any significant degree anymore

I'd be very surprised if planning was obtainable there. It is also a long walk from Sloane Square or Fulham Broadway. Sixty thousand people stomping through those busy streets on match days would be a planning issue to start with.

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'd be very surprised if planning was obtainable there. It is also a long walk from Sloane Square or Fulham Broadway. Sixty thousand people stomping through those busy streets on match days would be a planning issue to start with.

Im not sure about London, but mass transit and parking are the biggest considerations here for stadiums. Traffic can be a nightmare getting out of stadiums.

20 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

not that long a walk at all

11793ed359bf95177e187651274316d6.png

roughly the same walk as South Kensington tube station was from where I grew up, which was nothing at all (unless it was raining like crazy and I had just gotten my hair done, and numpty me had forgotten a brolly lolol)

10ed6d149cfcbe095970787ca6b7d534.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/11/2021 at 17:57, Fulham Broadway said:

Its the West Stand only - means it'll be full of middle class wealthy types - shouldnt affect the atmosphere too much - pretty quiet most of the time anyway

Yep, #West stand, west stand, give us a song#, is already the most pointless chant in all of football. 😒

That said good, helpful, support isn't always about chanting. It's often about excitement, energy, involvement, noise. The situation with 'Westview' definitely isn't going to help. 

P.S. I should point out that the West  Stand is where I've been for years though I'll be in The Shed in future. Back to where it all started so many years ago. Sort of.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

• 4 weeks later...
On 29/03/2020 at 18:03, Vesper said:

Worse than that

Until COVID-19 (who the hell knows what the financial shape of the top 100 clubs in Europe will be post crisis) 

it was on track for us to be the only top 32 European clubs with no new or large, renovated stadium within 2 to 3 or so years

I comment on each

this list is ordered per player total value, not in terms of quality of club

1    Manchester City   modern, giant stadium
2    Liverpool FC    adding even more new expansions
3    Real Madrid   soon, along with Barca, will have the biggest football only brand new billion euro renovated stadium, I have document both multiple times 
4    FC Barcelona   see Real Madrid
5    Paris Saint-Germain   massive new renovation part of a billion euro overall upgrade of all their physical plant
6    Bayern Munich    modern, giant stadium
7    Atlético Madrid   recently opened monster new stadium
8    Tottenham Hotspur  recently opened monster new stadium
9    Chelsea FC   fucked
10    Manchester United  panning huge renovation and expansion of OT
11    Juventus FC recently opened monster new stadium
12    Arsenal FC   renovation planned for the Emirates
13    Borussia Dortmund  more renovations planned, already is a HUGE stadium
14    Inter Milan  brand new huge stadium planned to start soon, along with AC Milan
15    SSC Napoli    brand new stadium to be soon built finally, they had THE WORST stadium (despite the atmospherics and intimidation factor) on this list, it was a true shithole
16    RB Leipzig   modern, large newer stadium
17    Valencia CF    brand new stadium finally will be finished soon
18    Everton FC  brand new stadium to open in a couple years
19    Leicester City    modern stadium, planned expansion to well over 40,000 with far more luxe boxes
20    Olympique Lyon   giant new stadium built several years back
21    Bayer 04 Leverkusen  soon a large renovation/expansion of BayArena  
22    Ajax Amsterdam   renovation already coming
23    AS Roma   brand new stadium, Stadio Della Roma, soon started
24    AC Milan    see Inter (I understand the money situ, but I still find it insane these two monster clubs will still share a pitch)
25    SS Lazio    giant new stadium, Stadio delle Aquile soon built
26    SL Benfica   renovated huge stadium 
27    Sevilla FC   complete renovation and massive expansion (entire new third tier and massive luxe boxes) soon starts
28    FC Porto  renovated huge stadium  
29    Olympique Marseille  recently renovated and another planned expansion coming 
30    FC Schalke 04    modern, huge stadium, and total renovation/expansion planned
31   Villarreal CF  brand new stadium, Estadio de la Cerámica, being built
32   Hertha BSC  renovated Olympiastadion a couple years back, then will move to a new giant one

other notable clubs

Sporting CP   large, modern stadium, renovation coming once their financials are sorted
Real Sociedad    New Anoeta opened in 2019
Wolverhampton Wanderers    massive new ground up renovation expansion soon started
West Ham United    not ideal but they do have a huge stadium, a new one, with tonnes of luxe boxes
Borussia Mönchengladbach   modern stadium, expansion/renovation on the books soon
ACF Fiorentina  Nuovo Stadio Fiorentina, over 40,000 cap, soon started
Real Betis Balompié  recently renovated and increased to 61,000 capacity  
Athletic Bilbao   new modern, 52K cap stadium recent built
VfL Wolfsburg   modern large stadium, with renovations coming
Eintracht Frankfurt   massive expansion to over 60,000 soon started 
Zenit St. Petersburg    huge new stadium from WC    
CSKA Moscow   huge new stadium from WC
Spartak Moscow    huge new stadium from WC

Wolves are getting a 50,000 seater renovation with many luxe boxes

Wolves unveil £40m football stadium redevelopment plan | News ...

Nuovo Stadio Fiorentina (I love this design, and ffs, even Fiorentina is getting this done)

New Fiorentina Stadiumfiorentinanew2.jpgfiorentinanew4.jpgfiorentinanew5.jpgfiorentinanew6.jpg

You are right, we are really only top team not doing anything. Something has to be done very soon... I expect news about this in 2022.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/19274482/Chelsea-stamford-bridge-stadium-rebuild-todd-boehly/

Chelsea'S new owner Todd Boehly and consortium investors are to sensationally REBUILD Stamford Bridge one stand at a time.

SunSport has been told that the new owners plan a staged rebuild of the Bridge, with the stands replaced and upgraded one by one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have not seen any solid links aside from The Mail and Mirror saying that the new stadium might be at Earl's Court. How would game attending fans feel about a large stadium at Earl's Court or a small to medium stadium at Stamford Bridge?

1 minute ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I have not seen any solid links aside from The Mail and Mirror saying that the new stadium might be at Earl's Court. How would game attending fans feel about a large stadium at Earl's Court or a small to medium stadium at Stamford Bridge?

One hundred percent in favour but I know I'm in the minority on this.