• Replies 65.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

He was recently the manager of Swindon, got them promoted and was doing well this season until the owner sold one of their best players so he left.

Here's a quote - "I am a fascist, not a racist. I give the straight arm salute because it is a salute from a 'camerata' [comrade] to 'camerati'. The salute is aimed at my people. With the straight arm I don't want to incite violence and certainly not racial hatred." - Di Canio reacts to his infamous salute in a derby win over Roma.

"I think he [Mussolini] was a deeply misunderstood individual. He deceived people. His actions were often vile. But all this was motivated by a higher purpose. He was basically a very principled individual. Yet he turned against his sense of right and wrong. He compromised his ethics."

I have no time for fascists and those who sentimentalize brutal dictators. Yes, Hitler built highways and Mussolini made the trains run on time so we'll just ignore the other stuff, right? Mussolini didn't betray his principles. Fascism is just inherently a terrible system. You can't give a Nazi salute and pretend it's some benign symbol of comradeship. It's a baffling appointment by Sunderland. Yes, your political views are your own but if you are a public figure and you hold what most people consider reprehensible political views, it's going to be a big deal. I hope Sunderland go down and we help them on their way on Sunday.

I have no time for fascists and those who sentimentalize brutal dictators. Yes, Hitler built highways and Mussolini made the trains run on time so we'll just ignore the other stuff, right? Mussolini didn't betray his principles. Fascism is just inherently a terrible system. You can't give a Nazi salute and pretend it's some benign symbol of comradeship. It's a baffling appointment by Sunderland. Yes, your political views are your own but if you are a public figure and you hold what most people consider reprehensible political views, it's going to be a big deal. I hope Sunderland go down and we help them on their way on Sunday.

I disagree. People's political views, unless they directly incite violence should never ruin their lives or affect their job prospects. If they do, people are limited to the very narrow spectrum of 'liberal respectability.' Even if the majority consider Fascism, Nationalism, Communism or increasingly Conservatism offensive and act to prevent those who subscribe to such beliefs from ever achieving what they want in life, it is a genuine attack on freedom of thought. De Canio has never once said he plans to promote or even mention fascism within this Country. Denying people a job on what they think or believe politically is no different to denying someone a job based on what religion they choose to think or believe is right.

I disagree. People's political views, unless they directly incite violence should never ruin their lives or affect their job prospects. If they do, people are limited to the very narrow spectrum of 'liberal respectability.' Even if the majority consider Fascism, Nationalism, Communism or increasingly Conservatism offensive and act to prevent those who subscribe to such beliefs from ever achieving what they want in life, it is a genuine attack on freedom of thought. De Canio has never once said he plans to promote or even mention fascism within this Country. Denying people a job on what they think or believe politically is no different to denying someone a job based on what religion they choose to think or believe is right.

It has nothing to do with an attack on freedom of thought. If he had kept his ignorant opinions to himself, no one would know or care what he believed. It is an attack on his actions and words, his fascist salutes, his ludicrous whitewashing of Mussolini, and so on. If you are a public figure, you are going to be held accountable for what you say and do. You can think what you want, you can't act like a jackass and then be upset when it comes back to bite you. (And denying someone work based on political beliefs is completely different than religious beliefs. "I won't hire a Muslim" does not equal "I won't hire a Neo-Nazi". One is rightly illegal and immoral and the other is not.

It has nothing to do with an attack on freedom of thought. If he had kept his ignorant opinions to himself, no one would know or care what he believed. It is an attack on his actions and words, his fascist salutes, his ludicrous whitewashing of Mussolini, and so on. If you are a public figure, you are going to be held accountable for what you say and do. You can think what you want, you can't act like a jackass and then be upset when it comes back to bite you. (And denying someone work based on political beliefs is completely different than religious beliefs. "I won't hire a Muslim" does not equal "I won't hire a Neo-Nazi". One is rightly illegal and immoral and the other is not.

People shouldn't have to keep their opinions to themselves in my opinion, no matter how distasteful or downright nasty they might be, which Di Canio's undoubtedly are. Were getting to a stage where people are only allowed to venture a minute distance, be it left or right from the centre ground before they are isolated and stigmatized as an 'extremist.' I don't think its right for official, non political employers or organisations (such as a football club,) to base their appointments on the political beliefs of candidates. If he insists on promoting his opinions and this affects his ability to carry out his role or discriminates against those he works with then fine. But if not I just don't think its right.

Bale's injury could be a huge thing in the top 4 race

More than the lost of Bale, the psychological impact will be huge!

Spurs without Bale are not favourites to top4 anymore...

Surprised that stretcher could carry the weight of the entire Spurs team

In other news, Valdes wants to come to England. Lets hope he goes to Le Arse- they could do with another shite keeper

http://www.rtve.es/deportes/20130405/valdes-quiero-retos-gusta-premier/631400.shtml

Tottenham: 57p + 13p = 70p

Everton - 3p

Chelsea - 0p

Man City - 1p

Wigan - 3p

Southampton - 3p

Stoke - 0p

Sunderland - 3p

Chelsea: 55p + 15p = 70p

Sunderland - 3p

Tottenham - 3p

Fulham - 1p

Liverpool - 0p

Swansea - 3p

Man Utd - 1p

Aston Villa - 3p

Everton - 1p

Arsenal: 53p + 15p = 68p

West Brom - 1p

Norwich - 3p

Everton - 1p

Fulham - 3p

Man Utd - 0p

QPR - 3p

Wigan - 3p

Newcastle - 1p

TOTAL: I am being realistic, so I do think we will finish top4!

Tottenham: 57p + 13p = 70p

Everton - 3p

Chelsea - 0p

Man City - 1p

Wigan - 3p

Southampton - 3p

Stoke - 0p

Sunderland - 3p

Chelsea: 55p + 15p = 70p

Sunderland - 3p

Tottenham - 3p

Fulham - 1p

Liverpool - 0p

Swansea - 3p

Man Utd - 1p

Aston Villa - 3p

Everton - 1p

Arsenal: 53p + 15p = 68p

West Brom - 1p

Norwich - 3p

Everton - 1p

Fulham - 3p

Man Utd - 0p

QPR - 3p

Wigan - 3p

Newcastle - 1p

TOTAL: I am being realistic, so I do think we will finish top4!

Very reasonable prediction, agree. Hopefully we can grind out that 3rd spot.

There's no way Bale will be back in 2 weeks, or 3 or 4, definitely not back at 100% and comfortable. Just look at that foot. If he comes back too quick, his foot will get so fucked he'll be out for ages. So basically let's hope they rush him back. Desperate, shit, one man team. I'm guessing we could end up playing Tottenham just before the final game, it's gonna be so huge.

To laugh at the Spurs because of their current injuries, I find it a bit peculiar, to say the least. Perhaps, they just might perform even better, who knows ?

I assume, today we are rooting for West Bromwich & Lukaku. Hopefully, they can beat Le Arsens today.