The English Football Thread

Steve

I bloody can't stand the prick Rosicky...

Fucking Arsenal - won at Swansea and now WBA, places where I thought they would struggle. Damn.

they did struggle. but both times they got away with it. this is like last season all over again. Lucky Arsenal scrape wins

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

We wouldn't even be in this situation now had we now threw away those 2-0 leads against Southamptona and Reading to begin with! :rant:

Anyway, needless to say we need to win tomorrow and hope Everton get a result against Spurs. Would be good to drag them down right into this mess!

I can't see us finishing above Arsenal now. Arsenal winning at both Swansea and WBA and us dropping three points to Southampton means we'll fighting for 4th spot with Tottenham, imo.

Arsenal will be playing 2 relegation threatening teams in Wigan(H), QPR(a). They finish at Newcastle which could be tricky as well.
We only play Villa who will be in relegation scrap. Could work in our favor!!

Arsenal will be playing 2 relegation threatening teams in Wigan(H), QPR(a). They finish at Newcastle which could be tricky as well.
We only play Villa who will be in relegation scrap. Could work in our favor!!

QPR are rubbish. Wigan are unpredictable and given Arsenal are at home for that one, expecting them to win it.

And yes, while we only play Villa, we still need to go to Anfield and Old Trafford.

QPR are rubbish. Wigan are unpredictable and given Arsenal are at home for that one, expecting them to win it.

And yes, while we only play Villa, we still need to go to Anfield and Old Trafford.

I actually expect QPR to get some points of Arsenal. Arsenal are also yet to play united.

Old Trafford doesn't concern me that much TBH. Having played them thrice this season , we dominated about 200 mins in those matches. I am expecting a win at OT. Liverpool haven't really played well against top teams and they are a classic case of hit and miss, i think we can knick that one too.

More than that, a win against Spuds will seal the deal for me!

I actually expect QPR to get some points of Arsenal. Arsenal are also yet to play united.

Old Trafford doesn't concern me that much TBH. Having played them thrice this season , we dominated about 200 mins in those matches. I am expecting a win at OT. Liverpool haven't really played well against top teams and they are a classic case of hit and miss, i think we can knick that one too.

We've played well against ManU, but you have to remember that it's been ManU-B we've been playing well against with us using our top squads. We beat them 1-0 at Stamford Bridge where we had our starting XI and they had no Rooney, no Kagawa, no Van Persie, and no Vidic. We beat them 5-4 when they had Buttner and Wooten as their CB pairing. It will be a tougher test.

That is more of hope than expectation. And you're kinda looking at those games with a blue tinted glass. Just because we dominated United this season doesn't mean we'll get the better of them again later. As for Liverpool, while you said is true there but like you also said, they are a bit of hit and miss. They could easily click on the day we play them and our record at Anfield isn't exactly great either, especially against Liverpool in recent encounters.

We've played well against ManU, but you have to remember that it's been ManU-B we've been playing well against with us using our top squads. We beat them 1-0 at Stamford Bridge where we had our starting XI and they had no Rooney, no Kagawa, no Van Persie, and no Vidic. We beat them 5-4 when they had Buttner and Wooten as their CB pairing. It will be a tougher test.

For the 1-0 at the Bridge Van Persie was in bad form anyways. Vidic only started playing half way through the season. Rooney was dropped vs Madrid and Kagawa isn't a regular. Remember the 3-2? Completely outplayed them.

We can beat them if ManU don't get lucky or win because of a series of refereeing errors. All the games we've played against them we've been on the driving seat pretty much controlling the game. We might Play at OT but we will dominate the game, the chances and the possession.

We did far too many silly mistakes which is why we've landed ourselves in 5th place now! It's time we rectify them! KTBFFH!