The English Football Thread

Steve

1 minute ago, ZaynChelsea said:

It‘s so satisfying to watch the Arsenal fans suffer. Their pain is my satisfaction.

Happy for Jose btw.

Im def not happy for him since they are seen as a threat now, besides its spurs he is managing, they can go spit.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 minute ago, NikkiCFC said:

From Spurs POV that is fine considering they did not won shit.

They may/will get the short term joy but we all know that kind of football won't go anywhere in the long term. Moreover, Kane and Son are seriously outperforming their numbers this season. If they slow down or suddenly get injured, then they will be fucked. 

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I am big fan of this tactics! We played it a lot with Jose. When we won title in his second term here after Swansea 0:5 in mid January we were barely watchable next 4 months and we won it.

That's the thing though, it's one thing convincing world class player's to play like this when a major title is on the line, getting them to commit their entire prime to it is another matter entirely.

I was conflicted going into this. On the one hand I wanted Arse to win to bring Spuds and Mou back down a peg. On the other hand I wanted Spuds to humiliate Arse because AFTV will be perhaps the best ever later tonight.

If this continues I guess we'll get the latter. A legendary AFTV night.

Arteta was crowned as the best young manager in Europe just a few months into the job last season. Whilst playing dreadful, park the bus and sucker punch football and getting flukey results against big teams.

Now he looks in way over his head and I hear none of those idiot journalists saying anything...

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I was conflicted going into this. On the one hand I wanted Arse to win to bring Spuds and Mou back down a peg. On the other hand I wanted Spuds to humiliate Arse because AFTV will be perhaps the best ever later tonight.

If this continues I guess we'll get the latter. A legendary AFTV night.

I'd rather Arsenal win this than Spurs. Arsenal will still go nowhere even they win this while a Spurs win will still keep them top and inflate Mourinho's ego even further. And we need someone to drop out of the Top 4!

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

I'd rather Arsenal win this than Spurs. Arsenal will still go nowhere even they win this while a Spurs win will still keep them top and inflate Mourinho's ego even further. And we need someone to drop out of the Top 4!

Yeah. Spuds sadly look like the real deal. Only an injury to Kane can derail their chances. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

+1 I was really hoping that Arsenal would atleast draw against spurs but doesn't look like that is going to happen. Mourinho would have instructed Spuds to defend for their life to hold on to this 2 goal lead.

If Spurs are allowed to be on top I fear Mourinho will park the bus against big teams and crush smaller teams to maintain their position at top!