The English Football Thread

Steve

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am I going overboard or exaggerating if I say, despite having defenders as bad as ours or worse, Arteta has managed to make Arsenal more defensively solid and (somewhat?) consistent in less time than Lampard has with us? There are still individual mistakes within that Arsenal side of course but they seem to have a proper defensive shape compared to us. On top of that, they also seem more capable of "hanging in there" in games as opposed to just collapse without fail like last time.

we also looked defensively solid, better than Arsenal today IMO, vs City when we could park the bus. It is way easier for the defenders to look like heros when there is another deefender behind you to cover when the ball gets past you. they lost vs Spurs, brighton and obviously when city spanked them just after the restart so we should all stay on the floor here. We have lost fewer games since the restart. Give us Emy Martinez as gk and i think we would not have lost vs Westham and maybe not vs SU

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

14 minutes ago, Jason said:

Am I going overboard or exaggerating if I say, despite having defenders as bad as ours or worse, Arteta has managed to make Arsenal more defensively solid and (somewhat?) consistent in less time than Lampard has with us? There are still individual mistakes within that Arsenal side of course but they seem to have a proper defensive shape compared to us. On top of that, they also seem more capable of "hanging in there" in games as opposed to just collapse without fail like last time.

no, I already said last week that he, AT this point (can change) is a better manager so far than Lamps

look at the SHIT he has to work with in those CB's and some of his MF

and he still has them far better at defence than we are atm

26 games, 15 wins, 6 draws, 5 losses, massively reduced goals against

if that was a full season EPL rate, it means 75 points over 38 games

6db4a63f3017b9d78eca5e42416d51f5.png

53 minutes ago, Vesper said:

they have a great (potentially) young, huge, fast CB coming back from loan, Saliba, so need another CB badly (actually two IMHO)

they now appear to have two solid keepers

as long as they hold onto them , they are  fucking loaded at striker

these are the POSSIBLE dregs and/or troublemakers they can (not saying all will go at all) liquidate

(no, I am not putting Luiz in here, they need to keep him, for all his faults, on this I have changed my mind,as they simply cannot buy 3 more CB's in one window)

Sokratis    
Calum Chambers 
Shkodran Mustafi   
Rob Holding
Lucas Torreira   asshole
Mattéo Guendouzi   double asshole
Mesut Özil  triple asshole, biggest huge money waste in football, even Bale and Alexis (Conte has him laying well now) offer more to a team

the need to keep Ceballos, he has become a vital player

they are fine at fullback and at winger

they need the 2 CB's already mentioned

and then to replace that MF trash so a DMF, a CMF, and an AMF

so 5 players to buy

as that would leave them with 5 CB's (Saliba, the 2 new ones, Luiz and Mari) , even after selling all 4 of Sokratis, Calum Chambers, Shkodran Mustafi, and Rob Holding

that is not at all undoable as long as they sell all those 7 dregs and trouble makers (it is only 7, and other than Özil  (huge salary, insane salary) all are easy to sell, even in a COVID market)

They usually don't have big budget but they don't need one imo. Saw them being linked with Upamecano and Thomas. And Coutinho on loan maybe. So 40m for first two each. And loan fee for Coutinho. They can cover this easily with sales. 

Plus they have Laca and so many talented guys like Saka and Martinelli. 

lineup.png

On 18/07/2020 at 10:34 PM, NikkiCFC said:

Yes. And French CB is coming. Partey close and maybe Coutinho. 

that leaves 2 CB's and a CMF to go (after selling the 7 trash I listed)

2 out of these CB's (so many to chose from, Arteta needs to sort out what he wants)

bold are ones I think would be good for him

Lukas Klostermann 
Dan-Axel Zagadou    
Rúben Dias   
Ozan Kabak 
Nico Elvedi  
Matthias Ginter    

Boubacar Kamara    
Merih Demiral   
Iñigo Martínez   
Stefan Savic  
Nikola Milenkovic  

Yeray Álvarez   
Jules Koundé    
Marash Kumbulla   
Evan N'Dicka    

Tyrone Mings  
Edmond Tapsoba    
Manuel Akanji    
Mario Hermoso    
Diego Llorente    
Duje Caleta-Car  
Gabriel Magalhães 

Luiz Felipe    
Pau Torres  
Malang Sarr    

Unai Núñez   
Joachim Andersen    
Lewis Dunk 
Ferro   
Zinho Vanheusden 

Jan Bednarek    
Mohammed Salisu    

John Egan    

CMF (one of these)

Houssem Aouar  
Fabián Ruiz    
Nicolò Barella
Bruno Guimarães    
Konrad Laimer    
Corentin Tolisso    
Adrien Rabiot     
Weston McKennie    
Franck Kessié    
Jeff Reine-Adélaïde

Florian Neuhaus
Mauro Arambarri   
Nemanja Maksimovic  
Bryan Cristante   
Remo Freuler    
Matías Vecino    
Maximilian Eggestein  
Roberto Gagliardini   
Manu Trigueros  
Eljif Elmas

They usually don't have big budget but they don't need one imo. Saw them being linked with Upamecano and Thomas. And Coutinho on loan maybe. So 40m for first two each. And loan fee for Coutinho. They can cover this easily with sales. 
lineup.png.73dc2e357c9032b0b6e7f41801f22e31.png
Upamecano already said that he is not leaving because he is not ready yet

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

lineup.png

they still really need to get 2, not just one CB's and I so wonder if Arteta wants to actually play 3 at the back anyway

Luiz can ONLY function as the middle CB in a back 3, so as log as he is the main option, they are stuck

Dayot is damn expensive, I listed many others up  above that could come in for less cash (most, not all)

that said, of course they would LOVE Dayot to be one of the two, he slots in so well

and they need a CMF too, that rat fucker thug Mattéo Guendouzi is gone I think, Arteta hates him (he is one of the seven I listed to sell, and he will be in huge demand) the bloke is poison, and it is a damn shame as he has massive talent, but is horrid person and burnt bridges that are even worse than the now redeemed Xhaka, but who knows, maybe they can all sort him out

Aouar there, under Arteta, worries me a shedload

they have 7 players to sell who would garner at least £150m or so

they are getting there, they have a lot to work with with Tierney looks a baller

far easier to diagnose and fix Arse than Spuds, at least for me

Arsenal flop Matteo Guendouzi heading for exit door after FA Cup semi-final snub and could be lined up for sensational Barcelona swap deal with Philippe Coutinho

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8537327/Arsenal-flop-Matteo-Guendouzi-heading-Barcelona-swap-Coutinho.html

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

they still really need to get 2, not just one CB's and I so wonder if Arteta wants to actually play 3 at the back anyway

Luiz can ONLY function as the middle CB in a back 3, so as log as he is the main option, they are stuck

Dayot is damn expensive, I listed many others up  above that could come in for less cash (most, not all)

that said, of course they would LOVE Dayot to be one of the two, he slots in so well

and they need a CMF too, that rat fucker thug Mattéo Guendouzi is gone I think, Arteta hates him (he is one of the seven I listed to sell, and he will be in huge demand) the bloke is poison, and it is a damn shame as he has massive talent, but is horrid person and burnt bridges that are even worse than the now redeemed Xhaka, but who knows, maybe they can all sort him out

Aouar there, under Arteta, worries me a shedload

they have 7 players to sell who would garner at least £150m or so

they are getting there, they have a lot to work with with Tierney looks a baller

far easier to diagnose and fix Arse than Spuds, at least for me

Arsenal flop Matteo Guendouzi heading for exit door after FA Cup semi-final snub and could be lined up for sensational Barcelona swap deal with Philippe Coutinho

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8537327/Arsenal-flop-Matteo-Guendouzi-heading-Barcelona-swap-Coutinho.html

Despite him playing for Arsenal I am delighted he has shaken off the injury issues at the start of the season and beginning to cement himself as one of the top fullbacks in his age bracket.

Having seen him make it through from a kid at Celtic to playing there, for Scotland and now looking very comfortable at Arsenal, it is exciting to see how far he can go. He has huge talent and his mentality and leadership which was developed at Celtic is the sort all top top players have and any young player should aspire to have. He is almost an old school footballer in that sense. Trains hard, plays hard, a real man in comparison to some of these other modern day youngsters.

He will turn out a real bargain if he can keep going on top of what hes done with Arteta. He is a player with so much experience and leadership skills for such a young age and you can see he is becoming more influential at Arsenal now as well in that regard imo. His workrate is also fantastic as it has always been.

If Guendouzi had this mentality and work ethic he would be a great player for them too. But he has been slowly walking down the wrong path since Arteta walked in there. 

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

we also looked defensively solid, better than Arsenal today IMO, vs City when we could park the bus. It is way easier for the defenders to look like heros when there is another deefender behind you to cover when the ball gets past you. they lost vs Spurs, brighton and obviously when city spanked them just after the restart so we should all stay on the floor here. We have lost fewer games since the restart. Give us Emy Martinez as gk and i think we would not have lost vs Westham and maybe not vs SU

Though we've only lost one game less then they have after the restart..as it stands. Next week fixtures hopefully won't change that but we've still lost more games then they have on a whole. They've just drawn a lot.

Problem we have is City was the onl game we did look really solid. West Ham..Palace..Sheffield especially been all over the place. 

11 hours ago, killer1257 said:

Upamecano already said that he is not leaving because he is not ready yet

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

But he did not extend his contract yet. Less then a year left.

35m euros max.

But I do not rate him for Chelsea.

City is always under the radar.

Look at all this talk about Kepa or when other top teams make big/record signing.

Last summer they bought Rodri and Cancelo two most expensive signings for 63.6m and 60m pounds and nobody speaks about them.

One is clearly not handling the pace of PL very well and the other is always on the bench.

In general, nobody gives a fuck about City... Small club...