The English Football Thread

Steve

15 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yes but funny how he has better numbers in the PL than in Portuguese league. Actually he started scoring regularly just last season and is already 29 soon. If you want similar player but much younger and cheaper I think Mitrovic is the guy. 

bid issue with Mitrović is he hardy been a beast at EPL level

Championship yes

but not in the EPL so far

I am not saying he cannot be a decent EPL striker, but sure would love to get him in on  loan first

• Replies 65k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

SMS is obviously the top Serbian player atm (for all his faults) but if I could snap my fingers (if offered the option) and swap out Barkley for Filip Kostic, I would do it in a heartbeat. I think he is a great and unsung player.

6 minutes ago, Vesper said:

SMS is obviously the top Serbian player atm (for all his faults) but if I could snap my fingers (if offered the option) and swap out Barkley for Filip Kostic, I would do it in a heartbeat. I think he is a great and unsung player.

Ironically SMS and Jovic are not in starting 11 for NT most of the time :lol: but we always had weird coaches... 

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ironically SMS and Jovic are not in starting 11 for NT most of the time :lol: but we always had weird coaches... 

this lad looks like he might be a star some day

Filip Stevanović 

OGC Nice wants him pretty badly

9ee846356f027ae82595c5eacb40255c.png

Stevanović tajanstven po pitanju interesovanja Nice: Čuo sam da je stigla ponuda

https://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sport.294.html:841978-Stevanovic-tajanstven-po-pitanju-interesovanja-Nice-Cuo-sam-da-je-stigla-ponuda

13 minutes ago, Vesper said:

bid issue with Mitrović is he hardy been a beast at EPL level

Championship yes

but not in the EPL so far

I am not saying he cannot be a decent EPL striker, but sure would love to get him in on  loan first

21 goals in the PL in 5500 minutes. Basically averages one goal in three games while playing for relegated teams only is solid. Not for top teams of course but could easily be first striker for someone like Palace or Burnley. Definitely better than Batshuayi. 

7 minutes ago, Vesper said:

this lad looks like he might be a star some day

Filip Stevanović 

OGC Nice wants him pretty badly

9ee846356f027ae82595c5eacb40255c.png

Stevanović tajanstven po pitanju interesovanja Nice: Čuo sam da je stigla ponuda

https://www.novosti.rs/vesti/sport.294.html:841978-Stevanovic-tajanstven-po-pitanju-interesovanja-Nice-Cuo-sam-da-je-stigla-ponuda

Yeah I heard he's going for around €15m. Pavlovic already sold to Monaco for around €10m.

4 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

21 goals in the PL in 5500 minutes. Basically averages one goal in three games while playing for relegated teams only is solid. Not for top teams of course but could easily be first striker for someone like Palace or Burnley. Definitely better than Batshuayi. 

way better than Bats

I agree

I think he is an interesting option

deffo am not saying NO at all

we could (and may well, lol) do far worse

On 1/20/2020 at 3:14 PM, milka said:

Really ? :ph34r:

Where is this team :

403da733-5747-4da7-b01d-8b72340e78fb.jpg

Or This :

Chelsea-2010.jpg

Fuckk offf ..

Should be Chelsea 2004 instead of city realy...and pool has to win the title first before they compare it with the rest.

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Won't Bayern and Juve win another league title in a row? 

It's an issue across Europe tbh.

Bayern I dont know but Inter in with a good shout imo.....amazing what Conte has done so fast with that squad, he really is an amazing coach and one I wish would have worked out for us.

Bayern I dont know but Inter in with a good shout imo.....amazing what Conte has done so fast with that squad, he really is an amazing coach and one I wish would have worked out for us.
I don't think he's done anything revolutionary. Failed to get out a rather average CL group despite having fate in their own hands and still seem a way off Juve IMO.

If Lazio can keep the momentum going, I think they would be a better shout to make things interesting.
I have a feeling that Bayern will not win (RB Leipzig for me) but Juve will
That would be something. Nagelsmann's stock would be through the roof if that happened.

Just now, LAM09 said:

I don't think he's done anything revolutionary. Failed to get out a rather average CL group despite having fate in their own hands and still seem a way off Juve IMO.

If Lazio can keep the momentum going, I think they would be a better shout to make things interesting.
That would be something. Nagelsmann's stock would be through the roof if that happened.

Nagelsmann was my first choice by far after it became apparent Cone was leaving

Nagelsmann was my first choice by far after it became apparent Cone was leaving
There'd have been even more uproar about inexperience had he joined. Not to mention, we would have probably sacked him the moment things went sideways.

25 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

When you consider how utterly shit they have been for ages then imo he has revitalized them....there were a non entity and look at the now. Average Group stage? It was anything but average.

When you consider how utterly shit they have been for ages then imo he has revitalized them....there were a non entity and look at the now. Average Group stage? It was anything but average.
They qualified for CL in the last two seasons. He's made them more competitive with the help of funds (€100m+ along with players like Sanchez still on a hefty wage). You have to take everything into consideration.

They failed to beat Slavia Prague at home & lost to a Barca B side that had nothing to play for. C'mon on.