• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

it's the start of the scouse collapse...

omg!

that would be worth every shit transfer we have done in the past 20 years

the city of Liverpool would commit mass suicide (the red part), LOLOLOLOL

:drunk:

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Was never going to be an upset today, Tranmere had 120 minutes on Thursday night against Watford and United put out a strong side (compared to what you usually see from a big side against these type of opponents).

The pitch was in terrible condition, so I thought maybe that could have been Tranmere's "equalizer" or "weapon" against United to cause a shock or maybe I just believed too much into the pre-match buildup hype. :lol: But really though, how the hell do a team allow 3 of the opposition's 4 defenders to score?!

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Speaking of which, I'm rather surprised Klopp hasn't gone a bit stronger than usual, with such a big lead at the top they could do with some do or die match practice before the CL kicks off.

You say as if Liverpool aren't used to the knockout stages of European competitions. Klopp doesn't really seem to bother about the League Cup or FA Cup (he has never gone past R4 in the latter). Has always fielded a weak side and now, he's gotta a replay to deal with...

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

The pitch was in terrible condition, so I thought maybe that could have been Tranmere's "equalizer" or "weapon" against United to cause a shock or maybe I just believed too much into the pre-match buildup hype. :lol: But really though, how the hell do a team allow 3 of the opposition's 4 defenders to score?!

You say as if Liverpool aren't used to the knockout stages of European competitions. Klopp doesn't really seem to bother about the League Cup or FA Cup (he has never gone past R4 in the latter). Has always fielded a weak side and now, he's gotta a replay to deal with...

Its not about being use to it but they will lack the same sheer sharpness they had last year when every single match was crucial. I know people will say it may be good they can rest players for the league but if it was that straight forward Bayern and PSG would have been sharing the trophy between them ever since we won it. Out of all the English finalist's in CL era, all of them went to minimum the penultimate weekend of the season with either the title or top 4 at stake.

Liverpool can afford what six slip ups and still be top in the league, to go from that much room for error to being thrust back into a situation where as much as one minor mistake can be fatal is a lot more difficult mentally than people acknowledge.

Just now, Tomo said:

Its not about being use to it but they will lack the same sheer sharpness they had last year when every single match was crucial. I know people will say it may be good they can rest players for the league but if it was that straight forward Bayern and PSG would have been sharing the trophy between them ever since we won it. Out of all the English finalist's in CL era, all of them went to minimum the penultimate weekend of the season with either the title or top 4 at stake.

Liverpool can afford what six slip ups and still be top in the league, to go from that much room for error to being thrust back into a situation where as much as one minor mistake can be fatal is a huge difference mentally.

But it's not like Liverpool have been winning 4-0, 5-0 etc in every game. They have been winning but most of the games have been pretty close and I don't even think Liverpool are showing the lack of competitiveness or sharpness like PSG do in Ligue 1. Otherwise they wouldn't have dropped just 2 points all season! Besides, Liverpool have a game coming up in midweek. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

But it's not like Liverpool have been winning 4-0, 5-0 etc in every game. They have been winning but most of the games have been pretty close and I don't even think Liverpool are showing the lack of competitiveness or sharpness like PSG do in Ligue 1. Otherwise they wouldn't have dropped just 2 points all season! Besides, Liverpool have a game coming up in midweek. 

Maybe not but whether subconsciously or not there still won't be that intense pressure if they're drawing 1-1 to lose a lead from 16 to 14 points than there would be if they were losing to Atletico with 20 minutes to go, all of a sudden they're thrust into a situation they haven't been in for yonks whereas Leti are currently in am every point matters situation domestically.

4 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Maybe not but whether subconsciously or not there still won't be that intense pressure if they're drawing 1-1 to lose a lead from 16 to 14 points than there would be if they were losing to Atletico with 20 minutes to go, all of a sudden they're thrust into a situation they haven't been in for yonks whereas Leti are currently in am every point matters situation domestically.

But it's not like Liverpool have been defending every game and not done any attacking, is it? They have played lots of games this season, have a few injuries - notably to Mane. Why risk your first team players in a cup game, on a potentially poor pitch when the CL is just a few weeks away? With the way they have been operating, Klopp does seem to have instill the mentality into them where they can just do both sides of the game comfortably. 

They will likely beat Atletico because they are simply better than Atletico right now. Atletico may be fighting for every result at the moment but they haven't been playing great and have struggled to score goals all season. 

18 minutes ago, Nicco said:

I wonder how delusional must United fans be to think they will get 3 figures for Pogba, guy is a 60-70 mil player in this market, nobody will pay more than that for him not even Real or Juventus.

and you know I have to chirp up with my usual, lololol

he turns 28 next season

so whoever buys him only gets 2 full sub 30yo seasons out of him

I would say he has 3, maybe 4 (lean towards 4 IF he stays healthy) full peak years left

Manure are insane to think they will get £150m

50 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Just clicked back to the first page of this thread by mistake  You and me both on it 2226 pages back, 13 years ago :D

on my 15th birthday

ihihihih

:drunk: