The English Football Thread

Steve

just give the title to the victims already, City are going to bottle this for sure, wow what a contrast from last season, i guess the Pool drought was bound to end at some point. Just dont let the scousers go all season unbeaten ffs. What pisses me off is our stupid inability to beat the minnows, otherwise we would be right up there challenging, only if we had a proper board and quality players. Sigh...

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

11 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Leicester 2 City 1...

City don't allow Pool to clinch this fucking title...

A couple weeks ago Pep made a stupid statement. He said they needed absolutely no additions to the team. They have 3 clear weaknesses. No backup for Fernandinho, no true LB with Mendy out, and no decent 3rd CB.

Fernandinho is out injured now. De Bruyne is rusty, and David Silva is out injured as well. They paying the price.

1 minute ago, eemanyooel said:

I can't believe how shit City has become...Their performance has really nosedived... Delph red carded....

Greatest PL team ever my ass. On par with Benitez's Pool at best

They don't have the sort of leaders great Chelsea, United and Arsenal teams had

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

just give the title to the victims already, City are going to bottle this for sure, wow what a contrast from last season, i guess the Pool drought was bound to end at some point. Just dont let the scousers go all season unbeaten ffs. What pisses me off is our stupid inability to beat the minnows, otherwise we would be right up there challenging, only if we had a proper board and quality players. Sigh...

Still a long season to go...yeah they are actually stronger this season...but things changes really quickly in the game of football...

1 minute ago, !Hazard! said:

Greatest PL team my ass. On par with Benitez's Pool at best

What beffudles me the most is how arrogant their fans players and even Pep feels they can just play any team over the park and bamboozle them....

Tbh Liverpool deserves it far more. 

Klopp actualy made that team better, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum who were below average, are now doing well. Firmino, Salah and Mane werent world beaters but they are super interesting to watch now. He actualy persisted with bunch of average/decent players and made them top class.

Pep on the other hand just bought entire team and then some more to have superstar bench. Still doesnt know two fucks about plan b. 

That said those loserpool is our rival and I want them to suffer, but credit where its due.

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

A couple weeks ago Pep made a stupid statement. He said they needed absolutely no additions to the team. They have 3 clear weaknesses. No backup for Fernandinho, no true LB with Mendy out, and no decent 3rd CB.

Fernandinho is out injured now. De Bruyne is rusty, and David Silva is out injured as well. They paying the price.

Poor them. How about fucking work out with what you have instead of just buying left and right?

Its funny how people jump on Pep dick, best team my ass. Like I said since he left Barca, he is overrated coach. Gets shitload of cash and still loses to any good team in CL or PL (Pool, Chelsea)

He will be eliminated again this season.

That said Im surprised he lost to palace and leicester because his main strenght was flat track bullying and those two defeats were not expected.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh Liverpool deserves it far more. 

Klopp actualy made that team better, Milner, Henderson, Wijnaldum who were below average, are now doing well. Firmino, Salah and Mane werent world beaters but they are super interesting to watch now. He actualy persisted with bunch of average/decent players and made them top class.

Pep on the other hand just bought entire team and then some more to have superstar bench. Still doesnt know two fucks about plan b. 

That said those loserpool is our rival and I want them to suffer, but credit where its due.

I'm the opposite. 

Can't stand seeing Pep get all this glory, for like you said, a bought team. 

He has come in and done nothing a bunch of other managers couldn't with this team. Sorry, but not overly impressed given the praise he gets. For some reason, he continues to get it despite having the most expensive team ever. City's second team is about on par with our first team. 

Liverpool for as miserable as they are at least have earned their way there. City is a bunch of BS that the media is loving every bit of because that wank Pep is there. 

3 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

Pool is smelling blood, they adressed all their main problems in the transfer market: ( GK and Defense )

They still are not complete. I am sure they add another LW eventually and maybe an AMF and another striker (they are looking at Werner, which I cannot see happening). That is the scary part. AND they are doing this with Gomez (and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain) out!

5 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Poor them. How about fucking work out with what you have instead of just buying left and right?

Its funny how people jump on Pep dick, best team my ass. Like I said since he left Barca, he is overrated coach. Gets shitload of cash and still loses to any good team in CL or PL (Pool, Chelsea)

He will be eliminated again this season.

That said Im surprised he lost to palace and leicester because his main strenght was flat track bullying and those two defeats were not expected.

Fernandinho is a clear key to that team and Pep's whole style as a whole. They are insane to rely on a soon-to-be 34yo with zero back-up/replacement.

I truly have to believe they make a move for the DH DMF's I have listed for them repeatedly in the past:

I also absolutely think they make a move for Firpo or Chilwell or José Gayà or Alex Telles (those 4 are who we so need to grab one of as well), as they are getting killed at LB with Mendy out.

Ricardo ripped them up today (as I predicted, he is turning into a WC RB, he was always near the top of my buy list there, and Leicester stole him)