The English Football Thread

Steve

2 hours ago, communicate said:

Not surprised with united big win. It is very simple pick by solkjaer, play my best player in their best position and just play. 

I have a really bad feeling they are going to go on a tear now:(

2 of (I do admit they were the last of of the 12 players I would dump off that team in a complete cleanout) the MF'ers I picked to sell may turn themselves around

Ander Herrera and Andreas Pereira

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

I have a really bad feeling they are going to go on a tear now:(

2 of (I do admit they were the last of of the 12 players I would dump off that team in a complete cleanout) the MF'ers I picked to sell may turn themselves around

Ander Herrera and Andreas Pereira

They will go on a tear due to motivation to prove Mou wrong and because they have really good player. It is that simple. 

This United has title contender squad quality, better than us. 

20 minutes ago, communicate said:

They will go on a tear due to motivation to prove Mou wrong and because they have really good player. It is that simple. 

This United has title contender squad quality, better than us. 

Not till they fix massive holes

at 

CB (so fucked)

AMF (weak)

RW (pretty fucked)

and flat track bully boy DonkeyLu starts banging them in again

It wont happen, BUT if we added

CF Haller or Jovic,

RW Pepe 

LB Firpo

we are better than all but top 2  (Shitty and Victimpool) and miles beyond Manure

Man U cannot go THAT far due to horrid CB situ and poor winger play other than Martial

plus Lukaku slump

though, unlike Morata and Giroud, he will pull out of it 

there is no way I would trade teams with Manure, especially if Hazard didnt have a cocked-up contract issue

we have (well now it is bit more fucked as contracts are running out) almost 2/3rds of a bloody billion quid in expendable players to sell

and massively remake our club back to a CL winning side

Manure has nowhere near that much that can be raised by slashing their deadweight

Only players I truly covet of theirs is Martial (for our CF) and Pogba (I dont care what the haters say, he is a fucking badass player) and MAYBE maybe Fred (to replace Kovacic if he went back this summer to Real, although there are MANY other MFers I would take before Fred, it is just he is far from shit is all I am saying)

the rest can go sod off

4 hours ago, communicate said:

Not surprised with united big win. It is very simple pick by solkjaer, play my best player in their best position and just play. 

Players want fucking shooting the toss pots, totally proved they downed tools for JM and despite who they are that is fucking not on ay any level.

It happens but it disgusts me.

Great read.....

Slavisa Jokanovic eager for return to management just 5 weeks after Fulham sack

EXCLUSIVE: Jokanovic on what went wrong at Fulham, having a rare Christmas off with his family and more

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/slavisa-jokanovic-eager-return-management-13761147

8 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Players want fucking shooting the toss pots, totally proved they downed tools for JM and despite who they are that is fucking not on ay any level.

Yep. Ours have done it enouhj times. Hopefully won't be happening anytime soon. Just so disrespectful. No excuse. Don't want to play for manager do it for the fans who turn up week in week out. 

23 minutes ago, Laylabelle said:

Yep. Ours have done it enouhj times. Hopefully won't be happening anytime soon. Just so disrespectful. No excuse. Don't want to play for manager do it for the fans who turn up week in week out. 

You dont think there was some of that going on for the first 4 months of this year?

9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Problem is, why does it keep happening to Jose? It's a similar song at Real, Chelsea and now United and he's the only common factor all three times. I don't think it's downing tools per se (in my opinion thats an overhyped cliche to hide managerial failings) i think he mentally ruined most of his squad to the point it was affecting their personal lives aswell as professional ones. 

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Problem is, why does it keep happening to Jose? It's a similar song at Real, Chelsea and now United and he's the only common factor all three times. I don't think it's downing tools per se (in my opinion thats an overhyped cliche to hide managerial failings) i think he mentally ruined most of his squad to the point it was affecting their personal lives aswell as professional ones. 

Jose is the most common one, Conte was the past example and there was a few before those.

If people doesn't think player power exists they are stupid.

9 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Jose is the most common one, Conte was the past example and there was a few before those.

If people doesn't think player power exists they are stupid.

There is player power, that is obvious. SAF was the only manager that is bigger than players, he can basically sack the whole squad without anybody asking question. 

For me, it is the manager job to make the player to play for him. I think you can sense how loved klopp in pool and how loved Poch in spurs. Manager job is not just tactic but also managing 25 young millionaire to play well together. 

I may not like it but it is the reality. 

What happened to football on Christmas Day? The lost history of a Victorian tradition

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/what-happened-football-christmas-day-lost-history-a-victorian-tradition

Football was once as much of a Christmas Day staple as the Queen's Speech and pigs in blankets – but was it all festive fun or just a freezing farce? Paul Brown dons his silly hat...

manchester-snow-main_0_0.jpg?itok=BuXmLls_&c=b5573862cced0966947d6647769b4219

For football fans, the Christmas period serves up a real festive feast, with fixtures stuffed into the calendar like sage and onion into a turkey’s nether regions. Christmas Day, however, is a football-free zone, with supporters left to sit indoors and endure the Queen’s speech, cracker jokes and kisses from elderly relatives.

This wasn’t always the case, though – up until the 1950s, football was traditionally played on Christmas Day. 

This made a lot of sense, particularly in the early years. Christmas Day was a rare public holiday, and football was one of the few entertainments available. In the days before television, it wasn’t possible to slump on the sofa in front of the EastEnders Christmas special, so folk wrapped up in new hats and scarves from Santa Claus and went out to watch football instead. There would be a full programme of fixtures on Christmas Day and, usually, another full programme on Boxing Day. In the Victorian era, when many of the festive traditions we enjoy today were introduced, football was very much a part of Christmas. 

TWO DAYS, THREE GAMES

In 1888, Everton played two matches on Christmas Day, then another on Boxing Day. All three matches took place at Everton’s pre-Goodison home – Anfield. On Christmas morning they played a Lancashire Cup tie against Blackburn Park Road, coming from behind to win 3-2. Then in the afternoon they played an annual exhibition match against Ulster FC, winning 3-0, with goalkeeper Charles Jolliffe scoring the third goal to the great amusement of the 2,000 spectators – a large crowd for the time. The Boxing Day match against Bootle was less amusing, being played in a shower of hailstones, and ending as a goalless draw.

The first Football League match to be played on Christmas Day was Preston North End versus Aston Villa in 1889. Preston’s 'Invincibles' were the reigning league champions, but Villa had won the previous meeting between England’s top two sides. This was a real Christmas cracker and 9,000 spectators postponed their turkey dinners to see it, making it one of the highest-attended games the fledgling league had seen.

Man of the match was Preston’s Nick Ross, the fearsome defender-turned-forward who terrified opponents by hissing at them through a crooked set of rotten teeth. Ross gave Preston an early lead, but Villa hit back with two goals before half-time. In the second half, Ross hit a long-range equaliser and then claimed his hat-trick with a “lightning shot”. A hard-fought game ended 3-2 to Preston, who went on to win the league for the second season running.

slide-tackle-snow.jpg?itok=lbIZTN6v

snip