• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's the AWAY record. They lost at the Bridge.

Oh just noticed it's only the Away matches. That's indeed pretty poor, the match against United even worse, considering they had all the momentum and were coming with like 5 wins in a row in away matches before this one.

3 hours ago, different level said:

You have to wonder what happened to the Everton team. They were aggressive in the summer transfer market, got some decent signings and right now they look like a genuine relegation battlers. Sure they sold their best striker, but I'm still surprised to see them struggle that much.  

They signed three guys who play the same position.  Klassen, Rooney and Sigurdsson are all No.10's.  

Now the team has no width and they have no center forward. 

3 hours ago, different level said:

You have to wonder what happened to the Everton team. They were aggressive in the summer transfer market, got some decent signings and right now they look like a genuine relegation battlers. Sure they sold their best striker, but I'm still surprised to see them struggle that much.  

The only decent players they signed are Sigurdsson, Pickford and Keane while the rest just average/bad. Plus, when you have Williams, Jagielka and Baines in your backline, you can't really expect much.

4 hours ago, Pizy said:

If Kane stays fit for the entire remainder of the season I think they could legitimately win the league (if City come back down to earth, I guess.) No chance at winning the CL. 

They finished third in a 2 horse race with Leicester. :)  Spurs won't be winning the league anytime soon. 

It'll be interesting to see whether their players start leaving due to lack of trophies.  Aldeweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen and Kane could all be playing at a higher level..

2 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

They finished third in a 2 horse race with Leicester. :)  Spurs won't be winning the league anytime soon. 

It'll be interesting to see whether their players start leaving due to lack of trophies.  Aldeweireld, Vertonghen, Eriksen and Kane could all be playing at a higher level..

Gotta wonder what their players feel about Pochettino dismissing the League Cup and FA Cup. They aren't big trophies like Premier League or Champions League but they are still trophies and all of them haven't won anything in their career. Pretty sure they would have liked to win some of those.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

Gotta wonder what their players feel about Pochettino dismissing the League Cup and FA Cup. They aren't big trophies like Premier League or Champions League but they are still trophies and all of them haven't won anything in their career. Pretty sure they would have liked to win some of those.

It's honestly funny how Poch always dismisses the cup competitions.  Winning any trophy (apart from the community shield/friendly cup) helps grow a mentality in the first team squad.

It won't be long before certain players take the Danny Rose line of thinking about wages...

8 hours ago, different level said:

They don't replace Lukaku. I hear Giroud was their no 1 target but they guy prefer to live in London 

8 hours ago, Georgy said:

Oh just noticed it's only the Away matches. That's indeed pretty poor, the match against United even worse, considering they had all the momentum and were coming with like 5 wins in a row in away matches before this one.

Guess Spurs will always be Spurs. Similar to when they played us earlier this season. They had all the momentum but couldn't find a way to beat us and ended up losing.

6 hours ago, Reddish-Blue said:

It's honestly funny how Poch always dismisses the cup competitions.  Winning any trophy (apart from the community shield/friendly cup) helps grow a mentality in the first team squad.

It won't be long before certain players take the Danny Rose line of thinking about wages...

Precisely. Even a serial winner like Mourinho tends to go for these trophies. It's almost as if Pochettino is afraid to face the added pressure, risk, burden etc in the latter stages of cup competitions. And it's also funny that he has facilitated a book about his coaching methods, him building a team etc when he hasn't even won anything to back up those good work.

5 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Mourinho having a go at the OT crowd now....This is the point where he starts to lose the plot again, second season syndrome kicking in.

Second season he is supposed to be at his best and win the league. You are refering to the 3rd season syndrome.

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Precisely. Even a serial winner like Mourinho tends to go for these trophies.

Mourinho has won 4 Mickey Mouse cups, and only one FA cup in England, seems like he's taking the competition seriously because nobody else does, and he knows he'll have no problem winning it with the squad at his disposal and by that adding an easy trophy to his list. I mean, his other teams managed to win the cups of their respective countries only once...

1 hour ago, Miki-Liki said:

Mourinho has won 4 Mickey Mouse cups, and only one FA cup in England, seems like he's taking the competition seriously because nobody else does, and he knows he'll have no problem winning it with the squad at his disposal and by that adding an easy trophy to his list. I mean, his other teams managed to win the cups of their respective countries only once...

It's too simplistic to say he takes the League Cup seriously because no one else does. He could have easily ignored it like many others have done and are doing but it's still a trophy to be won and he sees the value of winning a trophy. It breeds a winning mentality and let's not forget it was the trophy that acted as a springboard for us in 2005 to more success. And for some reason, it's a point that seems to be going over Pochettino's head.

Man City are taking ages to reach a CL final. How many years after Roman's takeover did we reach our first? 5? Then won it in the 9th year I think?

How many years has it been since City's takeover...I think we're about to enter the 10th year. A decade of all that oil money and no CL final.

They'll always play better football than us in this modern era, and always have more consistency I presume, but never will they match what we've done. I say this with the presumption that this season is their best shot at winning it - Bayern are ordinary, Barcelona aren't very good, Madrid aren't very good, Juventus & Napoli aren't threats at this moment in time, and then neither are we/Roma/Atletico. If they don't win it this season, it's a huge failure for Pep.