The English Football Thread

Steve

The difference between them and us is that they can actually cross so when teams park the bus they manage to break it almost every game. Rooney banging 20 average a season helped a lot and now when they have RVP...you get the point.

Us on the other side have a problem of breaking down teams who defend. Our crosses are useless and when there's a good one, only 1 player is there...I'm really hoping Torres will have a good season

spot on, mate...

the pressure they build when they fall behind is only through the crosses. it's almost just "set-piece pressure" where they dump the ball into the box and win a corner and keep the pressure going. we have no genuine crosser in the team and even when a cross gets in, no one to pressurise the defenders. moreover, manu have valencia on the right and young on the left who are brilliant crossers of the ball and even Paul Scholes in the middle whose long balls are played like tracer bullets.

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

spot on, mate...

the pressure they build when they fall behind is only through the crosses. it's almost just "set-piece pressure" where they dump the ball into the box and win a corner and keep the pressure going. we have no genuine crosser in the team and even when a cross gets in, no one to pressurise the defenders. moreover, manu have valencia on the right and young on the left who are brilliant crossers of the ball and even Paul Scholes in the middle whose long balls are played like tracer bullets.

Hopefully Moses is the answer to that problem. As you say, we have no one who an challenge for the header, apart from Torres, Lamps, Terry, Cahill/Luiz.

Whats Azpi like in the air?

I have to say Wenger is out of this world!

Call me a goonie fan, but I don't know how Wenger does it.

Time after time, he's team gets rip apart yet he manages to stay in top 4.

I really think if Wenger had the money that managers like Mourinho and currently RDM have at their disposal, we might have seen a completely ownaged from that team!

What happened to you?.

I really think if Wenger had the money that managers like Mourinho and currently RDM have at their disposal, we might have seen a completely ownaged from that team!

I agree with you here.Wenger would have made Arsenal into a formidable side had he had the money.Players like Hazard,Mata,Martinez etc would have transformed Arsenal into a real powerhouse.One could only imagine how successful PSG would go one to become if they get Wenger as their manager.

True is an achievment in the past..but who knows about this season

True is an achievment in the past..but who knows about this season

What I am find very hilarious is the fact that le arse just scored for the first time this season & beat a bottom of the table side, now they can win the league ;) I will continue to laugh @ le arse & their failure to win anything. If you like to watch financial figures, then le arse is the side for you. If you like to see a team take a risk & actually win something, the CFC is the side for you.

Exactly and so many times in the past they have been right in the race..got to February and suddenly randomly turn to crap...its good about getting a top finish all that time but when you think about where they were atone stage that season.Not so good.Last season somehow they managed not to turn to crap for a change but still.And we are still yet to see this amazing side that we were told about in 2006 to expect big things from...think only Theo remains or him and a tiny few.

I remember People here getting pissed at Borini being sold. But he was shit for us under Ancelotti. He missed couple of one on ones against the opposition GK in CC games. He got more chances than Sturridge as Sturridge was injured and fell behind the pecking order. But he didnt capitalize.

He did ok at Swansea and in Italy. But he isnt the same player here

anyone getting a laugh @ Di Canio & his subs??? Its hilarious. I told the mejia that he has his reasons & he didn't need to give explanations. "Its League One", was his quotes...funny ass shit

"He was one of the worst players I have ever seen. He's another player like the others, why can't we change the goalkeeper? Because the goalkeeper has a different coloured shirt?

"I know my players, I know Wes - he was the worst player against Stoke in the cup in midweek - he was far away the worst player, he made a rubbish performance. But I covered for him because we won 4-3.

"What he did was not only the mistake, which can happen to anyone, but the arrogance when he started moaning to the other players - that was the worst thing for me.

"A player that doesn't recognise his mistakes which were clear from miles away, he started moaning to his team-mates. Out there he behaved as the worst professional, arrogant, ignorant athlete I have ever seen.

"I don't want any argument from the fans. And if he doesn't come out and apologise to the fans, to the professionals in general, he is out from my team."

Fun rant..

"He was one of the worst players I have ever seen. He's another player like the others, why can't we change the goalkeeper? Because the goalkeeper has a different coloured shirt?

"I know my players, I know Wes - he was the worst player against Stoke in the cup in midweek - he was far away the worst player, he made a rubbish performance. But I covered for him because we won 4-3.

"What he did was not only the mistake, which can happen to anyone, but the arrogance when he started moaning to the other players - that was the worst thing for me.

"A player that doesn't recognise his mistakes which were clear from miles away, he started moaning to his team-mates. Out there he behaved as the worst professional, arrogant, ignorant athlete I have ever seen.

"I don't want any argument from the fans. And if he doesn't come out and apologise to the fans, to the professionals in general, he is out from my team."

Fun rant..

You forgot the comparison to him & Mourinho ;) "no one questioned him?"