The English Football Thread

Steve

Southampton are going to be ripped apart this summer.

Shaw, Lallana, their manager...

Only a matter of time before Rodriguez and their other good players are picked off too.

• Replies 65.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

He also spends almost recklessly and then leave said club to go bankrupt or in severe financial trouble. As a motivator he's brilliant, even man management could be classed astute. But tactically he's anything but inept afaic, he's good for getting teams promoted but so is Nigel Adkins, Chris Houghton, Sam Allerdyce and Ian Holloway..

He really didnt have anything to do with their finances. I think his tactics are brilliant actually, bringing on Zamora the other day. Genuis.

We will all agree to disagree

Pochettino is a weird appointment. He was hardly setting Southampton alight, i really thought they could pick someone a bit better or might as well just have kept Tim. I look forward to many more fascinating press conferences. <_<

He really didnt have anything to do with their finances. I think his tactics are brilliant actually, bringing on Zamora the other day. Genuis.

Pochettino is a weird appointment. He was hardly setting Southampton alight, i really thought they could pick someone a bit better or might as well just have kept Tim. I look forward to many more fascinating press conferences. <_<

Yeah course, each to their own!

Haha I have a long standing theory his translator is the real brains behind pochettino's success :P

Yeah course, each to their own!

Haha I have a long standing theory his translator is the real brains behind pochettino's success :P

haha, i completely agree. They always have like an American voice dubbed over him on Sky Sports, sometimes i forget thats not his voice. :D

Sherwood was an idiot, some off his lineup's were the most jaw dropping thing's i have ever seen. Poch got Southampton 8th, basically the best off the rest, as good as he was going to do with them.
Sherwood and Moyes both gone, gutting.

Sherwood was an idiot, some off his lineup's were the most jaw dropping thing's i have ever seen. Poch got Southampton 8th, basically the best off the rest, as good as he was going to do with them.
Sherwood and Moyes both gone, gutting.

Pretty much anyone Spuds got was going to be an improvement. Sherwood makes Poch look like Rinus Michels.

It's just that this transfer is very similar to when they signed Carrol, Henderson, Downing...etc. Imagine Rickir Lambert coming up against Madrid or Bayern in the CL :lol:

Firstly you cant compare 4m to 35m or 22m spent on Henderson or Caroll. Secondly, Rickie Lambert isn't being bought to be a main team player. He'd be a 4th striker, behind Suarez, Sturridge and Borini. I for one, think this is idiotic move on Lambert.

Manchester City FCVerified account @MCFC

DEDRYCK BOYATA: Defender signs new two year contract with the club http://manc.it/1wm4IID #mcfc

Well, it's a little surprising.

He's homegrown and has some use. Last time I checked, roughly a few months ago, Citeh was getting painted into a corner in regard to the homegrown rules.

He's homegrown and has some use. Last time I checked, roughly a few months ago, Citeh was getting painted into a corner in regard to the homegrown rules.

That's the thing that burns me about the comparisons with us and City. At least our core and captains were always English players after the takeover. Even or foreign players were very passionate about the club once they got here. Unlike a certain African midfielder at City.