The English Football Thread

Steve

Giggs has retired too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27470554

Cunt of a man, but one of the best players in English football history. A stalwart of the Premier League and one of the stars of football when I was growing up. His longevity is astounding too and it'll be kinda weird not seeing him on the pitch.

Him and Zanetti going at the same time. :o

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Giggs has retired too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27470554

Cunt of a man, but one of the best players in English football history. A stalwart of the Premier League and one of the stars of football when I was growing up. His longevity is astounding too and it'll be kinda weird not seeing him on the pitch.

Him and Zanetti going at the same time. :o

963 Games and 34 trophies all with one club. Incredible!

Van Gaal is a fantastic appointment for United, he's a really, really good manager. Ask Jose and Pep - who both owe a lot of their managerial experience to him. Some call him the father of Jose and Pep in Holland.

Another character for English football too. As abrasive as Mourinho (maybe even worse), so they'll love him.

United + Van Gaal + that huge war chest they'll probably have this summer... 100% another challenger we have for the PL title now. A difficult one too.

Expect a revitalised RVP too.

Gaal here or there. Nothing to worry about. If he applies his rough treatment with players, manures like Rooney might not perform for him. To say, Gaal & his Manures are going to challenge for the PL title is too premature, in my opinion.

How many top players do we know who want to play for a team out of the CL? Now, let´s be honest here.

I went on redcafe and they all think Rooney will be the odd man out, which makes no sense because they just gave him the world with the new contract.....

TBF, I think Mata get's benched or sold and LVG brings in a dutchman/german on the wings.

Bayern fan's aren't that fond of LVG....

Luca Toni-

“Van Gaal wanted to make clear to us that he can drop any player from the team. It was all the same to him because, as he said, he had the balls. He demonstrated this literally by dropping his pants. I have never experienced anything like it, it was totally crazy. Luckily I didn’t see a lot, because I wasn’t in the front row.”

I went on redcafe and they all think Rooney will be the odd man out, which makes no sense because they just gave him the world with the new contract.....

TBF, I think Mata get's benched or sold and LVG brings in a dutchman/german on the wings.

I'm not so sure. Rooney can play a couple positions, but isn't the best at any. And now that he won't be captain, he's fucked lol.

van Gaal is a very strong manager. I think the biggest challenge for him is the "battle of the dressing room". He is surely more capable than Moyes who was pathetic at it.

Also makes MU interesting again as a top team and thus the whole league, and the obvious contenders will be 5 next season (at least at the beginning).

All and all good news for the league, seemingly slightly bad news for us and the others.

Think that's bad?

Try living with 3 Arsenal fans!

If you have football loving friends it's fun.

Well, Arsenal ... a little bizarre maybe.

But it's the opposite type who are jerks.

I 'm sick and tired of people who are lecturing me to go to classical music theatre.

The anti-footies are the types who whenever a new tax is imposed they say to you "groovy, now pay-pay-pay".