Blues to face Man United in Champions League

Tomo

After our win against them a few weeks back they know we have the beating of them and that was when we weren't playing that well.

We are only now beginning to show our early season form and if any Manure fan is optimistic about facing us then they need their fooking heads looked at.

There's no easy draws at this stage, but I'm happy we get another English side for several reasons.

1 - We dont have to travel to the arsehole of nowhere (Shaktar) when we are still in with a slim chance of regaining the title.

2 - We know exactly what we're up against.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

United already have a HUGE advantage with the 2nd leg being at old trafford though.

We had the same advantage last year but we lost in both legs. I'm not saying that we will beat Manure in both, but if we manage to get a comfortable win at home, things will be much easier at OT.

You already know Terry will be man of the match for both legs.

United already have a HUGE advantage with the 2nd leg being at old trafford though.

Not really imo.

We done the double over them last season, we've already beaten them this season and the last time we lost to them was over two years ago.

Along with Barca......we were the one side they didn't want to get.

Playing the second leg away is not a big problem IMO.

Remember that we didin't qualify against Monaco, Barcelona and Inter, after playing the second leg home and had a lot of emotions against Liverpool.

Not the easiest or the best of draws, but we have a great opportunity to:

1. Have our revenge for the defeat in Moscow

2. Have our revenge against Inter who knocked us last year

3. Have our revenge against Barcelona in the Wembley final, for knocking us out unfairly in 2009

If we win it the way I mentioned, it would be the sweetest way to lift the trophy - by knocking out all of the teams that have made life hell for us in the past recent years.

And it doesn't matter that the first leg is at the Bridge, the away goal rule still applies the same. Remember Inter played all of their first leg games at home last season (against us, CSKA and Barca) and they won in all of the home games and then got through and won it all.

This year is our year definitely. COME ON YOU BLUES

All of my years of sorrow will be avenged if all that happened!! I see United as a really difficult tie however, and I feel we won't get past them without real fighting spirit. It's also really unfortunate the 1st leg is at Stamford Bridge, because the last three times the 1st leg was at home, we've gone out:

2004: Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal --- Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

2005: Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool --- Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea

2006: Chelsea 1-2 Barcelona --- Barcelona 1-1 Chelsea

2007: Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool --- Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea (Liverpool won on pens)

Inter are vulnerable this season without the reign of Mourinho! They conceded 3 against Spurs at home, they lost to Spurs at 3 point lane, they lost to Bayern Munich at home, but they only relied on a last-minute goal from Pandev to get them through! Schalke will be tough opposition for them I reckon.

As for Barcelona, if Arsenal can beat them in England, then so can we! :eyebrows:

Edited by CJ Revo

Is Ovrebo still eligible to ref the CL games? UEFA will do anything possible to prevent us from winning it. Expect some surprise like Webb being the main ref :D

There is a press conference with Carlo about to start. He will surely be asked about Man United, although I expect him to ignore it and focus on Man City instead, which would be the right thing.

Övrebö retired

Here is what RedCafe is saying

Shite.
Crap they have United's numbernervous.gif

Very worried, worst team to get after Barca.

The draw I did not want at all.

Worst draw we could have had after Barca.

In fact Chelsea are just getting back into form or will get into and we are terrible against them most of the times. Have a pretty poor record against them.

I am not really sure of winning here. Chelsea would be clear favorites imo.

We need Rio and Vidic back together asap.

^ I've just had a look on red cafe, and you've been very selective with the ones you picked out. :rolleyes:

Apart from a few, most of them see this as a win. They are banging on about how they have the 'home advantage' in the second leg.

Not really, Alot of posts are saying that Chelsea will go through, I'd say more posts about Chelsea to go through than United.

I feel very confident about this. Our recent record against Manchester United - home and away - is nothing short of brilliant, and I believe that man-for-man, our starting eleven is stronger than theirs.

Plus we've only lost two of our thirteen games against English opposition in the Champions League.

I can´t watch the first leg. I was hoping it would be on the Tuesday. Tried to convince myself it is just a game of football. Didn´t work.

Optimistic we can go through.

They will be lucky if they get 11 players togehter.

Bebe maybe making his CL debut for them ;)