Blues to face Man United in Champions League

Tomo

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bad. So far my post of why Chelsea can win the CL still holds.

This is Carlo to loose. A weaken united in defense, should take care of them. Have to improve from the last game against United. Torres and Drogba need to start polishing their boots. But hey i would not be amazed to be right again that i said i expected Torres to start being good by April. Just in the right time we need him! :)

Agree a good result at home will be vital.

The teams to go through are: REAL MADRID, CHELSEA, BARCELONA and INTER MILAN. note that all these teams have their first leg at home.

Hope happy days are coming.

Nice draw anyway. it doesnt matter if its first leg at SB or not. we just have to beat them. Carlo should be motivated now with his FANTASTIC MOMENT. lol

Absolutely terrible draw as far as I'm concerned.

Not surprising but I can't see why would anyone want a team of United's experience and sheer luck at this stage. We've got some time until the game and we better start creating chances from open play because we are not going to get any penalties against them in Europe, especially with them moaning about the last 3 league games between us.

Fucking UEFA..

We would do Schalke, Tottenham and Shakhtar. Altho Shakhtar are a very good team, i do believe we would edge past them. Arsenal did beat them 5-1 remember. Tottenham.... there's no way we'd let them KO us from Europe, no way. Schalke is by far the easiest draw.

For fucks sake Ollie, have you got a crystal ball or something ? Are we going to win the European cup this season ?

Not the easiest or the best of draws, but we have a great opportunity to:

1. Have our revenge for the defeat in Moscow

2. Have our revenge against Inter who knocked us last year

3. Have our revenge against Barcelona in the Wembley final, for knocking us out unfairly in 2009

If we win it the way I mentioned, it would be the sweetest way to lift the trophy - by knocking out all of the teams that have made life hell for us in the past recent years.

And it doesn't matter that the first leg is at the Bridge, the away goal rule still applies the same. Remember Inter played all of their first leg games at home last season (against us, CSKA and Barca) and they won in all of the home games and then got through and won it all.

This year is our year definitely. COME ON YOU BLUES

Is Ovrebo still eligible to ref the CL games? UEFA will do anything possible to prevent us from winning it. Expect some surprise like Webb being the main ref :D

There is a press conference with Carlo about to start. He will surely be asked about Man United, although I expect him to ignore it and focus on Man City instead, which would be the right thing.

Like Obama said : YES,WE CAN !

This is the time for revenge.First ManU,then Inter,and finally Barca.blue%20scalf.gif

Very important first match,but I don't think we can win it easily.We have to be at our best and we must not concede at the Bridge.

Chelsea 2:0 United

United 1:1 Chelsea