Blues to face Man United in Champions League

Tomo

^ I've just had a look on red cafe, and you've been very selective with the ones you picked out. :rolleyes:

Apart from a few, most of them see this as a win. They are banging on about how they have the 'home advantage' in the second leg.

Yeh on digi spy and places forums they seem confident. 'with the right ref' we can win this yada yada yada

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew the draw, dunno why u all waited to watch it lol i coulda told you. Uefa hates the English teams. They gave Barca a relative gimme, they have get rid of the yids, one of Man Utd or Chelsea has to go and Inter will stay because they give people a hard time so it clears the English lot from having 3 in the semi's. Quite amazed i got it right tho lol, ridiculous really. To be honest though, i think Schalke could knock Inter out.

That being said, we have an unbelievable chance of winning this this season. Man Utd aren't really a great side and have big injuries. Inter are no where near the team they were under Jose and a final against Barca or Real in a one off game, anything can happen. A real opportunity to create history. Definitely not a gimme or an easy game but i'd have us as favourites. We are historically excellent at old trafford. I'm actually more happy the 2nd leg is away, we're so nervous in 2nd leg home games (Liverpool, Inter, Fenerbahce, Barca).

BRING THIS ON!

The second leg of the semi-final against Inter/Schalke is only three days before the league game at Old Trafford Man United vs Chelsea. Who will go into this game more tired? :D I hope so much that we will travel to this league game physically really tired but mentally so so happy. And then we will beat United once again...

Man Utd are really pushing for the league, i hope Arsenal actually get some form so man utd can't take it easy. We should get 4th even if we lose 2 or 3 more, we should concentrate PURELY on this champions league now. Also we've had lots of rest time lately, even the copenhagen match was hardly a energy sapping game. We had blackpool killed off after an hour in our last league game. We also have a fully fit squad now

NO EXCUSES

Edited by OllieCFC

Bring on the Mancs! If we play the same as we did against them recently then we should be OK. Not going to be easy, need a sympathetic and fair Ref with no allegiance to the Mancs.

Only downside is the away leg will be another midweek game, so another all nighter if I go on the coach and the club don't do a train. I'm used to it, so will be prepared once again.

All of my years of sorrow will be avenged if all that happened!! I see United as a really difficult tie however, and I feel we won't get past them without real fighting spirit. It's also really unfortunate the 1st leg is at Stamford Bridge, because the last three times the 1st leg was at home, we've gone out:

2004: Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal --- Arsenal 1-2 Chelsea

2005: Chelsea 0-0 Liverpool --- Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea

2006: Chelsea 1-2 Barcelona --- Barcelona 1-1 Chelsea

2007: Chelsea 1-0 Liverpool --- Liverpool 1-0 Chelsea (Liverpool won on pens)

Inter are vulnerable this season without the reign of Mourinho! They conceded 3 against Spurs at home, they lost to Spurs at 3 point lane, they lost to Bayern Munich at home, but they only relied on a last-minute goal from Pandev to get them through! Schalke will be tough opposition for them I reckon.

As for Barcelona, if Arsenal can beat them in England, then so can we! :eyebrows:

You have forgot the Valencia game in 06/07 and the Jueventus game in 08/09 and the Bayern game in 04/05, so thats 4-3 on my reckoning beer.gif

Plus the only 2 times weve drew 1-1 during the 1st legs at home (against Le Arse and Valencia) we progressed with late killers in the away leg thumbsup.gif

ffs people the second leg being away is an advantage to us.

If things are level after 90 mins at the theater of shite, and the 180 minutes overall (score draw or goalless draw) things go to extra time where we get 30 mins to score an away goal. It's a massive advantage.

Let's think things through before proclaiming them to be better off with the draw. :rolleyes:

'If' or should i say WHEN we win this Quarter final start planning for May 28th as Schalke or Inter will be a mere walk in the park.Inter are no way the team they were last season under Jose and Schalke will be running scared.

Chelsea v Barca/Madrid final.I can feel it!

I'd much rather play Real Madrid than Barcelona in the final. I'm more scared of Barca's team play than Mourinho's mind games. Jose is not unbeatable, Benitez knocked him out of the CL twice, and so did Ferguson in 2009. I don't think that with Madrid he's as good as he was with Inter last season.

The only team that I'm scared of is Barca, and frankly speaking if we play them in the final I will not be optimistic at all about the game.