Wayne Rooney

J.F.

I don't think you guys understand the financial impact of 240k wages. That's 12.5 million a YEAR, and would make him more expensive than cavani since cavani allegedly agreed to wages that were 100k less a week than that.

Commercially, Rooney really has been in a league of his own over the last decade. He was the top-selling shirt for a while and had a ton of endorsements so things like image rights are worth a lot and that's sometimes factored into a player's wage. Ideally we'd be moving on Torres too.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sign Rooney, it should be a 2 year deal max because if he's going to do a Torres and even dare i say a Rooney of 2013 proportions, he needs to do one asap. If he hits it off and shows his old form, extend it.

I still think we will secure a top player soon, not sure who but I would assume it will be a forward and a midfielder and I think both Rooney and Suarez are within reach without doubt.

Seems like United won't sell to rivals like us.

Seems like Suarez want out of England.

Seems like we're stuck with Ladyboy, Ba is alright and we have our man Lukaku.

I don't think you guys understand the financial impact of 240k wages. That's 12.5 million a YEAR, and would make him more expensive than cavani since cavani allegedly agreed to wages that were 100k less a week than that.

I think we can all do the maths :) - oops sorry, math! :)

PSG and Monaco are flouting the very rules 'cuntface' created to give French clubs a chance, FFP is dead in the water as 'cuntface' now has homegrown problems to deal with - I bet we won't see any 'endorsements' anytime soon.

Rooney is commercially attractive, you could potentially offset 50% of that annual sum through sponsorship, shirt sales, merchandising etc, the transfer fee is amortised - so not all doom and gloom as you are painting ;)

We've got rid of a few players - 3-4 average players salaries = Rooney, I know what I'd rather have in the starting 11...

If this happens (unlikely) as 'old cuntface' would never have sold him, and Moyes won't want to start on the back foot!! - it will be great for CFC...

On reflection I may have over used 'cuntface' - but, can you ever really over-use that word? ;)

He just said he has spoken with Rooney on several occasions and nothing has changed, he is not for sale and he's been told that Rooney looks in the best shape for some time.

I just feel all this is very one sided, it's all generic from Moyes and United and deep down what does the player want? Is he folding his arms and saying "It's time for me to go" and United are papering over cracks, I really don't know but I'd love to hear how Rooney feels.

He just said he has spoken with Rooney on several occasions and nothing has changed, he is not for sale and he's been told that Rooney looks in the best shape for some time.

I just feel all this is very one sided, it's all generic from Moyes and United and deep down what does the player want? Is he folding his arms and saying "It's time for me to go" and United are papering over cracks, I really don't know but I'd love to hear how Rooney feels.

Agreed.

He's not an ideal buy. But I'd rather take him than yilmaz / benteke etc.

Cavani and Lewandowski would be the best options but looks like they are heading elsewhere.

"Chelsea confident of signing Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney - and are ready to sell Fernando Torres or Demba Ba if they are successful."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-confident-of-signing-manchester-united-striker-wayne-rooney--and-are-ready-to-sell-fernando-torres-or-demba-ba-if-they-are-successful-8701274.html

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You