Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe they are about to fall for the good old 'transfer request -> apology -> new contract with bigger wages' trick once again. I honestly thought he wanted to leave for footballing reasons this time around but guess not if he's now willing to sign an extension.

Fair play to Rooney though, not everyone has the balls to pull off a stunt like that even once, let alone twice. This kind of stuff really does reflect poorly on United because they're simply letting the world know Rooney is bigger than the club. If they let one player blackmail the club like that, what's stopping their other star players from doing the same whenever they think they deserve more money?

Can't believe they are about to fall for the good old 'transfer request -> apology -> new contract with bigger wages' trick once again. I honestly thought he wanted to leave for footballing reasons this time around but guess not if he's now willing to sign an extension.

Fair play to Rooney though, not everyone has the balls to pull off a stunt like that even once, let alone twice. This kind of stuff really does reflect poorly on United because they're simply letting the world know Rooney is bigger than the club. If they let one player blackmail the club like that, what's stopping their other star players from doing the same whenever they think they deserve more money?

To be fair..the only other 'star' player in terms of wages on United's team is Van Persie. If some other player tried to blackmail the club, they'd be sold.

I don't know whether Rooney is bigger than their club...but he never seemed likely to be sold.

Just imagine the fans reaction if Rooney was sold..particularly when you consider that Moyes has failed to land a single player in this transfer window....

Call me foolish, but I won't believe Rooney will not leave United till I see quotes. Either directly from him or from the United board.

The fact that Mou has showed his hand and wants the player so badly still gives me hope we can steal Wazza from Old Trafford. Eto will NOT be the answer to our forward problems. Its about time Lukaku is rewarded for his hard work.

Seems like Mourinho got played! :ph34r:

That's what i thought too but.... It's Jose Mourinho we are talking about.

I think there is more in this saga, maybe a camouflage by Mou? Keep in mind that this saga kept Moyes busy, he didnt sign any player(he signed one but not for the first team i think), he unsettled Rooney.

Mourinho is a smart guy and he knows what he is doing, he talked to the Media like he is 100% sure Rooney will sign with Chelsea but why? He knew that if Rooney doesn't sign he would look like a fool.

Conspiracy theory? NO! I read this saga as a Master-stroke from Jose, maybe people don't share the same opinion as me but that's why opinions exist.

See that Rooney shoot he took from 25yard? He could have just passed it to RVP for a safe goal but he took the shoot instead. WHY? He wanted to prove something and that wasn't the only shoot he took.

Maybe Jose WANTED to unsettle Rooney and Moyes and that's what he obviously got.

Or maybe.... He simple got played as Rmpr said.

Keep in mind, thats only my opinion and since i have spare time i thought i can draw something from this Saga that sounds bizzare one way but plausible the other way.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You