Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys our team doesnt have many world media known players nowdays. I doubt people in india or china realy know about Hazard or Azpi. Torres is joke, Lamps, Terry are getting old. Having star like Rooney will boost our recognition in several countries.

yeah so lets sign him because he is well known! we might as well sign Ronaldinho, Kaka, Del Piero, Henry and Beckham as well then!

yeah so lets sign him because he is well known! we might as well sign Ronaldinho, Kaka, Del Piero, Henry and Beckham as well then!

Not just because of that but also because of that along that he is english and actualy very good player. You are short minded mate.

I can't see Rooney moving abroad. He can't even speak English, so how the fuck would he learn French or German? He'd struggle with Cockney ffs.

Ffs Alex, here I was going to come and make some dench argument and you come out with that and throw me off :lol2: :lol:

That one "." post has more content than the majority of the ones against signing him :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Let's go at it again Leif! :lol:

--

Na, I do agree with most your points regarding Rooney's quality. I don't dare to suggest that he's still not a good player, but there's a difference between signing a good player because you need him and signing a good player for the sake of having him.

I think we're falling into the latter category because we simply don't need a player like Wayne. There are many teams that do require his versatility and his instincts to drop back into midfield to win the ball back. However we've got players doing that already, we've got central midfield players (albeit, not great ones) who do that role and give the ball to our more attacking players to kick start an attack.

What we need is disciplined striker & a disciplined central midfield player - not a hybrid of both. We'd have more problems with a hybrid of that because there would just be too many gaps with the way our team's shaped up. The most probing would be the lack of striker upfront when Rooney drops into midfield. That then leaves us with the same problem as before.

What I would love to see, wherever he goes, is a concerted effort from the guy to get in great shape. He can't do what Ashley Cole does in the off-season because of his body type, but if it was contractually stipulated that he get his ass in the best possible shape then it would do him a world of good.

People sometimes forget that he's spent about 9 years at United too. In that time he's been shifted around to accomodate other players to the extent that I think he just feels a little undervalued (which is insane for someone who earns so much, but it happens in all walks of life).

But there seems to be this myth about him that's built up over the years, and one that I've probably bought into as much as anyone. People seem to think he hasn't fulfilled his potential, yet he still has a fantastic record.

What we're looking at here is him approaching his second chapter. If he gets a fresh start then it's entirely up to him how he's remembered because he has so much talent, but he just has to apply it. I think everyone here supporting this deal is looking at the possibility of a rejuvenated, reinvigorated, in-shape Rooney arriving on a (relatively) bargain price. He's a fighter who doesn't disappear in big games and he'll have something to prove if United decide to sell him.

We might not buy him but would you want us to have to play against him if that happens?

I'm amazed people are discussing his footballing ability as a reason to not sign him. He won't be another Torres because his game is more rounded than the one trick pony Torres has been exposed as. The finance involved is a sticking point but hey, if the board are serious about this, we don't need to worry. They don't employ top accountants/lawyers for nothing.

What we need is disciplined striker & a disciplined central midfield player - not a hybrid of both. We'd have more problems with a hybrid of that because there would just be too many gaps with the way our team's shaped up. The most probing would be the lack of striker upfront when Rooney drops into midfield. That then leaves us with the same problem as before.

"He's played deeper this season" is no argument imo. It's not like he'll forget how to play as striker. Different club, different roles

"He's played deeper this season" is no argument imo. It's not like he'll forget how to play as striker. Different club, different roles

He learned how to play deep, why can't he relearn how to play high up?

I guess with regards to Rooney the question has to be, would you be happy with him being our big name striker signing this summer? Would he be the type of striker we need to take us up a level?

Pointless talking about him in any other position, the number 10 role Mata and Oscar are better and he is not going to play any deeper.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You