Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The expectations of him from england press, fans etc were like; this guy is future balon dor winner, he will lead england to world cup glory and such shit. Realy high expectations. Rooney had big potential but expectations were too high. He still did a massive career. He is superb player and personaly I dont like him like i like Lamps or drogba, but Rooney is fantastic player.

United fans dislike his loyalty and their expectations were sky high which ended in some dissapointment but still most of them think he is still their most creative current player. He leads their team they say. Rvp scores goals, but Rooney dictates their game.

Yes he is fat and ugly but he is still best english player of past decade and I dont know about you guys but for fuck sake I dont want chelsea without a single good english player in next few years. Rooney is getting in mature, prime years he has experience and could be our pitch leader once he gets settled and well with fans etc.

I don't think we need a classy english player to lead us at all. I'd rather have a foreigner who I can relate to and who actually is Chelsea to lead us than an English mercenary & cunt just for the sake of him being English. Terry & Lamps have been Chelsea's heart and soul because not they are English but because they have been loyal to the club and presented its values.

Btw. Lampard is the greatest english player of the past decade. has more goals and assists than Rooney, too.

I don't think we need a classy english player to lead us at all. I'd rather have a foreigner who I can relate to and who actually is Chelsea to lead us than an English mercenary & cunt just for the sake of him being English. Terry & Lamps have been Chelsea's heart and soul because not they are English but because they have been loyal to the club and presented its values.

Btw. Lampard is the greatest english player of the past decade. has more goals and assists than Rooney, too.

Potential wise not, but as a player who shows it on pitch definately.

how many players have we deemed surplus to requirements only to come back to haunt us? Plus united are insisting they do not want to sell, rooney is instigating this so hardly fair to say they deem him not good enough

I'd take the Rooney from 2-3 years ago in a heartbeat, but his form is clearly (and visually) dipping. My guess is that someone at United started the rumors the same way someone at Chelsea would talk about Torres leaving; extremely expensive players who are/have been surplus to requirements. It's more like wishful thinking as they are both going nowhere.

Wayne Rooney probably the most overrated player in history.

Horrible attitude, lethargic player, goes through really bad patches and isn't the goal scorer he once was.

Don't get me wrong... Yeah sure he has been injured and all and yeah scored 27 goals last season, despite 20 of them being bloody penalties, and sure he plays deeper now, but he really has lost that striker instinct in him. Which made him a threat when he was younger, he hasn't got that anymore. The thing about Rooney was is that he was under one of the best managers of all time, he could get the best out of him, you just watch this big baby now that Ferguson is gone, we wont see that Wayne Rooney again.

I wouldn't even dream paying 20 million for Rooney, I really don't get the fuss.

Wayne Rooney probably the most overrated player in history.

Horrible attitude, lethargic player, goes through really bad patches and isn't the goal scorer he once was.

Don't get me wrong... Yeah sure he has been injured and all and yeah scored 27 goals last season, despite 20 of them being bloody penalties, and sure he plays deeper now, but he really has lost that striker instinct in him. Which made him a threat when he was younger, he hasn't got that anymore. The thing about Rooney was is that he was under one of the best managers of all time, he could get the best out of him, you just watch this big baby now that Ferguson is gone, we wont see that Wayne Rooney again.

I wouldn't even dream paying 20 million for Rooney, I really don't get the fuss.

I now where you are coming from, but he doesn't look lethargic as he runs his socks off every game but he doesn't look right, does he? He just doesn't look like Rooney. He looks uncomfortable and awkward at times, methinks. He is a lot slower than he used to be and his dribbling is only half as good as it once was. He can still score like ye olde days, and his passing and overall technique is great but something seems off about him...

I now where you are coming from, but he doesn't look lethargic as he runs his socks off every game but he doesn't look right, does he? He just doesn't look like Rooney. He looks uncomfortable and awkward at times, methinks. He is a lot slower than he used to be and his dribbling is only half as good as it once was. He can still score like ye olde days, and his passing and overall technique is great but something seems off about him...

I don't think I've ever seen Rooney take on a player in years. And I probably went a bit too far but you get my point I just don't think pace is a big part of his game, he maybe strong mind but he's not so tall either and Rooney isn't exactly scoring about 6 headers per season now is he?

Not that it needs to be a part of his game I'm simply just pointing anything out about him despite all the negativity. Thirty million you see is just going way to far, no way is he worth that much and I don't see how he could add anything to our team either.

But anyway Spike If I don't see you in a week, I'll see you through a window

I don't think I've ever seen Rooney take on a player in years. And I probably went a bit too far but you get my point I just don't think pace is a big part of his game, he maybe strong mind but he's not so tall either and Rooney isn't exactly scoring about 6 headers per season now is he?

Not that it needs to be a part of his game I'm simply just pointing anything out about him despite all the negativity. Thirty million you see is just going way to far, no way is he worth that much and I don't see how he could add anything to our team either.

But anyway Spike If I don't see you in a week, I'll see you through a window

20Mill would be a great deal. Though to be honest I can't see where he is heading in his career. He is obviously very talented but I really can't tell where his future lies; Midfield? Forward? Goalkeeper? What is putting me off is that I don't know if Chelsea is buying a world class midfielder or forward with this man. He is built like a brick shit house and isn't afraid to tackle, pass and just generally stuck in, so even if the goals do dry up he can just be placed into CM...

What does that last line mean? Are you visiting Oz or something?

20Mill would be a great deal. Though to be honest I can't see where he is heading in his career. He is obviously very talented but I really can't tell where his future lies; Midfield? Forward? Goalkeeper? What is putting me off is that I don't know if Chelsea is buying a world class midfielder or forward with this man. He is built like a brick shit house and isn't afraid to tackle, pass and just generally stuck in, so even if the goals do dry up he can just be placed into CM...

What does that last line mean? Are you visiting Oz or something?

I really doubt his talent, I find him very overrated and he's frustrating too watch at times. I would much rather go for someone else rather than spending 20 million on him, but even that wont be the price.

And by the way if you don't know what VT stands for it stands for Video Tape.

I really doubt his talent, I find him very overrated and he's frustrating too watch at times. I would much rather go for someone else rather than spending 20 million on him, but even that wont be the price.

And by the way if you don't know what VT stands for it stands for Video Tape.

I know what the saying means in your other post, I just don't get the context.

It's the great australian celebrity Keith Lemon

Oh and Stingray gave me some weed

That was awful. Cringe worthy. This is the type of stuff we make fun of you Poms for. For starters it's almost impossible to actually buy Fosters in Australia. We stereotype ourselves better in our comedy shows... :doh:

That was awful. Cringe worthy. This is the type of stuff we make fun of you Poms for. For starters it's almost impossible to actually buy Fosters in Australia. We stereotype ourselves better in our comedy shows... :doh:

Oh come on man, Keith Lemon is a legend! Celebrity Juice is just the comedy the world is missing, the comedy which has no standards.

FFS how the fuck do you quote in the pub?

But anyway just for the sake of not going completely off topic, I expect this Wayne Rooney saga to blow over anyway, he's obviously just angry at the fact Sir Alex is leaving. He never had a great attitude, but he will probably make the big U-turn he did last time, like someone said I think it was Fulham Broadway, he said he will probably get a new contract.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You