Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I've always said from the beginning for weeks now that Wayne is exactly what we need, regardless of what happened against Real today simply because we don't have a striker of his ilk in the team.

Torres, Lukaku and Ba all find it difficult to hold the ball in tight spaces so their link up play isn't as good as what Rooney would bring to the table. Rooney's ability and intelligence in playing in between the lines is exactly why we need a striker like him as its more beneficial for the likes of Hazard or Mata when they do have that focal point who can bring them into play there. That in itself adds massively to our build up play - having a striker that's on the same wavelength as the three in behind him with his movement, first touch, technical ability etc; our current strikers don't really have those capabilities at this moment. Lukaku can still learn it but it's far too late for Ba and Torres.

I completely get why Mourinho wants him, even wanted him before Mourinho was officially unveiled as it makes perfect sense to me.

We could of gone after Jovetic and saved ourselves from this whole Rooney saga.

I just don't see Moyes agreeing to sell Rooney UNTIL he signs a big name player...and that player will most likely be Fellaini

We could of gone after Jovetic and saved ourselves from this whole Rooney saga.

I just don't see Moyes agreeing to sell Rooney UNTIL he signs a big name player...and that player will most likely be Fellaini

We could've, but the club must think that Rooney is attainable enough to ignore someone like Jovetic. I don't think the club would be putting all of their eggs in one basket if they didn't think Rooney was gettable.

Moyes has made it clear Rooney will not play for #MUFC again unless he either submits a transfer request or commits himself. (Mirror) #CFC

until the end of this month when he will play again for us or them because MU is not going to throw away £12m a year for nothing and risk losing out up to £20m for a crap 12 months of service from him.

Honestly I don't think it's a striker problem. The problem arises when we have to make a transition from defense to attack. The same problem we have been having for years now. Getting any sort of marquee striker won't solve our problems if he isn't getting anything to feed on. But yeah if Rooney can do something out of nothing then, maybe.

Spot on .... if the Real game showed anything it is this.

Wayne Rooney is 'unlikely' to play in the Community Shield

"I don't think he is going to be fit and available. Of course we are still hoping he will, but I have a feeling he won't make it," said Moyes.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/8860196/wayne-rooney-is-unlikely-to-play-in-the-community-shield-according-to-david-moyes

The silence from Rooney is deafening really. Totally different from what the whole Suarez saga has been, one vocal man that wants out and is basically sinking his own ship to Rooney who has said nothing. For me there is nothing left for Suarez to say, he'll go, with Rooney and the silence he could hand in a transfer request or come out any day and reveal his love for United.

It's a very strange situation with Rooney.

We have a chance to either let Hulk get angry and smash his opponents (Lukaku)

VS

Signing Captain America ( Rooney )

While signing captain america sounds like a sexy option, People only choose to see Hulk in his non angry form, and therefore dont rate his smashing ability when he is angry.

Lukaku needs the chance to get Angry, because thats the secret, "he's always angry"

It's incredible if u read the 1st page and see no one wants him and now everyone wants to sign him.

Desperation, also at the time the hate mainly come from a rivalry point of view. At Arsenal forum they are all dieing to see Suarez signed even though they bash him a lot during the racism and biting incidents.

The silence from Rooney is deafening really. Totally different from what the whole Suarez saga has been, one vocal man that wants out and is basically sinking his own ship to Rooney who has said nothing. For me there is nothing left for Suarez to say, he'll go, with Rooney and the silence he could hand in a transfer request or come out any day and reveal his love for United.

It's a very strange situation with Rooney.

I wonder if him coming out and being vocal before has made United put a clause in his contract that he can't do that again? Is that possible?...

I wonder if him coming out and being vocal before has made United put a clause in his contract that he can't do that again? Is that possible?...

Possibly mate, just find with Rooney being so quiet makes it hard for the United faithful to judge him, because he really has said or done nothing for him to be targeted.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You