Wayne Rooney

J.F.

if you watched the passing against ac milan to torres.

if lukaku was on the field then and got those passes. with the pace he's got it was 1v1 with the keeper.

lukaku is fast and strong, he's first touch was better against inter and AC milan but not top.

if he used his body in small spaces like he uses he's body to outrun the defenders then he would be my first choice

now he still has a lot to learn butt that will come in time

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes a good point but I don't get why ppl have so little faith in Lukaku. Sure he's only 20 but who says 20 year olds can't be good strikers when a 12 year old became a doctor! Regarding the stat Lukaku scored 5 more goals in PL than Rooney so who says he can't improve that tally now that this season he will play us who have better players than WBA.

I've got massive faith in Lukaku, but I think Rooney would be a good signing for us. If we get 5 seasons out of him then that's great and at the end of it Lukaku is 25 - one year younger than Drogba was when we signed him.

But Lukaku only started 5 times and played on the wing quite often. Rooney was injured and not fit last season, I think that is the only acceptable excuse for his mediocre year. Our bid to sign him is based on the believe that he will recover his form of 2010. This is not because the media or Abramovich believe it but because Mou believes it. That is the only assurance we got. We can trust it or not. So I think it is futile to try to vindicate his performances of late.

I'd take his 34 goals in 2012 too.

I've got massive faith in Lukaku, but I think Rooney would be a good signing for us. If we get 5 seasons out of him then that's great and at the end of it Lukaku is 25 - one year younger than Drogba was when we signed him.

I'd take his 34 goals in 2012 too.

Nah I just felt some ppl here doubted Lukaku dunno why. But yea 5 good seasons from Rooney would be perfect. My point was anyway not about Rooney but more about Lukaku.

See you. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

You know what's criminal ? Assault. Like say biting someone in the arm for no reason what so ever.

whatha.gif

Apparently you can't post "controversial" opinions on this forum without getting hit with ad hominems, off topic posts and silly gifs. Unfortunately everyone seem to be bigging up this sort of debating. <_<

Some counter arguments would be nice for a change. I guess it all boils down to people's dislike of Suárez so the only thing the can come up with is calling him a scumbag, racist, Dracula, cheat et cet. That's fine with me! Just say something like "Rooney is less value for money but I don't like Suárez personally so that's why I think Roon is a better deal". Simple civilised argument without going off topic.

[You know we have players too that many football fans dislike. I like Terry, Cole as Chelsea players. I try not to care too much about footballers' personal lives and as a long as a player doesn't intentionally ruin the team or injure other players, who am I to judge? (Yes biting Ivanovic was really stupid but Ivan has forgiven him so maybe we can move on from that incident for the time being?)]

Me personally I can admit a strong argument against signing Suárez would be that he would clearly divide the fanbase, much like Rafa Benitez did. Obviously it would have to be some very special circumstances for us to sign a player if it would mean risking a toxic atmosphere at the Bridge.

Before someone asks me why I'm so keen on Suárez... Ideally we would make do with the strikers we have at our disposal but since it has become clear that won't cut it with our fans nor our manager, and the only two realistic alternatives at the moment are Wayne and Luis, all I'm picking sides for who I believe is the better player and option. I'm vocal about it because I believe paying the money being touted for Wayne would be a mistake that's all.

oh and "don't like it, leave" "don't let the door hit you on your way out". saved some people their typing.

Apparently you can't post "controversial" opinions on this forum without getting hit with ad hominems, off topic posts and silly gifs. Unfortunately everyone seem to be bigging up this sort of debating. <_<

Some counter arguments would be nice for a change. I guess it all boils down to people's dislike of Suárez so the only thing the can come up with is calling him a scumbag, racist, Dracula, cheat et cet. You know we have players too that many football fans dislike. I like Terry, Cole as Chelsea players. I try not to care too much about footballers' personal lives and as a long as a player doesn't intentionally ruin the team or injure other players, who am I to judge? (Yes biting Ivanovic was really stupid but Ivan has forgiven him so maybe we can move on from that incident for the time being?)

That's fine with me! Just say something like "Rooney is less value for money but I don't like Suárez personally so that's why I think Roon is a better deal". Simple civilised argument without going off topic.

Me personally I can admit a strong argument against signing Suárez would be that he would clearly divide the fanbase, much like Rafa Benitez did. Obviously it would have to be some very special circumstances for us to sign a player if it would mean risking a toxic atmosphere at the Bridge.

Before someone asks me why I'm so keen on Suárez... Ideally we would make do with the strikers we have at our disposal but since it has become clear that won't cut it with our fans nor our manager, and the only two realistic alternatives at the moment are Wayne and Luis, all I'm picking sides for who I believe is the better player and option. I'm vocal about it because I believe paying the money being touted for Wayne would be a mistake that's all.

oh and "don't like it, leave" "don't let the door hit you on your way out". saved some people their typing.

It's not the fact you're putting a controversial point across. That opinion I respect.

It's the way you said you're going to such extreme lengths. Will you really "cry tears of sorrow" or "dive off a mountain" if we sign Rooney? Pass whatever you're smoking :lol:

Because 1 despite being a cracking player, he is a fucking scumbag he has missed like 25 games through bans in his time in England. Thats disgusting. If you'd asked me in the summer id of still taken Rooney over Suarez

I respect your opinion and honesty :clap:

Sell Luiz, and use the funds to sign Rooney...

... or don't sign Rooney, keep Luiz and give Lukaku a shit-load of games to build his confidence ...

Definitely the second option in my opinion!

Better yet, sign Rooney, keep Luiz and give Lukaku a shit-load of fames to build his confidence. I would take this 3rd option.

It's not the fact you're putting a controversial point across. That opinion I respect.

It's the way you said you're going to such extreme lengths. Will you really "cry tears of sorrow" or "dive off a mountain" if we sign Rooney? Pass whatever you're smoking :lol:

well I can see how some might've taken offence at me writing "laughing stock of the league". this was tongue in cheek buy maybe not as obvious as I intended,, even if we were to cough up a 100 millions for a Rooney deal and he would flop I would hope we wouldnt become a laughing stock

as for your quotes of mine, well just tried to inject some comedy into a heated discussion B)

Wenger on Rooney:

And Wenger feels a potential departure for Rooney will have no impact on his team as Chelsea are already one of the strongest outfits in the division.

TRANSFER TALK 15/8 Wayne Rooney, Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez are 15/8 with Coral to all move this summer

"With Rooney, [Chelsea] will be even more dangerous for sure," the Frenchman told Al Jazeera Sport.

"I rate Rooney highly and unfortunately we fight with Manchester United and Chelsea.

"So, on one front, if he goes then Manchester United will be weaker, that's quite good for us. But if he changes to Chelsea then they will be stronger - which is not good for us."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2013/08/07/4171331/its-lose-lose-if-chelsea-sign-rooney-wenger?ICID=HP_BN_7

well im sure Wenga is happy. Rooney not interested in going to Arsenal and they don't have to fight us for Suárez signature

Wouldn't be surprised if we bid £40m near the end of August and MU still refuse, we go out and spend £45-£50m on Suarez and nick it from Arsenal just like we did with Mata. There are only 3 top class strikers left on market atm in the form of Suarez, Rooney and Lewandowski. Lewandowski is staying then move to Bayern next summer which leaves us with 2 targets left. Now neither will come cheap and each have different positive/negative aspects.

Even all the half decent strikers have been grabbed up this summer, I think we are a bit too late. There was a time when Negredo, Jovetic, Soldado, Llorente, Tevez was all on the market and we left them.

Some counter arguments would be nice for a change. I guess it all boils down to people's dislike of Suárez so the only thing the can come up with is calling him a scumbag, racist, Dracula, cheat et cet. That's fine with me! Just say something like "Rooney is less value for money but I don't like Suárez personally so that's why I think Roon is a better deal". Simple civilised argument without going off topic.

[You know we have players too that many football fans dislike. I like Terry, Cole as Chelsea players. I try not to care too much about footballers' personal lives and as a long as a player doesn't intentionally ruin the team or injure other players, who am I to judge? (Yes biting Ivanovic was really stupid but Ivan has forgiven him so maybe we can move on from that incident for the time being?)]

Also getting Suarez from the scousers is worth the look on their fans faces alone :yay:

Back to Rooney, hes been spotted in Berkeley Square Mayfair Porsche dealership this morning, make of that what you will.....

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You