Wayne Rooney

J.F.

And if he is not we will fuck up again like last season.

Yep thats the chance you take. But i think we can still be strong challengers with Lukaku upfront. And if this doesn't happen which to me seems very likely then we still have a great team and manager and if Jose is happy to go into the season without any extra cover in the striker department then i am fine with that.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Rooney joined he is guaranteed to start EVERY SINGLE GAME HE WANTS, providing he is fit and on form of course. There is no rotation because then it would be nothing difference from at MU for him. He is only moving here(if he moves) it is to start at ST REGULARLY. He will be untouchable here, partly because he would cost a lot to get and on highest wages out of the entire team. Just like when Torres was signed in 2011, Rooney will start always unless he becomes as crap as Torres was/injured/have a break up with Jose like Casillas.

Lukaku would then be back up all the time. Ba will probably be sold/loaned out, same with Torres but I don't think both will go/ maybe only one. Which ever stay will be 3rd choice.

Rooney wouldn't start all 55/60 games of the season. And lukaku will still get lots of minutes in sub appearances on top of the 15 starts he would probably get. And last season with west brom he wasn't a starter very often. And he is still young so its not like being second choice would negatively impact him.

But as i have said imo, if we get Rooney then great as we have a lot options, a great striker and someone who is very versatile. And if not well then Lukaku gets his big chance, and Torres will have to get his shit together to challenge for first spot.

go on then son, tell us how that would be a better deal for us than AFC.

Because 1 despite being a cracking player, he is a fucking scumbag he has missed like 25 games through bans in his time in England. Thats disgusting. If you'd asked me in the summer id of still taken Rooney over Suarez

Also his shirts sell should be taken in to consideration, if we are going to pay £40m for Rooney and he help us sell around 1m shirts min at £60 each then that alone covers the whole transfer fee AND WE EVEN MAKE A PROFIT. Not to forget all his image right with Nike...etc which will bag us around £1m or a few. So basically he is paying the transfer fee for himself if he comes here eventually, we would only needs to pay his wages around £12m per year which isn't too bad for a world class player like him.

Dear God not the old shirt sale argument again, hasn't that logic been proven wrong more than once already?

If you really think the club makes a £60 profit on all shirts sold at £60 a pop you're in way over your head here. When we remove all the manufacturing costs and other expenses the profit from a single shirt is not tht significant anymore. Also from every shirt sold Adidas take a huge cut, the taxman takes a cut and I would guess the main sponsor Samsung also get something. Whatever small amount is left for the club after everyone else have taken their shares the player whose shirt is sold also gets a slice out of. If we also take in account that most of the people buying the shirts are Chelsea fans who would buy the club shirt regardless of whose name is printed on the back, the club will have to sell A LOT of fucking shirts to cover even 10 percent of the expenses that acquiring such a high profile player takes.

Dear God not the old shirt sale argument again, hasn't that logic been proven wrong more than once already?

If you really think the club makes a £60 profit on all shirts sold at £60 a pop you're in way over your head here. When we remove all the manufacturing costs and other expenses the profit from a single shirt is not tht significant anymore. Also from every shirt sold Adidas take a huge cut, the taxman takes a cut and I would guess the main sponsor Samsung also get something. Whatever small amount is left for the club after everyone else have taken their shares the player whose shirt is sold also gets a slice out of. If we also take in account that most of the people buying the shirts are Chelsea fans who would buy the club shirt regardless of whose name is printed on the back, the club will have to sell A LOT of fucking shirts to cover even 10 percent of the expenses that acquiring such a high profile player takes.

Even so it stills cover a large trunk of his fee, if he bags us £60m in shirt sell and we only getting £10m or so that is still very good. so if he is signed for £40m he wouldn't seem to be overpriced. He is currently worth at least £25m alone base on name and value anyway.

If we sign rooney great.

If not then we have Lukaku and i personally wouldn't mind that. Sure it's a big step up to lead our line. But the guy has a lot of pure talent. And he is someone that, if he was successful could lead our line for a long time.

Absolutely spot on Hutcho! I've been saying exactly the same thing.. and it's exactly my feelings towards Rooney.

I understand that signing him would be a "Statement of Intent" as TerminatorX puts it, but having Lukaku almost feels like we still have Drogba around!

if we buy the Roon for £40m on £200k+ wages and Arsenal gets Suárez for the same amount of money on about half them wages...I'll cry tears of sorrow, dive off the mountain cliff and turn into a golden eagle

laughing stock of the league

whatha.gif

Rooney wouldn't start all 55/60 games of the season. And lukaku will still get lots of minutes in sub appearances on top of the 15 starts he would probably get. And last season with west brom he wasn't a starter very often. And he is still young so its not like being second choice would negatively impact him.

But as i have said imo, if we get Rooney then great as we have a lot options, a great striker and someone who is very versatile. And if not well then Lukaku gets his big chance, and Torres will have to get his shit together to challenge for first spot.

+Lukaku did score more goals than Rooney in the PL last season.

If Rooney joined he is guaranteed to start EVERY SINGLE GAME HE WANTS, providing he is fit and on form of course. There is no rotation because then it would be nothing difference from at MU for him. He is only moving here(if he moves) it is to start at ST REGULARLY. He will be untouchable here, partly because he would cost a lot to get and on highest wages out of the entire team. Just like when Torres was signed in 2011, Rooney will start always unless he becomes as crap as Torres was/injured/have a break up with Jose like Casillas.

Lukaku would then be back up all the time. Ba will probably be sold/loaned out, same with Torres but I don't think both will go/ maybe only one. Which ever stay will be 3rd choice.

Ba or Torres will probably be sold in case we get Rooney. But Rooney won't sulk here the same way he did at Utd. Mourinho is the boss and the spoilt brat will obey. if not it is bench for him again and he will be the laughing stock of the country. Mourinho has the authority Moyes hasn't. The more shit Rooney does now the less space for those little games of him will be here.

+Lukaku did score more goals than Rooney in the PL last season.

Well Rooney played CM/CAM in most of the games, some time on the wing so obviously he doesn't have the advantage Lukaku had of playing ST all the time.

Well Rooney played CM/CAM in most of the games, some time on the wing so obviously he doesn't have the advantage Lukaku had of playing ST all the time.

Yes a good point but I don't get why ppl have so little faith in Lukaku. Sure he's only 20 but who says 20 year olds can't be good strikers when a 12 year old became a doctor! Regarding the stat Lukaku scored 5 more goals in PL than Rooney so who says he can't improve that tally now that this season he will play us who have better players than WBA.

Yes a good point but I don't get why ppl have so little faith in Lukaku. Sure he's only 20 but who says 20 year olds can't be good strikers when a 12 year old became a doctor! Regarding the stat Lukaku scored 5 more goals in PL than Rooney so who says he can't improve that tally now that this season he will play us who have better players than WBA.

Lukaku scored quite a few pens last season for them I think, like 5-6. At us he won't get that, Hazard will probably take it and then Lampard is here too. It is not people are not having fate in him, it is that people are putting TOO MUCH RISK ON HIS SHOULDER. It is basically Lukaku or bust with our current strike force because as we know Ba/Torres is useless, this preseason shows nothing have changed with these 2. Lukaku don't deserve to be crushed by pressure, remember when Ronaldo, Rooney...etc start at MU at young age they were also back up, not straight starter as at the time Van Nisterooy, Bekcham was ahead of them.

Lukaku scored quite a few pens last season for them I think, like 5-6. At us he won't get that, Hazard will probably take it and then Lampard is here too. It is not people are not having fate in him, it is that people are putting TOO MUCH RISK ON HIS SHOULDER. It is basically Lukaku or bust with our current strike force because as we know Ba/Torres is useless, this preseason shows nothing have changed with these 2. Lukaku don't deserve to be crushed by pressure, remember when Ronaldo, Rooney...etc start at MU at young age they were also back up, not straight starter as at the time Van Nisterooy, Bekcham was ahead of them.

Beckham wasn't a CF. Was he? I'm just saying if we don't get Rooney we at least have Lukaku.

And if that doesn't work we can always use Hazard as a false 9 ;p :-P

Absolutely spot-on. After a very impressive season at West Bromwich Albion, where he wasn't even first choice at the beginning of the season, I think it would take a very harsh bastard to say Lukaku isn't ready for his chance at Chelsea. He is certainly worth a go. But when your only other striking options are:

• Demba Ba - I really like Demba. He is quite slow, but very dangerous with the ball at his feet. He is a predatory striker, but one thing he has in his locker is the ability to use his power to knock defenders out of the way. He won't score many goals, but his positioning and ability to attract attention of the defenders opens up the space for the pacey players like Hazard and Moses to exploit.
  • Fernando Torres - I love Torres, even though he is well past-it. But that doesn't mean I'm unrealistic over his contribution. He isn't as good as people make him out to be when he does something well, but neither is he the useless crock of shit the majority believe he is. You don't score 23 goals in a season by being a bad player. Torres is a completely different option to Lukaku and Ba as he uses his pace to play on the shoulder. Last season at times we saw players finally clicking on how to service Fernando - David Luiz especially realised the long ball into the channel works well for him. There is still something to offer from Fernando, IMO
  • Victor Moses and Andre Schurrle - they won't really be given a go, but if we're struck by injuries you may see one of these players lead the line, but in a slightly withdrawn false-number-9 role. Again, totally different options.

These are good options, but nothing better than good. None of these players are of the quality of Dzeko, Suarez, Aguero, Robin van Persie, Roberto Soldado and several other high-profile forwards playing for our direct rivals. Rooney, however, is. He offers something totally different - which is important here, as it knocks no-one's nose out of joint.

So, I repeat - all of our strikers are okay and offer something different and individual - but an in-form and fit Rooney offers something so different and versatile that it is a step up on our current options. As for Lukaku, no-one is doubting his ability to score goals - but will our current forwards score enough goals to win us the title? Probably not. Rooney+Lukaku+either Ba or Torres will.

But Lukaku only started 5 times and played on the wing quite often. Rooney was injured and not fit last season, I think that is the only acceptable excuse for his mediocre year. Our bid to sign him is based on the believe that he will recover his form of 2010. This is not because the media or Abramovich believe it but because Mou believes it. That is the only assurance we got. We can trust it or not. So I think it is futile to try to vindicate his performances of late.

But Lukaku only started 5 times and played on the wing quite often. Rooney was injured and not fit last season, I think that is the only acceptable excuse for his mediocre year. Our bid to sign him is based on the believe that he will recover his form of 2010. This is not because the media or Abramovich believe it but because Mou believes it. That is the only assurance we got. We can trust it or not. So I think it is futile to try to vindicate his performances of late.

Why do you want his form in 2010 when his form in 2012 is better :D and regarding his injury, it wasn't even his fault, remember this?

rooney-650x688.jpg

Lukaku only started 5 times, what? He start a lot more than that just from my memory and he wasn't, he played ST every time he came on/in.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You