Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Lukaku is not ready to be our main striker. He is too young for that and right now Torres is our best option, so ...if we don't buy a world class striker we are screwed.

We need a striker, maybe Etoo too to play in the wing, and a DM. Then we are ready to compeat for the Champions League.

We can't fight with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern with a team that has 5 or 6 players with 20 years old.

Edited by Rom2013

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lukaku is not ready to be our main striker. He is too young for that and right now Torres is our best option, so ...if we don't buy a world class striker we are screwed.

We need a striker, maybe Etoo too to play in the wing, and a DM. Then we are ready to compeat for the Champions League.

We can't fight with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Bayern with a team that has 5 or 6 players with 20 years old.

Eto'o is on £325k per week LOL

Eto'o is on £325k per week LOL

Etoo will be out of Anzhi this season and he won't earn that kind of money anywhere. I think he can be a great buy for us, Schurrle is struggling a lot, Moses is not good enouth, the others are not really wingers, they are mostly central miedfielders. We have too many young players in the squad in my opinion and we need to choose who is ready right now to help the team and who is not.

Gustavo's name is popping up a lot, but I'm willing to bet that IF we sign a DM it is going to be Khedira

U have seen Khedira yesterday. He is by far Real's worst player. Not really an upgrade on Essien, Mikel or MvG. Gustavo >>> Khedira.

Gustavo's name is popping up a lot, but I'm willing to bet that IF we sign a DM it is going to be Khedira

Fine by me. Very quietly did a nice job last night as he usually does.

So what do you guys think, if he plays in the testimonial or Community Shield, will he still be leaving?

Edited by Pizy

Fine by me. Very quietly did a nice job last night as he usually does.

So what do you guys think, if he plays in the testimonial or Community Shield, will he still be leaving?

He won't. After today Rooney situation is pretty clear.

Okay, i was not too keen on this transfer because i gave up when we didnt get cavani or lewandoski. But i think im coming around this transfer. We all have complained of how our attack seems blunt and out of ideas, but we may not know that it could actually be solved with a proper link up striker.

All our strikers like the through pass in open space but none of them can actually keep it in tight spaces. This means we are practically playing with ten men when the opposition defends deep and blocks channels since(torres, lukaku, ba) thrive on space.

This fact is evident in German national team where they looked toothless with gomez up front but far better with klose as the top striker for link up.

All these years where we have complained that we are being toothless we never had a mobile, link up striker(lewandoski, aguero, rooney, tevez, suarez, benzema, mandzukic, jovetic) These are all mobile and make the attack more dangerous with link up passes with the am, wingers and runs all over the pitch.

So i think we need to go all out and get rooney, even if he gives us just 3 good years. He could mould lukaku into a proper striker by then.

Okay, i was not too keen on this transfer because i gave up when we didnt get cavani or lewandoski. But i think im coming around this transfer. We all have complained of how our attack seems blunt and out of ideas, but we may not know that it could actually be solved with a proper link up striker.

All our strikers like the through pass in open space but none of them can actually keep it in tight spaces. This means we are practically playing with ten men when the opposition defends deep and blocks channels since(torres, lukaku, ba) thrive on space.

This fact is evident in German national team where they looked toothless with gomez up front but far better with klose as the top striker for link up.

All these years where we have complained that we are being toothless we never had a mobile, link up striker(lewandoski, aguero, rooney, tevez, suarez, benzema, mandzukic, jovetic) These are all mobile and make the attack more dangerous with link up passes with the am, wingers and runs all over the pitch.

So i think we need to go all out and get rooney, even if he gives us just 3 good years. He could mould lukaku into a proper striker by then.

If he even help us win the BPL title next year then he already justified his price tag to me, doesn't even need to be 3.

Rooney and Gustavo in.

Ba and Mikel out.

A proper, solid, imposing DM like Gustavo paired with Ramires or MvG would solve our problems. He's inexpensive and is actively searching for a CL club to go to and get playing time. He's there on a plate for us. Think the fee being mentioned is around 15m. A steal.

the ideal scenario that can work out..we shud grab this opportunity now.

If he even help us win the BPL title next year then he already justified his price tag to me, doesn't even need to be 3.

Well said. Rooney is still marketable item, I feel. His shirts might sell well for the team to recover some expenses.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You