Wayne Rooney

J.F.

good article, but that site bans me everytime I postt something. Sometimes in the middle of typing...lol

Sorry to hear it though. You should try to post any opposition on manures at totalfootballforum..dimwits at their best there.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I don't think it's a striker problem. The problem arises when we have to make a transition from defense to attack. The same problem we have been having for years now. Getting any sort of marquee striker won't solve our problems if he isn't getting anything to feed on. But yeah if Rooney can do something out of nothing then, maybe.

Honestly I don't think it's a striker problem. The problem arises when we have to make a transition from defense to attack. The same problem we have been having for years now. Getting any sort of marquee striker won't solve our problems if he isn't getting anything to feed on. But yeah if Rooney can do something out of nothing then, maybe.

Yeah he can do something out of nothing, he is that good.

But that too doesn't happen always. and I'd prefer a slower and smoother transition to stability. even if it means we don't win anything this season.

We're well on the way. You can't use one pre season friendly against a hungry Real Madrid looking to prove something to say that we haven't progressed in our transitioning.

We're well on the way. You can't use one pre season friendly against a hungry Real Madrid looking to prove something to say that we haven't progressed in our transitioning.

Exactly my point. Why do we need a signing like him then? Half of the reasons are cause of what happened against Real today, and the point I made was only against that.

The only thing really are separating us from Madrid/Bayern/Barca is that they got world class players in every line, they got best in the world midfielders, defenders and attackers. While we got one of the best attacking midfield, our defend is just about decent imo and CDM is also lacking a top class player but Van Ginkel can grow to that and become one. We really have real issues with striking department when 2 are not good enough and one got potential but not ready.

The only thing really are separating us from Madrid/Bayern/Barca is that they got world class players in every line, they got best in the world midfielders, defenders and attackers. While we got one of the best attacking midfield, our defend is just about decent imo and CDM is also lacking a top class player but Van Ginkel can grow to that and become one. We really have real issues with striking department when 2 are not good enough and one got potential but not ready.

Agreed. getting a striker should be our priority. we should have promoted Bruma this year instead of letting him go imo.

Exactly my point. Why do we need a signing like him then? Half of the reasons are cause of what happened against Real today, and the point I made was only against that.

No, I've always said from the beginning for weeks now that Wayne is exactly what we need, regardless of what happened against Real today simply because we don't have a striker of his ilk in the team.

Torres, Lukaku and Ba all find it difficult to hold the ball in tight spaces so their link up play isn't as good as what Rooney would bring to the table. Rooney's ability and intelligence in playing in between the lines is exactly why we need a striker like him as its more beneficial for the likes of Hazard or Mata when they do have that focal point who can bring them into play there. That in itself adds massively to our build up play - having a striker that's on the same wavelength as the three in behind him with his movement, first touch, technical ability etc; our current strikers don't really have those capabilities at this moment. Lukaku can still learn it but it's far too late for Ba and Torres.

I completely get why Mourinho wants him, even wanted him before Mourinho was officially unveiled as it makes perfect sense to me.

No, I've always said from the beginning for weeks now that Wayne is exactly what we need, regardless of what happened against Real today simply because we don't have a striker of his ilk in the team.

Torres, Lukaku and Ba all find it difficult to hold the ball in tight spaces so their link up play isn't as good as what Rooney would bring to the table. Rooney's ability and intelligence in playing in between the lines is exactly why we need a striker like him as its more beneficial for the likes of Hazard or Mata when they do have that focal point who can bring them into play there. That in itself adds massively to our build up play - having a striker that's on the same wavelength as the three in behind him with his movement, first touch, technical ability etc; our current strikers don't really have those capabilities at this moment. Lukaku can still learn it but it's far too late for Ba and Torres.

I completely get why Mourinho wants him, even wanted him before Mourinho was officially unveiled as it makes perfect sense to me.

I think I'm probably still in denial cause I'm afraid of another expensive failure. I'll agree. hopefully it goes through without us stretching our financial abilities.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You