Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Yeah right, I completely forgot that Lampard and Essien failed to make decent passes in our seven other defeats too.

Frank has had his poorest season ever with us ..part due to injury ,,but still playing poorly now ...and I am a Lampard fan. Ess too has not

passed well lately..even when not under pressure

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree, imo Henrique´s fate is to become a TALKCHELSEA LEGEND. What do you think ?

I'd trust Henrique over Carlo :D

You wouldn't take Torres off would you? Or play a stupid formation when it looked crap just last week.

Frank has had his poorest season ever with us ..part due to injury ,,but still playing poorly now ...and I am a Lampard fan. Ess too has not

passed well lately..even when not under pressure

IMO. If we play a diamond it should be Lamps at the top of that diamond. He's basically being played out of position.

Can't and won't blame Ancelotti for the draw. Managers should rarely get stick for a single result, especially when it wasn't down to tactics.

Although he could get some blame for failing to apply his plan B. Up until now unlike Scolari he's refused to use one (he has said numerous times that he wants us to play "our football") but now that we're actually trying something different it's not working. Confidence, form et al are very important but unfortunately there's no space for mistakes as we're already in mid February.

Not Ancelotti related but I've seen a lot of members attack specifically Henrique with the very original glory-hunter insults. Bit disturbing when its uncalled and everyone targets one user.

So as a great footballer once said:

1241699338_drogba-pissed-its-a-disgrace.gif

There is no plan B with carlo,that's why he didn't apply it.

Last years change from diamond to 4-3-3 in midseason proves otherwise. Besides isn't the experiment we tried in the last 3 games a "plan B"?

Maybe we should try a bit more long ball and gamble on the second ball.

It seems to me that it's the players resorting to long balls out of frustration and despair. If anything when we were playing the football that Ancelotti wanted crosses and long balls were drastically reduced. If I had to guess I'd say that frustration and despair were also the causes that forced Ancelotti to use a 4-2-4 "formation" quite often during our crisis.

Last years change from diamond to 4-3-3 in midseason proves otherwise. Besides isn't the experiment we tried in the last 3 games a "plan B"?

Oh yes the diamond plan B. I remember now,he tried it and failed last week but never learns.

Jose played it in CL final. And he won. :D

What the?

Come on now.. Ditching a whole formation after one game would be daft, to say the least.

So because we were awful last week,it should be given another chance?

Well you dislike the diamond and Carlo.

But that a manager of Jose's qualities used it means something.

Yes but Carlo is no Jose. I remember Jose doing it with us a few times and we looked awful.

The only questions we need to ask regarding Carlo is:

1. Can he turn around the way we are playing for the rest of the season?

2. Given the chance to add to his squad in the summer will we see improvement next season?

If Carlo is unable in any way to turn around the way we are playing for the rest of the season then you have to question if he should stay for next season. I like Carlo a lot but it is becomming very frustrating to see us play so poorly so regulary and see little inspiration off the bench.

The only questions we need to ask regarding Carlo is:

1. Can he turn around the way we are playing for the rest of the season?

2. Given the chance to add to his squad in the summer will we see improvement next season?

If Carlo is unable in any way to turn around the way we are playing for the rest of the season then you have to question if he should stay for next season. I like Carlo a lot but it is becomming very frustrating to see us play so poorly so regulary and see little inspiration off the bench.

Sure is a nice guy.

The antithesis of Mourinho or Ferguson however. Never challenges the footballing authorities, or referees decisions, Never plays any mind games.

I'm thinking winning managers need a ruthless, almost nasty streak, and vehement defence of their players and last season as with Grant he inherited the Rolls Royce......

Yes Carlo has made a few mistakes but he took over a squad that was getting on and managed to squeeze a double out of it, that took all his expierence.

What frustrates me is IMO this squad peaked out in 08/09 and i still think what might have been if we had Hiddink all season, it would not have suprised me if we won the league surpassing Jose's record points tally if we had Guus (or even Carlo for that matter) all season IMHO whistling.gif

Evrey great team suffer a season or 2 in transition and if we thought we were immune from that we are mental.

Bayern 06-07

Man.Utd 03-06

Arsenal 05-present

Barcelona 06-08

Lets hope its more of a Bayern transition than a Arsenal one.