Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

Carlo Ancelotti's message:

'First I want to say thanks to our supporters. Today they gave me fantastic support, and for all the season when the moment was not so good they stayed close to the team, to the players. I don't know what happens, we have to wait and after that I can explain. It is the tradition of the club and it is normal to say thanks to them, because the support I received was fantastic.

We have to just wait one week, it is not a long period and see what happens. Everyone can give their opinion about my job here, but it is the club that has to take a decision and judge my job. If my job is good I will stay. If they think my job was not good I have to go. In my opinion sometimes I did a good job, sometimes I could do better.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ancelotti has proven over the course of the season that he

1) Cannot motivate his team

2) Lacks tactical awareness and the ability to read his opponent/game and devise a strategy accordingly

3) Ability to change a game when it's heading towards a draw or defeat

4) Over reliant on age and experience even at the detriment of the teams performance and result

Yet some people want him to stay all in the name of stability. unbelievable

2) Lacks tactical awareness and the ability to read his opponent/game and devise a strategy accordingly

4) Over reliant on age and experience even at the detriment of the teams performance and result

I respect your opinion but i strongly disagree. This is about something more than just keeping a manager for the sake of stability, this is about finally developing a unit, a team that has played together longer than a year.. CA might have made a few tactical blunders but you are quick to forget that he has been behind much more positive than negative, much has happened that has made our form dip and i blame those factors not Ancelotti. Drogba's malaria, numerous of injuries for key players, Carlo's father's death, departure of several key players from last season, lack of depth in the squad, aging players. do i need to continue?unbelievable

emo8.gif

The problem is that nowadays keeping a manager is seen as the solution for everything.

Look at Arsenal, they are with Wenger in last 6 years, and they won nothing. Despite sacking all these managers we have 3 PL, many Cup trophies and reached one CL final.

So I don't know whats the point talking about stability...When Roman bought this club he was barely known outside England, now it sell millions of shirts around the club, players like Drogba, Lampard and Terry become world stars playing here, and Chelsea is considered when of the strongest clubs in Europe, the kind of ambitious players would like to go to. So, this club doesn't have "instability".

So, its really unfair people saying they will lose the faith on board if they sack Carlo. The work they are doing is fucking good. If Carlo is non longer compatible with Chelsea's goals and ambitions, so he must leave.

emo8.gif

The problem is that nowadays keeping a manager is seen as the solution for everything.

Look at Arsenal, they are with Wenger in last 6 years, and they won nothing. Despite sacking all these managers we have 3 PL, many Cup trophies and reached one CL final.

So I don't know whats the point talking about stability...When Roman bought this club he was barely known outside England, now it sell millions of shirts around the club, players like Drogba, Lampard and Terry become world stars playing here, and Chelsea is considered when of the strongest clubs in Europe, the kind of ambitious players would like to go to. So, this club doesn't have "instability".

So, its really unfair people saying they will lose the faith on board if they sack Carlo. The work they are doing is fucking good. If Carlo is non longer compatible with Chelsea's goals and ambitions, so he must leave.

You say Wenger, I say Ferguson..and if by being compatible you mean having to win a trophie every single year then you are spoilt. Although no disrespect to the Pensioners, but we are not in form Barcelona who can do that.

Atm this is nothing like Scolari case, Scolari was utterly bad, lost the backing of players - off he went. Carlo still has backing of the players, majority of the fans and has silverware to prove his compatibilty.

emo8.gif

Really? Sacking Mou and having Grant there then Sacking Grant and having Scolari, thensacking Scolari and having Guss. Certainly the club board is doing a great job.

Why dont you look at Manchester United instead of Arsenal?

Really? Sacking Mou and having Grant there then Sacking Grant and having Scolari, thensacking Scolari and having Guss. Certainly the club board is doing a great job.

Why dont you look at Manchester United instead of Arsenal?

Guys, lets forget Manchester. I always hear this kind of thing: SAF has been in MU more than 20 years.

He is a unique case. Look at every great club in the world and count how many managers they had in last 20 years. After Fergunson, I can tell you that Manchester won stick with the same manager for that long.

- Ok, Mourinho was sacked, what happened ? We reached the first CL in Chelsea's history.

- Sacked Grant, then Scolari came, we fired him, Guus came, what happened? If not for a idiot bald referee we would have reached another CL final, and we also won a FA Cup.

Guys, lets forget Manchester. I always hear this kind of thing: SAF has been in MU more than 20 years.

He is a unique case. Look at every great club in the world and count how many managers they had in last 20 years. After Fergunson, I can tell you that Manchester won stick with the same manager for that long.

- Ok, Mourinho was sacked, what happened ? We reached the first CL in Chelsea's history.

- Sacked Grant, then Scolari came, we fired him, Guus came, what happened? If not for a idiot bald referee we would have reached another CL final, and we also won a FA Cup.

A bit hypocrite isn't it, mate? You're the one who brought up the Wenger topic :)

In the end of the day, we cant go on cyclying managers like socks, it doesen't work like that. There is a reason why Man Utd always are a threat to be reckoned with, it's their stability which SAF has brought with his reign.Keeping a manager might not bring us luck right away but I've got time, have you?

Can see whats gana happen though,sack Ancelotti,get someone else.All starts off well.Starts to go wrong...doubters come in...if its all good come end of the season they'll be kept on for probably another year.If they do crap..offskis they go and we're in the look again,forking out more dosh....

Give him a decent assistant manager,let him serve the last year on his contract..be nice to have a manager whole serves the whole things makes a change.Save the money and either extend it the year after or let him go..if he doesnt retire and all depending hows he's done..never know

Never gana happen mind...the manager merry go round no doubt go o..and get to a point where managers look at it and thinks whats the point in going there if your just going to get sacked soon as it goes a bit downhill