Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

He left cus he wasnt given enough money for the summer transfers. Now I wouldnt blame the Owner, as previous 3 summers Villa spent alot on transfers and looked good for top 4 until March in all those seasons and then fizzled out.

Wasn't it also because they sold Milner & Barry the season before that which he was strongly against?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it also because they sold Milner & Barry the season before that which he was strongly against?

Re: O Niell no-one has mentioned what he achieved at Celtic and Lecister. I know the Scottish league is crap but he won everthing every year and he made Larrson an even better player, so can manage big players. He also got Celtic to the Europa final, with the majority of the team on a very low wage where he only lost to Mourinho;s Porto.....

At leciester he won the league cup and got them top 6 every year, remarkable for the players he had available. The job he did at Villa is now highlighted, got them top 6 consistantly and now they are fighting relegation with the same team plus Bent...

Re: O Niell no-one has mentioned what he achieved at Celtic and Lecister. I know the Scottish league is crap but he won everthing every year and he made Larrson an even better player, so can manage big players. He also got Celtic to the Europa final, with the majority of the team on a very low wage where he only lost to Mourinho;s Porto.....

At leciester he won the league cup and got them top 6 every year, remarkable for the players he had available. The job he did at Villa is now highlighted, got them top 6 consistantly and now they are fighting relegation with the same team plus Bent...

did you see the style Leicester played ....they were fucking dire... Villa under him played the same way.

O'Neill left because the board wouldn't re-invest money from selling players on buying replacements.

All this talk about O'Neill/Coyle etc is redundant anyway, Roman will not be hiring anyone who has never won major trophies.

did you see the style Leicester played ....they were fucking dire... Villa under him played the same way.

It's pretty pointles discussion anyway because he will never be in the running for the job. Latest odds from Victor Chandler....

Redknapps odds are shortening interesting.....

• Guus Hiddink – 11/4
  • Jose Mourinho – 3/1
  • Harry Redknapp – 4/1
  • Andre Villas-Boa­s – 11/2
  • Pep Guardiola – 6/1
  • Marco van Basten – 10/1
  • Frank Rijkaard – 10/1
  • Mark Hughes – 14/1
  • Martin O’Neill – 14/1
  • Louis van Gaal – 16/1
  • Rafa Benitez – 16/1
  • Didier Deschamps – 18/1

Disagree about Moyes and O Neill - both of those r better than Carlo in my eyes. Just because they are British does not make them poor managers...

And because they are British it doesen't make them better than Carlo. Ancelotti has silverware to back him up..

Ancelotti might be taking charge of Chelsea for the last time this Sunday, but Hoddle believes it is pointless sacking the Italian, as any successor will have the identical problem - the inability to deliver the coveted Champions League.

Hoddle argues it isn't easy to topple Manchester United, while Manchester City will also now be a threat - because London clubs face so many derbies.

Roman Abramovich is intent on bringing in Guus Hiddink to Stamford Bridge and the coaching staff could include Marco Van Basten and Gianfranco Zola, but Hoddle argues that Chelsea should stick with Ancelotti.

Hoddle believes that there are unrealistic expectations that Chelsea, or indeed, any club with aspirations of being crowned kings of Europe, can topple Barcelona.

Barcelona can rule Europe for the best part of this decade, the way Real Madrid, AC Milan, Ajax, Bayern Munich and Liverpool once dominated Europe for years at a time.

Hoddle says: "It will be a mistake to change the manager at Chelsea if the owner is searching for someone to bring him the Champions league.

"Carlo deserves one more go at it, but the reality is how do you topple Manchester United domestically, and how on earth do you topple Barcelona in Europe?

"It might be realistic to aim for the title, but not for the Champions League while Barcelona are around, not this Barcelona team.

"This Barca team is wonderful, everyone knows it, but I think they can rule for years, two three, four or even five years they would win it on the trot, like some clubs have done in the past.

"They are a special team at the moment, but also a young team. In the past there have been a number of teams like them, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Ajax and Liverpool who have suddenly dominated Europe for years, and Barcelona can do the same, keep on winning the Champions League for a period of time.

"So, there isn't a question mark why clubs in this country cannot win it, no question marks about why a London club can't win it, the question mark is Barcelona, or rather they are the answer right now."

As for the title, Hoddle always thinks there is a disadvantage for London clubs. He said: "To topple Manchester United isn't easy for Chelsea or any London club because of the amount of derbies.

"Of course it has been done before, but not as often as London clubs should have won the title, and that is one of the main reasons."

Hoddle hitting the nail on the head v2.0

It depends our aims for next season. If they are to win the Champions League, yeah Hoddle is right. But if that's to build a team for the futur, use the academy and gradually to become independant of Abramovich's money, no.

But if that's to build a team for the futur, use the academy and gradually to become independant of Abramovich's money, no.

Thats what we HAVE to do, the new rules will not allow otherwise......

Guest justin_3d

It depends our aims for next season. If they are to win the Champions League, yeah Hoddle is right. But if that's to build a team for the futur, use the academy and gradually to become independant of Abramovich's money, no.

And who is going to bring youth from the academy?

A certain Villas-Boas does not show enough of this.

He is doing good, cause his squad is good. The man said it himself.

But i don't see nothing from the youth academy in his team. Just a lot of super studs from south america....

I keep saying it only coaches with a pedigree who are doing that are Wenger and Bielsa. Don't see any other getting a lot of youth like these 2 do.

And who is going to bring youth from the academy?

A certain Villas-Boas does not show enough of this.

He is doing good, cause his squad is good. The man said it himself.

But i don't see nothing from the youth academy in his team. Just a lot of super studs from south america....

I keep saying it only coaches with a pedigree who are doing that are Wenger and Bielsa. Don't see any other getting a lot of youth like these 2 do.

AVB is doing well with James Rodriguez. He's not playing constantly, but getting some playing time and is being mentored well.

Guest justin_3d

AVB is doing well with James Rodriguez. He's not playing constantly, but getting some playing time and is being mentored well.

Only one, and some playing time??

Shoot Carlo did better this season then....

Guest justin_3d

Again after seeing all the names from people want like Henrique, i don't see nothing good, that will help us move forward regarding youth.

Only person i see is Guardiola.

And Guardiola is not available in the summer.

So for me, i will say keep Carlo till Guardiola is available.