Official - Carlo sacked

Styles

Should Ancelotti be replaced in the summer?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ancelotti be sacked?

• Yes, he should go
    • No, he should stay

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? He is?

Yes, in my honest opinion Berbatov is a better player than Hernandez. If the latter man is a hit while Berbatov is a flop, that's because the mexican has the qualities/abilities the team needs, he is complementary to the rest of the team and he forms along with Rooney a great partnership.

Hernandez will probably become a better footballer than Berbatov, but for now he isn't.

And what I want to expose there, is that the standard/hype does not make a man and what he can achieve.

ps: you got it right Henrique.

eldinho, Berbatov being better than Hernandez was not he point of his post. I know that you know it.

I'll ignore you, because you are not worth my time, but when you talk to me try to not use this kind of offensive words.

you'll wont ignore me not because I'm not worth your time, since most of your posts are to reply me. You will ignore because you have no arguments.

:goodpost:

The club needs a face in terms of a manager. Arsenal have Wenger, Man Ure has SAF, Spuds have Redknapp. We HAD Mourinho, but that is long gone. We have faces in terms of players, but haven't given a manager enough time to be our coaching 'face'. Carlo has the right attributes, and nearly everyone loves him - i can't see why he should nor couldn't become the face of Chelsea if he is given the chance. In someways we lack an identity in the hot seat due to the whole 'superior power' overshadowing it.

Mancini backs Ancelotti

Manchester city manager Roberto Mancini has backed Chelsea Manager Carlo Ancelotti and has told Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich that it would be a "huge mistake" if he sacked his fellow Italian.

read the rest here.

I'm sure he already know his fate. I don't believe that he is waiting to meet the board and then they will say:

- Your job was good, you stay.

- You should have done better, you leave.

Carlo is in permanent contact with these people.

So its look he is leaving. If not, in interviews he would say: "I'm staying here next season".

In general when a manager is sacked there's some clauses preventing them to say bad words about the club in the period of the contract. Thats why when Scolari was sacked he never said bad words about the club. I believe he know he is leaving, but he is not allowed to say so in public.

I'm not defending nor attacking Carlo, but:

1. He said that we don't need more players in the summer and that 5 youngster, who later went on loan and basically didn't play (except for Josh), will be enough.

2. He did come back to screw Arsenal after his father died.

3. Firing Wilkins, Drogba's malaria or Lampard's injury shouldn't be excuses to why we played so poor, it's just one man and 2 players. If a big club like Chelsea depends on only 2 players than there's something wrong.

4. The team was unmotivated and same players with "don't care" attitude played each game every week.

5. We can't say that our United's chase was thanks to Carlo, but to certain players who just had their form.

6. We were playing same old 4-3-3 whether things were going fine or not and don't tell me that it's just the way it is in Chelsea because with players of that quality, used rightly, we could and should have play in other way.

7. Wether it was him or the board good signing were made this season with likes of Luiz, Ramires, Torres with two of them luring Neymar.

8. We did change our image a little bit because of his calm attitude and gentleman being.

9. Poor subs were made and I can't think of 10 games where they would make any difference.

10. Both Roman and players like Carlo but I think they don't fear him enough to listen to what he says, especially players.

11. Despite Josh and Sturridge our youngsters had poor loans and it seems we'll lose Cork who could be a future legend, we didn't give chance to youngsters.

12. This is our transitional season and players are old, but if that's excuse than we could've bought more young players in the summer instead of going with smallest squad in the league for the season.

:goodpost:

Anybody who wants Carlo out, please explain to me who you would want to replace him. Because it baffles me to think that there is better managers out there who are available at this present time. Carlo respects our club as much as he did Milan if not more. He does his job without disrespecting anyone and keeps himself focused on his job and his job only. Yes we had a bad season and no body is denying that but for fuck sake we have had a lot worse.

We had a bad run during the middle half of the season but look at the problems we had around the club. Stupid scenarios behind the scene where they let go a Chelsea legend in Ray Wilkins instead of fixing the issues. Instead of investing in players at the start of the season, we were left with a shortened squad for half of it and had to spend big in the winter transfer window which ended up costing a lot more for two class players.

At the end of the day if we let go of Carlo, we will struggle to find a quality replacement manager anyway. Hiddink won the FA Cup while he was with us but he was only here for a handful of games. His knowledge of the Premier League is not better then Carlo's. Benitez is just a twat lets be honest. Please explain to me who is a better candidate for his job......

If this club lets Ancelotti go, they will lose a lot of respect from everyone including myself.

Exactly mate, who do you guys want to replace Chelsea next season? Mourinho? Pep? Villa-Boas? They're all having a laugh as it is looking very unlikely...Unless you guys want Avram back or Rafa instead of Carlo than I don't even intend to discuss this topic anymore.

Exactly mate, who do you guys want to replace Chelsea next season? Mourinho? Pep? Villa-Boas? They're all having a laugh as it is looking very unlikely...Unless you guys want Avram back or Rafa instead of Carlo than I don't even intend to discuss this topic anymore.

"Mate, I've already stated this point, so I'll explain it shortly. We don't need a better coach than Carlo, we need a coach with certain abilities. It isn't because we hire a better manager than Ancelotti that he will do a better job, and vice versa."

'killamanjaro' answer pages ago.