Chelsea 0-1 Liverpool

BlueLion.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I can if it makes you happy. blink.gif

On a scale of 1-10 how much more attractive is the Chelsea Forum compared to the Pool one?? and do you Honestly think you'll beat us at the bridge on sunday, as you haven't even scored at the bridge since 2003!

1. Do you agree with the shirt burning antics?

2. Who do you think got the better deal?

3. Do you hold a grudge against Torres bearing in mind he moved to be part of a winning team?

1. No, It was absolutely disgraceful. It was a Liverpool shirt the guys were burning, and you just simply can't do that.

2. Time will show. I can only say that Drogba-Torres partnership looks promising, but so does Suarez-Carroll.

3. No, not really. It's his decision and I appreciate it. The timing was horrible though.

On a scale of 1-10 how much more attractive is the Chelsea Forum compared to the Pool one?? and do you Honestly think you'll beat us at the bridge on sunday, as you haven't even scored at the bridge since 2003!

I'm used to RAWK so this forum looks a bit strange to me. laugh.gif

And yes, I have faith in the boys and Kenny. Everything is possible.

1. No, It was absolutely disgraceful. It was a Liverpool shirt the guys were burning, and you just simply can't do that.

2. Time will show. I can only say that Drogba-Torres partnership looks promising, but so does Suarez-Carroll.

3. No, not really. It's his decision and I appreciate it. The timing was horrible though.

I'm used to RAWK so this forum looks a bit strange to me. laugh.gif

And yes, I have faith in the boys and Kenny. Everything is possible.

Aquaman,

I'm not picking a fight, more curious than anything.

1. Would it have been less disgraceful if they had burned a Spain Torres shirt?

2. Suarez does seem promising. Carroll not so sure. That seems like a lot of money for somebody with half a season of PL football. Time will tell.

3. The posts on RAWK and LFC's forum about Torres leaving have been something. At first I read them but I couldn't keep up. There's a post to never speak his name and then 5 more created about how awful he is. It seems LFC fans can't let it go. Why the level of hostility? Is it the timing only?

One thing, the club seems so adamant about erasing him from the club's history. I agree he's moved on and so should the club. But what he did for the club in 3.5 years was not too shabby. Even Carragher who I didn't expect it from said he did a lot for the club when he was there.

Aquaman,

I'm not picking a fight, more curious than anything.

1. Would it have been less disgraceful if they had burned a Spain Torres shirt?

2. Suarez does seem promising. Carroll not so sure. That seems like a lot of money for somebody with half a season of PL football. Time will tell.

3. The posts on RAWK and LFC's forum about Torres leaving have been something. At first I read them but I couldn't keep up. There's a post to never speak his name and then 5 more created about how awful he is. It seems LFC fans can't let it go. Why the level of hostility? Is it the timing only?

1. I guess so? But I still cant accept the burning of the shirts.

2. That was my first thought too when I heard about the transfer fee. But if he is a success, then it was worth it.

3. Some fans were really furious about the situation, but I think that they are now over it.

"My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfill my deals."

This is what got them angry.

"My head is in Liverpool and on helping save our season. I am professional and I always fulfill my deals."

This is what got them angry.

I understand that. I'm going to have to go back and read that entire article because isn't it the same one he said Roy should have been given more time? IMHO there was something just not kosher about it. But maybe that's me trying to put a positive spin on Torres who I've followed at Atleti and Spain.

Interesting article from the Guardian from Torres about his Chelsea move. I'm curious about the 10-12 days before the closure of the window timeline.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/05/fernando-torres-liverpool-chelsea

He does seem like the baby faced assassin at times but there seems to be a very pragmatic, ambitious person under that.

"I never kissed the Liverpool badge," he said. "I see some players do that one week after they join a club but the romance in football has gone. It's different now. People come and leave. When you join a club you want to do the best for yourself and for that club. That's all. Some people like to kiss the badge. I only want to score goals, do my job and achieve all the targets the team has. We share the same targets."

"Torres said he had made it clear to John W Henry and Kenny Dalglish some "10 to 12 days" before the closure of the window, after Chelsea's initial £28m bid, that he wished to leave. "They were pushing really hard for me," he said. "I really wanted to leave Liverpool, so I told them straight. Everything was clear. It's about being fair and honest with everyone."

"The new owner, John Henry, has the right ambition to get things back to what they were, but they need time. Maybe they will need the time while I'm at my best age to play football. I explained my situation to them, my feelings, and was honest and face to face. But when you have an opportunity to play for a team who have a chance of winning the Champions League and the Premier League, and you are the right age to do that and compete with the best, you can't say 'no'. To call me a 'traitor' makes no sense. I played three very good seasons there, and left them with massive money, scored lots of goals and put in good performances. I helped the sale process as well. But I have to think about my career, and this is a step forward."

In fairness, Nando could have shut his mouth since moving. Most players that move from rival clubs don't come out and say things like he did.

I don't know. I think everything he said has been professional, cordial and honest. The only thing that people in Liverpool got all verklemmt about was the "big club" reference. But even that quote was taken out of context. Liverpool's history speaks for itself and he obviously was talking about the clubs in their more recent history.

In fairness, Nando could have shut his mouth since moving. Most players that move from rival clubs don't come out and say things like he did.

You're right but I also think the media expects Chelsea to make the player available especially after a move like this. CFC has been promoting it on their website. The media is gorging themselves on it. They/he couldn't hide away in a room until Sunday.

Loving we have a Liverpool fan who actually doesn't goad us all the time... welcome to the forum, hope you can stick around! I find your views interesting and most of which I agree with, from a neutral (non Chelsea perspective) The way he left L'pool was abit shitty... End of January, way in which he did it.. I can understand scouse frustation. When he said he was stepping up you've got to agree... but it's difficult... like when Joe Cole went to you guys and said Liverpool are one of the biggest english clubs (which they are) it just hurt abit to hear him say that...

I think it really depends which way you look at it, you can both justify and condemn Fernando's move, but I'd like to think soon we can move on from it.

On a non Torres note, before we signed him, I was so angry you guys pretty much got Suarez... for 23-25m it seemed like a good deal and he has the quality, no idea why we didn't go for it at the time. I think he will be quality for you guys, but Carroll... Really I don't know what to say, he's a good player but will £35m show that? The same could be said about Torres (£50m).

Loving the viewpoints, keep em coming :blue scalf:

No. Im tired of boring players. I want more crazy guys in football. He has to say the truth: Liverpool is not a club for a player who want big things.

Torres to come off the bench 60+ minute to replace Anelka or Malouda and SCORE! Going to be an EPIC game!

Welcome to the forum mate! Hope you stick around. Im from Melbourne as well so its good to see another fan from around my area. Im (obviously) Steve a talkchelsea Admin, was just interested to know how you found us?

They beat us 1-0 in 2008. Ended the unbeaten run.

Well, technically, Bosingwa scored an own goal... so they haven't scored since 2003 :D

But don't forget the UEFA CL games; 3-2 and 4-4. Liverpool aren't afraid of bringing the game to us.