Edinson Cavani

CFC58

I'm so sad that we missed out on Cavani. A lot of us have been following this thread multible times each day for news about this guy coming to us, and now he goes to PSG. And I actually believed that he would come to us. This is Robinho, Neymar and Hulk all over again.

I should be old enough not to get my hopes up when we've seen this happen so many times before. Fuck. We won't win anything with our current strikeforce.

And the Palermo president praised the Partenopei for holding firm during negotiations and commanding a colossal fee for the Uruguay international, while revealing specific details regarding transfer negotiations.

"I have texted De Laurentiis to congratulate him on doing even better than I did [while dealing with PSG]. He has outdone the €43 million that we got for Javier Pastore when we sold him to PSG," the Palermo president told Radio Radio.

"De Laurentiis had to make this deal. He did well to say that he wanted a transfer fee like this.

"Cavani is a unique player. He couldn't stay at Napoli because he has to think about his career and PSG are offering him €8m per year."

Its over thank fuck

Quite happy we didn't cave in to their demands. Good player, ridiculous price. Now give me that Rooney.

Couldn't agree more. Giving into those fuck wits would have set a precedent that would have ended with clubs putting 80+ million release clauses on any half decent player. They can sell him to PSG and ruin his career. Just goes to show how clubs couldn't give a fuck about a players best interests.

Depends what you define giving a chance?

If you think giving him a chance is giving him an undisputed number 1 role that he didn't even get at West Brom then no you will have to wait a while for that but Lukaku will get 20-30 (maybe 35-40 depending on how far our cup run goes) appearances at the age of 20 at one of the top clubs in world football, cannot speak for every one else but in my book that is more than getting a chance.

By 'chance', i mean - not giving someone else the undisputed No. 1 role

That is specifically why i did not want a Cavani to come in, as that pretty much makes him the undisputed no. 1 , while Lukaku gets 20 mins here and there in the PL and starts some cup games. Even if he does splendidly, Cavani will still be No. 1.

I want us to sign someone who is a top striker, but at the level where he will accept having to fight for a starting spot with the rest of our striking pool week in week out.

That in my view is giving Lukaku a fair chance and for us to make fair judgements.

While others are still in holidays, this guy is already training hard to impress Mou during the preseason. I wish him the best this guy has the right attitude to succeed. I hope he will improve his ball control and first touch with hazard, could be his technical personal trainer :-)

Exactly what Benzema did that season under Jose where he scored a lot of goals. It worked. Great to see a young player though raring to get going and doing training. Great to see.

I will not lie, I'm really sad that it appears that we're going to miss out on Cavani as he is one of the best strikers in the world IMO. But who knows it might be for the better, I admit a part of me was relieved we didn't splash so much cash on a single player and our board is acting more rationally now and we didn't bow down to the ridiculous demands of that cunt ADL.

I will not lie, I'm really sad that it appears that we're going to miss out on Cavani as he is one of the best strikers in the world IMO. But who knows it might be for the better, I admit a part of me was relieved we didn't splash so much cash on a single player and our board is acting more rationally now and we didn't bow down to the ridiculous demands of that cunt ADL.

this

The confidence I have gained in our board for the restraint they have displayed in not bowing to ADL's insane demands may be shattered when we buy John Ruddy for 10m pounds.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You