Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Edinson Cavani

CFC58
Followers 3

Lol at the people on this forum. Get real, the moment Arsenal have enough to pay his wages it will be the end of football. :D

And why would PSG sell him after just one season with Ibra at 33-34 years old :fainthv9:

Arsenal have the money, your real statement should be "the moment Arsenal are willing to pay his wages.." :lol:

--

But well, well, well. Isn't this flipping the table upside down. We secure our £30m+ signing in Costa and suddenly Cavani wants in on England. I have no doubt we'll see Manchester City's name crop up soon enough. I'd be delighted if we hadn't already spent big on Costa (a signing which I'm not saying is a mistake though!).. Having Costa & Cavani will be a headache for Mourinho & one he probably wouldn't want.. Our next striker should be cheaper. Much cheaper.

• Like 2
  • Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Found this: Missed out on Pastore - got Mata Missed out on Modric - got Oscar Missed out on Hulk - got Hazard Miss out on Cavani - don't worry!

MY TALENT HAS STRUCK AGAIN

His celebration would look a bit silly here. He's used to doing a huge roar like "RAWRRRRRR" or something when he scores which goes perfectly well with the Napoli fans going "GOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!

Arsenal have the money, your real statement should be "the moment Arsenal are willing to pay his wages.." :lol:

--

But well, well, well. Isn't this flipping the table upside down. We secure our £30m+ signing in Costa and suddenly Cavani wants in on England. I have no doubt we'll see Manchester City's name crop up soon enough. I'd be delighted if we hadn't already spent big on Costa (a signing which I'm not saying is a mistake though!).. Having Costa & Cavani will be a headache for Mourinho & one he probably wouldn't want.. Our next striker should be cheaper. Much cheaper.

I would of liked Cavani too but oh well :cry:

Arsenal won't break theyre transfer policy i doubt they will pay him the wages he has at the moment at PSG.

I would of liked Cavani too but oh well :cry:

Arsenal won't break theyre transfer policy i doubt they will pay him the wages he has at the moment at PSG.

Exactly.

Arsenal get wantaways, but Wenger is still true to his principles (stubborn more like..) and he's not going to break his wage structure. He probably still insists Giroud is good enough :lol:

• Like 1

Exactly.

Arsenal get wantaways, but Wenger is still true to his principles (stubborn more like..) and he's not going to break his wage structure. He probably still insists Giroud is good enough :lol:

Giroud is almost world class why would he change him :Goober:

Giroud is almost world class why would he change him :Goober:

Lmao did you read how Wenger is trying to buy back Carlos Vela, because he has a clause where he can for £3.5m or something. But the manager of Vela's current club said he doesn't want to go back :clown::lol:

Lmao did you read how Wenger is trying to buy back Carlos Vela, because he has a clause where he can for £3.5m or something. But the manager of Vela's current club said he doesn't want to go back :clown::lol:

Why would he Sociedad is a better team anyway :D

• Like 4

Why would he Sociedad is a better team anyway :D

They missed a trick with Vela, I would argue that on his day he's one of the best finishers in the world. Great eye for goal, but he does lack other attributes that would have allowed him to be world class.. Like he was supposed to.

I wouldn't discount Arse so quickly. Imagine how much it would galvanize and excite their fan base if they finally bought the striker they've needed for so song. It would send out a huge message to the football world that Arsenal can compete with the big boys again and can attract superstars.

Wenger would look like a fucking god to Arse fans and they'd be the media darling. "They did it the RIGHT way. Payed off a new stadium and blah, blah, blah."

£42m on Özil

£30m+ on Sanchez

Wouldn't shock me if they paid £45-50m for Cavani now that they've just signed that new Puma deal and are done paying for the stadium.

They missed a trick with Vela, I would argue that on his day he's one of the best finishers in the world. Great eye for goal, but he does lack other attributes that would have allowed him to be world class.. Like he was supposed to.

He is the king of chip goals.

What other attributes? I'm curious? He's not committed, at least not to his NT.

I wouldn't discount Arse so quickly. Imagine how much it would galvanize and excite their fan base if they finally bought the striker they've needed for so song. It would send out a huge message to the football world that Arsenal can compete with the big boys again and can attract superstars.

Wenger would look like a fucking god to Arse fans and they'd be the media darling. "They did it the RIGHT way. Payed off a new stadium and blah, blah, blah."

£42m on Özil

£30m+ on Sanchez

Wouldn't shock me if they paid £45-50m for Cavani now that they've just signed that new Puma deal and are done paying for the stadium.

Sanchez is worth every penny. He is really an underrated player, but without the marketing associated with the likes of Neymar.

• Like 1

Sanchez is worth every penny. He is really an underrated player, but without the marketing associated with the likes of Neymar.

I agree. Think he'll be a beast in this league.

Anyone know the status of Lukaku? I thought it was confirmed he is being loaned out to Athletico but apparently not? Can someone shed some light on this?

If Lukaku goes on loan, and we can get a good price on Cavani due to his mediocre performance in Brasil, then I am actually fine with Costa - Cavani - Torres.

• Like 1

Anyone know the status of Lukaku? I thought it was confirmed he is being loaned out to Athletico but apparently not? Can someone shed some light on this?

If Lukaku goes on loan, and we can get a good price on Cavani due to his mediocre performance in Brasil, then I am actually fine with Costa - Cavani - Torres.

That was the rumour, however Madrid then bought Mandzukic and it effectively put an end to that rumour. it could still be in the works with the Luis deal, but I doubt it, Lukaku himself probably wouldn't want it.
  • Like 2