Edinson Cavani

CFC58

He don't leave Napoli this summer ;)

He's negotiating its renewal with Naples

He signed a new contract with Palermo in April and then left in June two months later so not completely unthinkable. Not to mention he is only negotiating....

He don't leave Napoli this summer ;)

He's negotiating its renewal with Naples

We have heard that many times and then the player ends up leaving. Never trust a footballer....

The problem is that at Palermo he was not that appreciated. In Naples everybody wants him. And unless he is offered a Spot right in somebody's line - up he will stay. I hope though. Matador must stay, I don't want him Anywhere except Chelsea.

The problem is that at Palermo he was not that appreciated.

Bullshit. He loved the club, fans and even had a good relationship with Zamparini, which is unusual as the man is crazy. Also why would he extend his contract when there was already lots of interest around for him if he did not feel appreciated? Also lets just see this from after he went from Palermo to Napoli

But while many players get roundly jeered on their return to former clubs, Zamparini told Naples's Radio Kiss Kiss that wouldn't be the case with the Uruguayan. "Palermo will welcome him warmly. Every time I see him score for Napoli I'm happy, but the light blues (Napoli) will come up against a team on fire," he warned.

Not sure what you base Cavani not being appreciated in Palermo on, he was, but as any other footballer he obviously constantly wants to take the next step up and leaving Palermo was clearly the right choice for him, he still talks about his love for the club and fans, doesn't even celebrate when he scores against Palermo.

It looks to me that Torres will be our main striker for the next season. I was hoping we would bring Cavani but it doesn't look likely...

To our Napoli friends, does it seem to you that matador will leave this summer?

Mmh, Cavani no mate :) Lavezzi instead yes...

Cavani is a work horse, just like Drogba is.

Falcao is definitely more of a threat due to his superb heading skills and great finishing, so he would probably get more goals in a season, but I'm sure that Cavani would help the team more and strike much more fear into defenders eyes. (Surprisingly though, although taller, he's actually lighter than Suarez! So he'd have to use his height well to bully defences.)

I've got some friends (ooo shock, I know) in Italy though, and the feeling over there is that Lavezzi will leave Napoli this Summer, Cavani the next, and then another season or 2 before Hamsik leaves.

He'd be a nice addition though, definitely.

If he gets about 400 goals, then yes. Otherwise he, as with every other future striker at this club, will be pepetually in his shadow.

We really should stop any attempt to compare Drogba with any of our future strikers. Let them create their own legacy at the club. If we're gonna start comparing them every time, then I'm afraid no strikers would have a chance of succeeding at the club because of anything he can't do will be immediately scrutinized and referred to Drogba.

How is that a facepalm? Is it wrong for me to want the clubs legends to be surpassed? If that were the case we would all still be wanking over Jimmy Greaves.

Cavni is good but he's not Drogba good. People said Torres would surpass Didier. How did that one turn out?

Cavni is good but he's not Drogba good. People said Torres would surpass Didier. How did that one turn out?

There is the distinction. I said Cavani "could" while others said Torres "would".

There is the distinction. I said Cavani "could" while others said Torres "would".

Semantics.

If Cavani has even half the Chelsea career Drogba has had he would have done well.

Nobody is surpassing Didier, trust me!

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You