Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Meh, I think he's overrated personally. He's the exact same player as Torres, but not as good when Torres is in form. Plus we have Sturridge, Lukaku and Torres even if Didier does end up going. Sturridge has barely been given a shot up front.

What we need is wingers.

Exact same as Torres? He's more of a Hybrid of Drogba and Torres.

Exact same as Torres? He's more of a Hybrid of Drogba and Torres.

Not really. I've never seen him do the things Drogba does. He runs his lines well, has pace and loves to be put in on through balls. Sturridge if given the time at the front spot would be a better player than him. Better shot on him, and he's better with the ball at his feet. Not to mention he has better pace and would run those lines better once given the time to re-adapt into that front spot.

Not really. I've never seen him do the things Drogba does. He runs his lines well, has pace and loves to be put in on through balls. Sturridge if given the time at the front spot would be a better player than him. Better shot on him, and he's better with the ball at his feet. Not to mention he has better pace and would run those lines better once given the time to re-adapt into that front spot.

How often do you watch Serie A? How many times did you watch Sturridge playing as a striker?

How often do you watch Serie A? How many times did you watch Sturridge playing as a striker?

Enough to make as good an analysis as anyone over here. In fact I'd say I've watched more Serie A than 90% of this forum considering a family member is a big Napoli fan.

Someone said Cavani is able to create chances for himself and is what we need. Sturridge is far better at that. Far better technical player with the ball at his feet.

Cavani is anything but a Drogba/Torres mix. Look at his goals, all of the counter, through balls in on goal, etc.

I wouldn't say he really creates much by himself either, he can get past a man or two but he's not a creative genius. But if you put any cross in, he will get a head, foot or ass on it and try and get it on goal. But well, arguing about this is pointless, we will sign a new forward if Drogba leaves and we loan out Lukaku, can't be any other way around it. One injury and we would otherwise have to play the same forward in all cup, european and league matches. Cavani is my dream forward for Chelsea, been following him since his first day in Palermo and I have no doubt he would fit in really well, also with a more technical play style if we are really going to change Chelseas football philosophy.

Couldn't disagree more with you calling him overrated but guess we will have to wait and see once Napoli doesn't make CL and we sign him in the summer. ;)

Couldn't disagree more with you calling him overrated but guess we will have to wait and see once Napoli doesn't make CL and we sign him in the summer. ;)

Unfortunately for us, they're 3rd right now. Although soley on goal difference and there are 4 teams level on points with Napoli for that 3rd spot. So hopefully they miss out :)

Sturridge isn't good enough, in my opinion. Might as well cash in on him and go and bring in some real talent. Sturridge has the ability, but not the intelligence. He will never be a great player, not for us anyway. He is far too selfish. You can be selfish if you are brilliant, ie. a young Ronaldo, Messi or Robben. Sturridge is not brilliant.

Sturridge isn't good enough, in my opinion. Might as well cash in on him and go and bring in some real talent. Sturridge has the ability, but not the intelligence. He will never be a great player, not for us anyway. He is far too selfish. You can be selfish if you are brilliant, ie. a young Ronaldo, Messi or Robben. Sturridge is not brilliant.

Those are exactly my sentiments towards Sturridge too. I think some people just want to keep him because he is English and that he could be a fantastic Foward. Pro English bias isn't limited to the media these days.

Cavani is an animal. I have full confidence that he would supass the legendary Drogba if he were to sign. He may not have the prettiest playing style but he sure as hell gets results.

I've never actually seen Islam play but I've heard that his playing style is similar to Wayne Rooney's. So I imagine he plays for the team (rather then himself) whilst maintaining high intensity in attack and defence.

I agree that Dan boy is selfish quite a few times but he has the potential nevertheless, i would still give him a season and play him more on the center rather as a winger to exploit his potential. Cavani can wait :) and honestly like i said in the other topics i dont want to buy a 30m+ something at this point of time when we have Torres coming in his groove.

• 3 weeks later...

If CAVANI came third at goal scoring in Italy, behind IBRAIMOVIC (MILAN) and DI NATALE (UDINESE), playing for NAPOLI, imagine what he could achieve playing for CHELSEA.

He has much more spirit than TORRES, and never looses a game because of injuries.

By the way, the best transfer was made by LIVERPOOL, sold TORRES for a fortune and bought LUIS SUAREZ (winger) for less than half the price.

I imagine we all know about SUAREZ ´s performance.

Cavani plays with SUAREZ and FORLAN (INTER of Milan) in Uruguay´s national team, fourth at the last World Cup, and actually third at the FIFA ´s ranking of national teams.

CAVANI is young, as Suarez, 24 years old.

FALCAO is another excellent option for CHELSEA, but will probably cost twice as much as CAVANI, if Atlético de Madrid sells him.

Yeah, I agree with what you're saying about Sturridge. I personally think Islam Feruz has greater potential and they have many similarities.

Totally agree he is gonna be fantastic i cant wait to see him and Piazon break into the first team in the future , there performances against blackburn in the fa youth cup were brilliant , especially Feruz's against Man Utd !

I am a huge fan of this player,I see a bit of Drogba in him but I'd wait for him till January(hopefully he won't leave in the summer to another club). I would advise the board not to get any major striker in the summer,give Torres and Danny some time to prove themselves.The whole point of Drogba leaving was that so that Torres could be our main striker,signing a striker like Cavani will just contradict that and so its better we wait and see what happens.

It looks to me that Torres will be our main striker for the next season. I was hoping we would bring Cavani but it doesn't look likely...

To our Napoli friends, does it seem to you that matador will leave this summer?

It looks to me that Torres will be our main striker for the next season. I was hoping we would bring Cavani but it doesn't look likely...

To our Napoli friends, does it seem to you that matador will leave this summer?

He don't leave Napoli this summer ;)

He's negotiating its renewal with Naples

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You