Neymar

the wes

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't understand that. Lukaku would certainly be Drogba's replacement, and can only play as the centre forward in a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1, if Drogba stays another year, Lukaku would probably go out on loan and come back after Didier has left the club, to become no. 2 to Torres. Lukaku is also going to take time to adapt to the league and would be introduced slowly.

Sturridge however is much more flexible in terms of playing position and can play RW in a 4-3-3 with no problem (I believe it was Arneson that spoke of Daniel's ability to play on the wing). He is almost certainly going to be Anelka's replacement in the squad, probably challenging for the RW position with Kalou.

I'd say it would be pretty easy to accomodate both into the squad, whereas if we were to sign Aguero (which I personally think will not happen), then Sturridge's position is under threat and he would probably be forced to leave.

It depends what system we want to play now. Which depends on the manager (so we'd like to think).

I think other members are right now. I believe the system of having the big, strong, target man is wrong. The long ball system, hoofing it from defence to the centre forward to use the wings and play side ways rather than forward is wrong.

We should play by passing the ball. Pass from defence, to midfield, to attackers. Use skill, pace and trickery to score goals. Not, blast it forward and hope for the best. It's a policy that's been successful before because of Drogba. Lukaku is not Drogba. Drogba gave us more than strength. He created, defended and dropped deep when he had to. But now Drogba is coming to the end of his career.

We should adopt a new system of passing our way in games. Play football how it's meant to be played.

IF neymar comes then a front three of Neyma - Torres - Sturridge will not work .

Sturridge is not a winger and those front three will have a terrible effect on the whole team as they don't provide the much needed width , they won't help defensively and you can't have 3 players out of 11 not helping out in defense and more importantly you can't have three forwards who are all very selfish and will always go for the personal glory rather than the killer pass.

IMO whether Neymar comes or not , a winger should be a priority with alexis sanchez as the best option and if we can't get him then we should go for one of ( Navas - Hazard - Mata ).

Sturrdige is still not a starting eleven material yet , he should be torres's understudy and the 1st substitute to come of the bench also can be used to rotate our front 3 but he shouldn't be in the starting XI .

IF neymar comes then a front three of Neyma - Torres - Sturridge will not work .

Sturridge is not a winger and those front three will have a terrible effect on the whole team as they don't provide the much needed width , they won't help defensively and you can't have 3 players out of 11 not helping out in defense and more importantly you can't have three forwards who are all very selfish and will always go for the personal glory rather than the killer pass.

Do you not think we could make him into one though?

He's shown all the qualities of a winger, he's got pace, he can dribble with pace and cut inside. Not sure about his ability to cross, but 2/3 ain't bad. He's young and I think he'd be open to adapting his play if it guaranteed him first team action.

As for him not being ready to start, he's certainly proved this season, he's more ready than Torres is :lol:

It depends what system we want to play now. Which depends on the manager (so we'd like to think).

I think other members are right now. I believe the system of having the big, strong, target man is wrong. The long ball system, hoofing it from defence to the centre forward to use the wings and play side ways rather than forward is wrong.

We should play by passing the ball. Pass from defence, to midfield, to attackers. Use skill, pace and trickery to score goals. Not, blast it forward and hope for the best. It's a policy that's been successful before because of Drogba. Lukaku is not Drogba. Drogba gave us more than strength. He created, defended and dropped deep when he had to. But now Drogba is coming to the end of his career.

We should adopt a new system of passing our way in games. Play football how it's meant to be played.

I didn't mean that Lukaku would be 'our new Drogba', I just meant that he would take his position in the squad.

I think saying just because Lukaku is powerful and that would force us to play the ball direct to the striker is disservice to the player. He has pace and good footwork as well as being an excellent aerial threat. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about adapting a new style of play (the long ball to Drogba from Cech has driven me mad at times). If you're creating chances from the wings by putting the ball into the box though, Lukaku would give you a real threat in the box.

Another advantage over Lukaku is that he is our player :whistling:

We'd need to splash the cash for Lukaku...

he isn't our player.

and why we need him ? we have Torres(our target man in attack), we need winger.

IMO whether Neymar comes or not , a winger should be a priority with alexis sanchez as the best option and if we can't get him then we should go for one of ( Navas - Hazard - Mata ).

Sturrdige is still not a starting eleven material yet , he should be torres's understudy and the 1st substitute to come of the bench also can be used to rotate our front 3 but he shouldn't be in the starting XI .

Both Neymar and Sturridge are brilliant passers. I think in Neymar's case, he has all the qualities in the world to become a fantastic winger. Whether that's his best position is a different and more important question though. But he does play like a wing forward for Santos and he always looks great.

I didn't mean that Lukaku would be 'our new Drogba', I just meant that he would take his position in the squad.

I think saying just because Lukaku is powerful and that would force us to play the ball direct to the striker is disservice to the player. He has pace and good footwork as well as being an excellent aerial threat. Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about adapting a new style of play (the long ball to Drogba from Cech has driven me mad at times). If you're creating chances from the wings by putting the ball into the box though, Lukaku would give you a real threat in the box.

I suppose, though would you pay £25million+ for Lukaku based on that?

I suppose, though would you pay £25million+ for Lukaku based on that?

No. He's definitely not worth £25m. As far as I know (sorry to derail the thread) the situation is:

Chelsea showed interest, as did many other clubs. Anderlecht want €30M for him and have subsequently priced potential buyers out of the market. His agent is offering him to clubs but i'd imagine chelsea would want to pay €20M max for him.

Anyway, back to Neymar...

Btw a Fun Fact for you all :) When Neymar was 17 he almost signed a pre-contract for Real Madrid... but right at the end Santos convinced his parents to sign the contract with Santos.Thank God he is still at Santos.:dunce:

Agreed. If Neymar comes, we need 1 out and out winger while Neymar will be a roaming forward. If Neymar doesn't come, we need two wingers.And Sturridge should be a striker, nothing else.

I prefer Neymar over Lukaku. We've already got two top quality centre forwards (not counting Anelka and Drogba).

:rolleyes: I still can't believe we are so close to getting him... and today it's all over Brazil. If you read what some Santos' supporters have written it's really sad :( swearing at Chelsea and Roman etc... I actually feel for them, they've had Neymar since he was 12 and finally he is doing good and now he is going to most likely leave them :( Really sucks for them, but great for us. So near, yet so far. Neymar join fast! I swear I may be in tears when he officially signs for us. :wub: But it will be a sad day for everyone in Brazil. :(

:rolleyes: I still can't believe we are so close to getting him... and today it's all over Brazil. If you read what some Santos' supporters have written it's really sad :( swearing at Chelsea and Roman etc... I actually feel for them, they've had Neymar since he was 12 and finally he is doing good and now he is going to most likely leave them :( Really sucks for them, but great for us. So near, yet so far. Neymar join fast! I swear I may be in tears when he officially signs for us. :wub: But it will be a sad day for everyone in Brazil. :(

Well if they miss him so badly already they should watch our games a bit next season ;)

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You