Neymar

the wes

:rolleyes: I still can't believe we are so close to getting him... and today it's all over Brazil. If you read what some Santos' supporters have written it's really sad :( swearing at Chelsea and Roman etc... I actually feel for them, they've had Neymar since he was 12 and finally he is doing good and now he is going to most likely leave them :( Really sucks for them, but great for us. So near, yet so far. Neymar join fast! I swear I may be in tears when he officially signs for us. :wub: But it will be a sad day for everyone in Brazil. :(

Fuck them. I have no respect for fans who hate us.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:rolleyes: I still can't believe we are so close to getting him... and today it's all over Brazil. If you read what some Santos' supporters have written it's really sad :( swearing at Chelsea and Roman etc... I actually feel for them, they've had Neymar since he was 12 and finally he is doing good and now he is going to most likely leave them :( Really sucks for them, but great for us. So near, yet so far. Neymar join fast! I swear I may be in tears when he officially signs for us. :wub: But it will be a sad day for everyone in Brazil. :(

They will be Chelsea Fans next season. Not to worry ;)

:rolleyes:I still can't believe we are so close to getting him... and today it's all over Brazil. If you read what some Santos' supporters have written it's really sad :( swearing at Chelsea and Roman etc... I actually feel for them, they've had Neymar since he was 12 and finally he is doing good and now he is going to most likely leave them :( Really sucks for them, but great for us. So near, yet so far. Neymar join fast! I swear I may be in tears when he officially signs for us. :wub: But it will be a sad day for everyone in Brazil. :(

are we really that close to getting him though?

Fuck them. I have no respect for fans who hate us.

Wouldn't you hate some club if they took Josh away from us if we were a smaller club and they a bigger one? Let's also say that Josh was playing 3x more frequently and better and was our key player.

Wouldn't you hate some club if they took Josh away from us if we were a smaller club and they a bigger one? Let's also say that Josh was playing 3x more frequently and better and was our key player.

I would be disappointed, but I wouldn't hate the club Josh went to.

@neel, why should I?

This is football, players come and go. They will surely get over it.

I would be disappointed, but I wouldn't hate the club Josh went to.

@neel, why should I?

He is Brazil's biggest talent. Santos made him and he is their best player. Then a rich ass club comes from Europe and just wants to buy their best player. And considering the fact that that club is Chelsea which you either like or hate I wonder what they'll do...

You know what are Brazilians like when it comes to their players and Europe.

He is Brazil's biggest talent. Santos made him and he is their best player. Then a rich ass club comes from Europe and just wants to buy their best player. And considering the fact that that club is Chelsea which you either like or hate I wonder what they'll do...

You know what are Brazilians like when it comes to their players and Europe.

Well, Brazilians must get used to it. They should face the fact that the most attractive and most competitive football is played in Europe, and if you are a Brazilian player and want to be recognised as a world class player, you must be transferred to an European team.

The same happened for them with Robinho when he left for Real Madrid. I bet they're used to it now. I wouldn't be surprised if their other top player Ganso leaves for Europe as well.

Well, Brazilians must get used to it. They should face the fact that the most attractive and most competitive football is played in Europe, and if you are a Brazilian player and want to be recognised as a world class player, you must be transferred to an European team.

The same happened for them with Robinho when he left for Real Madrid. I bet they're used to it now. I wouldn't be surprised if their other top player Ganso leaves for Europe as well.

Pele never played for a European club...(:offtopic:)

Anyway, I'd hate to see fans turn on Neymar in November or December. The English game is much different than in Brazil; I do not expect him to torch the league right away. This could be a big problem if Roman decides to spend X amount of pounds on him. There will be a lot of pressure from the moment he signs, and considering his age and some of his "behavior", I'm not totally convinced he is ready from a maturity standpoint.

At his age, Neymar is a big gamble with a potentially huge reward, but I think he is worth the risk.

IF neymar comes then a front three of Neyma - Torres - Sturridge will not work .

Sturridge is not a winger and those front three will have a terrible effect on the whole team as they don't provide the much needed width , they won't help defensively and you can't have 3 players out of 11 not helping out in defense and more importantly you can't have three forwards who are all very selfish and will always go for the personal glory rather than the killer pass.

IMO whether Neymar comes or not , a winger should be a priority with alexis sanchez as the best option and if we can't get him then we should go for one of ( Navas - Hazard - Mata ).

Sturrdige is still not a starting eleven material yet , he should be torres's understudy and the 1st substitute to come of the bench also can be used to rotate our front 3 but he shouldn't be in the starting XI .

Lets say this would be our first 11:

--------------cech---------------

Ivanovic Luiz/alex Terry Cole

--------Ramirez--essien-----------

-------------lampard---------

-------sturridge-- neymar

--------torres/Drogba

dont you think remirez essien and lampard will be enough for our defensive game? (and sturridge i belive can help a bit)

Do you not think we could make him into one though?

He's shown all the qualities of a winger, he's got pace, he can dribble with pace and cut inside. Not sure about his ability to cross, but 2/3 ain't bad. He's young and I think he'd be open to adapting his play if it guaranteed him first team action.

As for him not being ready to start, he's certainly proved this season, he's more ready than Torres is :lol:

Anelka's got pace , anelka can dribble and cut inside but is he a good winger ?? NO !!

Sturridge passing skills needs to improve a lot and his positioning as a winger is very poor defensively more than offensively , also my main problem is while he will always cut inside , nemar will do the same and both will be looking for the shot rather than the assist and we can't have that .

the other problem is we all know that torres , Neymar and sturridge won't help defensively at all , in big games we can't afford to have 3 lazy players when we lose the ball who won't come back and help .

a lot has been said about how to get el nino back , and that we need to have more passers around him who can provide him with the killer pass and neymar , sturridge are definitely not this guys .

Another factor is we need more width , it has shown game after game that more width is a must and having two wingers who are strikers and who will always look to drift inside won't help it at all . we need a winger who can drift inside (neymar) and an out wide winger (sanchez - Hazard).

Finally Sturridge is more than ready to start for bolton , he may be ready to start for astonvilla or liverpool . but starting for chelsea is much more different .... i would like to see sturridge integrated into the team the way ferguson integrated chircarito , using him mainly as a super-sub . then give him few starts if he proves he is ready to start for chelsea then start him.

the problem with stuirridge last year was not that he wasn't starting , it's that he had players like kalou , malouda , shitty anelka and zhirkov ahead of him in the pecking order . this year he should be the 1st sub.

I understand that, but that doesn't stop them from hating us for stealing their best players.

Pele never played for a European club...(:offtopic:)

Anyway, I'd hate to see fans turn on Neymar in November or December. The English game is much different than in Brazil; I do not expect him to torch the league right away. This could be a big problem if Roman decides to spend X amount of pounds on him. There will be a lot of pressure from the moment he signs, and considering his age and some of his "behavior", I'm not totally convinced he is ready from a maturity standpoint.

At his age, Neymar is a big gamble with a potentially huge reward, but I think he is worth the risk.

Football has changed since Pele played...you simply can't compare it anymore.

IF neymar comes then a front three of Neyma - Torres - Sturridge will not work .

Sturridge is not a winger and those front three will have a terrible effect on the whole team as they don't provide the much needed width , they won't help defensively and you can't have 3 players out of 11 not helping out in defense and more importantly you can't have three forwards who are all very selfish and will always go for the personal glory rather than the killer pass.

IMO whether Neymar comes or not , a winger should be a priority with alexis sanchez as the best option and if we can't get him then we should go for one of ( Navas - Hazard - Mata ).

Sturrdige is still not a starting eleven material yet , he should be torres's understudy and the 1st substitute to come of the bench also can be used to rotate our front 3 but he shouldn't be in the starting XI .

After what i saw today ............. Pat Nevin? whistling.gif

Finally Sturridge is more than ready to start for bolton , he may be ready to start for astonvilla or liverpool . but starting for chelsea is much more different .... i would like to see sturridge integrated into the team the way ferguson integrated chircarito , using him mainly as a super-sub . then give him few starts if he proves he is ready to start for chelsea then start him.

the problem with stuirridge last year was not that he wasn't starting , it's that he had players like kalou , malouda , shitty anelka and zhirkov ahead of him in the pecking order . this year he should be the 1st sub.

The worrying thing about Sturridge, is that from interviews he seems adamant that he needs to be playing first team football. I just wonder if '1st sub' will be enough for him, he will miss the first few games of the season too, due to that red card. I guess it depends if Torres (miracle permitting) finds form early on.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You