Neymar

the wes

Neymar to Barcelona for 28m euros.

The supidiest move in football history after Torres to Chelsea, Neymar only had one more year in his contract.

He will probably score some goals in La Liga but will fail againts the big dogs in UCL.

I hope you are as right as the home kit and Mourinho!

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Idk, it seems odd for them to be selling him now. And for this price... I'd have never guessed.

It is make sense actually for them to selling Neymar now. If they wait until next year, they won't get any compensation, because Neymar's contract is up.

Truly a great deal for that price but after getting Hazard, Mata and Oscar in the past couple of years I'm not too bothered we weren't even bidding for him this time around.

If I was in his shoes, I'd join Real Madrid rather than Barca. Both have their star men in attack already with Ronaldo and Messi but at Barcelona I really can't see another player shining when their play is so focused on Messi and all the other forwards are there just to do the donkey work, like Pedro, Tello etc. At Real Madrid the other attacking players get much more involved in their build up play and who knows, with Ronaldo's future at the club in doubt there could well be an opening for someone to really step up and fill his boots in a year or two if he left and that would be the perfect opportunity for Neymar to really make himself one of the very best players in the world.

At Barca he would always be in Messi's shadow because it's been clear for a few years now that Messi has too much power at the club and he will drive away all the competition if they won't play like Messi wants, which is to stay out of his way and letting him score all the goals. Just need to look at their squad a few years back when they had the likes of Eto'o and Henry scoring 20-30 league goals each and Messi had another 30 as well but as soon as Messi wanted to be the main man and score 60, all of the others left and were replaced by work horses like Pedro who don't have the balls nor the skills to tell Messi what to do and they're just happy to be part of such a good squad. If the manager isn't strong enough to balance their play to suit both Messi and Neymar (meaning less goals for Messi), the latter will go down the same road as Zlatan did and leave within a couple of years because there's no room for both of them and Messi sure as hell wouldn't be the one leaving. Who knows, maybe they'll even be able to make it work if they've realized they're too dependent on Messi but like I said, they need a strong manager for that because Messi sure isn't going to be happy if all of a sudden he doesn't get the same freedom he currently has. Is Vilanova the right man to tell Messi what to do? I doubt it.

Alexis Sanchez is another one of the players who have suffered because of Barca's Messi-centered play. He was one of the best wingers in the world when Barcelona bought him but hasn't really been able to make an impact because his role is only marginal and he doesn't get involved as much as he should. If Barca get Neymar, Sanchez will become obsolete for them and some club will get one hell of a deal if he's available for a cut price. Can easily see him getting back to his best once he leaves Barcelona and goes to a team where it isn't all about one single player. Maybe we should take a punt on Alexis?

I don't think anyone can compare Oscar and Neymar's prices, that's daft. Neymar's got half a year left on his contract if I remember correctly and he's still going for 28m? Would've been a lot more if he had 1 more year left on his current deal.

Truly a great deal for that price but after getting Hazard, Mata and Oscar in the past couple of years I'm not too bothered we weren't even bidding for him this time around.

If I was in his shoes, I'd join Real Madrid rather than Barca. Both have their star men in attack already with Ronaldo and Messi but at Barcelona I really can't see another player shining when their play is so focused on Messi and all the other forwards are there just to do the donkey work, like Pedro, Tello etc. At Real Madrid the other attacking players get much more involved in their build up play and who knows, with Ronaldo's future at the club in doubt there could well be an opening for someone to really step up and fill his boots in a year or two if he left and that would be the perfect opportunity for Neymar to really make himself one of the very best players in the world.

At Barca he would always be in Messi's shadow because it's been clear for a few years now that Messi has too much power at the club and he will drive away all the competition if they won't play like Messi wants, which is to stay out of his way and letting him score all the goals. Just need to look at their squad a few years back when they had the likes of Eto'o and Henry scoring 20-30 league goals each and Messi had another 30 as well but as soon as Messi wanted to be the main man and score 60, all of the others left and were replaced by work horses like Pedro who don't have the balls nor the skills to tell Messi what to do and they're just happy to be part of such a good squad. If the manager isn't strong enough to balance their play to suit both Messi and Neymar (meaning less goals for Messi), the latter will go down the same road as Zlatan did and leave within a couple of years because there's no room for both of them and Messi sure as hell wouldn't be the one leaving. Who knows, maybe they'll even be able to make it work if they've realized they're too dependent on Messi but like I said, they need a strong manager for that because Messi sure isn't going to be happy if all of a sudden he doesn't get the same freedom he currently has. Is Vilanova the right man to tell Messi what to do? I doubt it.

Alexis Sanchez is another one of the players who have suffered because of Barca's Messi-centered play. He was one of the best wingers in the world when Barcelona bought him but hasn't really been able to make an impact because his role is only marginal and he doesn't get involved as much as he should. If Barca get Neymar, Sanchez will become obsolete for them and some club will get one hell of a deal if he's available for a cut price. Can easily see him getting back to his best once he leaves Barcelona and goes to a team where it isn't all about one single player. Maybe we should take a punt on Alexis?

We have too many anti barca in this forum. If I were neymar, I will pick barca for obvious reason. He will get to play his favorite position left winger.

Yes the offense is messicentric like us mata centric but in barca he will have plenty of one on one chance against defender which he will enjoy

It is make sense actually for them to selling Neymar now. If they wait until next year, they won't get any compensation, because Neymar's contract is up.

I didn't mean next year, but why not after Confederations Cup?

I didn't mean next year, but why not after Confederations Cup?

Ah, I see your point now. Maybe because they promised Neymar to know if there is any offer from big clubs. Real and Barcelona clever enough to make a bid now if it is true. After Confederations Cup his price will be doubled.

We have too many anti barca in this forum. If I were neymar, I will pick barca for obvious reason. He will get to play his favorite position left winger.

Yes the offense is messicentric like us mata centric but in barca he will have plenty of one on one chance against defender which he will enjoy

I'm not anti-Barca, I'm just being a realist. So many amazing attacking players (Eto'o, Henry, Zlatan, Villa, Sanchez) have been marginalized by modern Barcelona just because they want Messi to score as many goals as possible so he can win the Ballon d'Or. Barcelona of 2009 was miles ahead of this current team, not necessarily because the players were better but because they played better as a team and all their strikers / wingers got their fair share of goals. Now all they do is play everything through Messi and the average players like Pedro stay out of his way and if by some chance Messi fails to score they're there to tap the ball in a few times a season.

I've read Zlatan's autobiography and he explained how Messi moaned to Guardiola how Zlatan was ruining his chances to shine because Zlatan played in his natural centre forward role and Messi couldn't get involved enough from the wing and he needed more freedom. Strangely enough Zlatan had been doing very well up to that point but there onwards he was played out of position or even benched for the rest of the season and then forced out of the club. David Villa, one of the best centre forwards when he was at Valencia, joined Barca and was played out wide so Messi can play central and score more goals. Villa hasn't looked the same since. Sanchez played in a quite free role on the right wing at Udinese and was setting the world alight there. Them moved to Barcelona and has done fuck all since. Starting to see a pattern here?

Like I said, Barca are still a great team, although way too dependent on Messi like we saw in the CL this season, and under the right manager they could get amazing results from the Neymar / Messi partnership but with Vilanova I'm afraid Neymar will be just the same as every other attacking talent they've brought in these past few years. I find it odd that a mediocre player like Pedro Rodriguez has been the most constant attacking player in their lineup aside from Messi while much better players have come and gone. Now why might that be? I think because Pedro knows he's not good enough to play for a side like Barca and he agrees to do the ugly work without complaining so Messi can do what he does best. Can't see these better players doing that when they have the option of being the main man somewhere else and that's why the others haven't stayed there very long or are constantly looking or a way out.

Madrid going after Neymar shows that they want a big name to come in after a shite season, and since he is going to farca that can only mean 1 thing, which is Madrid going all out for Bale, which pleases me.

Also, messy can fuck off.

Because they could have sold him for 50 odd million in 2010.

they have made more money with him than tthey will loose now. sponsorship deals, ticket sales etc.

Right this means one thing, Alexis Sanchez can be sold from Barcelona.

We should go for him as he can play as right winger.

We need someone like him for that wing.

Thats what i thought but he just said he wants to stay and the club want him to stay its on sky!

I don't think anyone can compare Oscar and Neymar's prices, that's daft. Neymar's got half a year left on his contract if I remember correctly and he's still going for 28m? Would've been a lot more if he had 1 more year left on his current deal.

He has one year left on his contract, it ends after the WC 2014.

Barcelona payed 28mi euros for Neymar and we payed 40mi euros for Hazard. Taking into consideration they are both at about the same level, it wasn't the worse of the deals Barcelona could have made...

Barcelona payed 28mi euros for Neymar and we payed 40mi euros for Hazard. Taking into consideration they are both at about the same level, it wasn't the worse of the deals Barcelona could have made...

Hazard is better imo. There is no doubting Neymars potential, he is a talented player just he is very unproven in Europe. Even with Brazil recently against Russia and England he has hardly performed to a high level. My prediction is Hazard will win the Ballon d'Or in 2015 ;)

Is Neymar as good as what they say. I don't watch Brazilian league and the only time I've seen him play is on highlights and I've been impressed.... Do you think he is as good as someone like Hazard ?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You