Neymar

the wes

He has one year left on his contract, it ends after the WC 2014.

Barcelona payed 28mi euros for Neymar and we payed 40mi euros for Hazard. Taking into consideration they are both at about the same level, it wasn't the worse of the deals Barcelona could have made...

Okay, Neymar's got one year left on his deal.

Hazard had 2 or 3 years left in his contract, so obviously his price would've been a lot more. If Neymar had 2 or 3 years left he would've easily been going for double the price right now.

When it comes down to it, I'm happy we did get Eden over Neymar as Hazard seems to be more suited to the EPL.

For me right now Hazard is the better player. Neymar's still got to prove himself in the top European leagues so in my opinion Hazard has the upper hand.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hazard is better imo. There is no doubting Neymars potential, he is a talented player just he is very unproven in Europe. Even with Brazil recently against Russia and England he has hardly performed to a high level. My prediction is Hazard will win the Ballon d'Or in 2015 ;)

Yeah, but you have to put things in context. Brazil has a new manager and we aren't playing half as good as we can (we drew 2-2 against Chile at home). Neymar had quite an incredible game agains a full Italy team (who are better than Russia and England) though.

National team performance is not the same as for club, Ronaldinho never played well for Brazil (besides 2002). Is he a bad player because of that?

Hazard is very good, but I think Neymar has a higher potential and he will ultimately be better. However, if you ask me who is the better player now, that is Hazard without a single doubt. :)

P.S: I hope you are right, prefer to see a Chelsea player win Ballon D'Or than someone who plays for fucking Barcelona!

Is Neymar as good as what they say. I don't watch Brazilian league and the only time I've seen him play is on highlights and I've been impressed.... Do you think he is as good as someone like Hazard ?

No, but he is better than people here make of him. Some pages back you will see people saying Moses is a better player! :lol2:

Okay, Neymar's got one year left on his deal.

Hazard had 2 or 3 years left in his contract, so obviously his price would've been a lot more. If Neymar had 2 or 3 years left he would've easily been going for double the price right now.

When it comes down to it, I'm happy we did get Eden over Neymar as Hazard seems to be more suited to the EPL.

For me right now Hazard is the better player. Neymar's still got to prove himself in the top European leagues so in my opinion Hazard has the upper hand.

100% agree, but still not a bad deal for Barcelona!

He has one year left on his contract, it ends after the WC 2014.

Barcelona payed 28mi euros for Neymar and we payed 40mi euros for Hazard. Taking into consideration they are both at about the same level, it wasn't the worse of the deals Barcelona could have made...

Isn't it 28M for 55% of his rights? Barca would still need to pay DIS, no?

is the fact that this deal is happening now proof that everyone thinks the confederations cup will be a disaster for the Brazillian players?

Surely if they thought he would do amazing this summer they could possibly get a few more quid out of them after the tournament is over :D

Isn't it 28M for 55% of his rights? Barca would still need to pay DIS, no?

No, it is 28mi for 100% of his rights, but Santos only has 55%...

Yeah, but you have to put things in context. Brazil has a new manager and we aren't playing half as good as we can (we drew 2-2 against Chile at home). Neymar had quite an incredible game agains a full Italy team (who are better than Russia and England) though.

National team performance is not the same as for club, Ronaldinho never played well for Brazil (besides 2002). Is he a bad player because of that?

Hazard is very good, but I think Neymar has a higher potential and he will ultimately be better. However, if you ask me who is the better player now, that is Hazard without a single doubt. :)

P.S: I hope you are right, prefer to see a Chelsea player win Ballon D'Or than someone who plays for fucking Barcelona!

Will be very interesting to see if Neymar fulfils his potential under Messi's shadow at Barcelona..

I just get the feeling that he would of been better off joining any club except Barcelona.

No, it is 28mi for 100% of his rights, but Santos only has 55%...

http://www.marca.com/2013/05/24/en/football/barcelona/1369377811.html

For its part, Santos is trying to squeeze Barcelona and have them cough up near to €30 million for a 55 per cent stake in the player. On top of this amount, you have to add what it would cost to buy the remaining 45 per cent, which belongs to the supermarket group DIS and an investment fund called TEISA. Barça considers this figure to be unacceptable.

If I am correct, Barca only gets 55% of his rights, but because Spanish Federation allows third party ownership of players, that's all Barca needs to pay to get him to play for their team. So if an English team were to bid for Neymar we would have had to spend more to get 100% of his rights

Believe in who you want dude, I dont give a shit, but it is wrong anyway!

Marca talking about Barcelona is the most ridiculous thing in the world, if you want a decent Catalan source, go to Mundo Desportivo.

Believe in who you want dude, I dont give a shit, but it is wrong anyway!

Marca talking about Barcelona is the most ridiculous thing in the world, if you want a decent Catalan source, go to Mundo Desportivo.

http://www.sambafoot.com/en/news/47422_dis__we_want____30m_for_our_share_of_neymar.html

The CEO of investment firm DIS has stated that €30 million would be acceptable for their 40 per cent share in Barcelona target Neymar.

The 21-year-old's playing rights are split three ways, with Santos owning 55 per cent and investment firm TEISA owning five.

Barca have previously had offers of €18m and €20m for Santo's share turned down, and DIS have now named a higher price for their lower percentage.

"We want to recover the investment we made," reflected CEO Roberto Moreno on Radio Transamerica this week.

"€30m is a good figure for us. My feeling is that the negotiations will close in 10 days.

"The footballer has already acknowledged to Santos that he wants to leave."

DIS' price for their share of Neymar would value the player overall at €75m, but Barcelona are reportedly reluctant to spend more than a total €50m for his signature.

Also from El Mundo Deportivo:

El precio final de la operación no trascendió, aunque se hablaba en Brasil de que el Santos recibiría del Barça entre 23 y 25 millones de euros al que habría que añadir un par de amistosos.

So it's highly unlikely Santos are only receiving 55% of 28M

Edit: http://www.espn.com.br/post/331850_neymar-e-do-barcelona-por-28-milhoes-de-euros-real-pagaria-mais

Looks like DIS is getting the friendlies instead of the money?

What if the two offers aren't actually Barca and Real, but one from Chelsea? :ph34r:

I think Chelsea would be a better choice than living under Messi's or Ronaldo's shadow.

Plus Oscar Luiz and Ramires are here. Im sure they have told him about the great life in London! and if Mou is coming ...

What if the two offers aren't actually Barca and Real, but one from Chelsea? :ph34r:

I think Chelsea would be a better choice than living under Messi's or Ronaldo's shadow.

Plus Oscar Luiz and Ramires are here. Im sure they have told him about the great life in London! and if Mou is coming ...

I don't know if we need Neymar when we have Hazard. Both of them play in the same position but Hazard's game is a bit more physical and pacey which I find more suited to EPL. So where would Neymar play? At right wing? I don't know how well he would perform there because he likes to cut inside and finish, but he is right footed. As a false nine? Would that really work for him and EPL? Would Mourinho do that? Too many problems for such an expensive buying.

Besides, I think he is going to Barcelona after the shocker Santos had in FIFA Club World Cup 2011.

No, but he is better than people here make of him. Some pages back you will see people saying Moses is a better player! :lol2:

What ever happened to those amazingly skillful mulattoes Brazil had in the 90's. You just have boring players now like Lucas Leiva,Fred, Leandro Damiao, Ramires and these boring but efficient players you've almost become a European side. Brazil from 1996-2002 had Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Denilson, Ronaldinho..... These were beautiful players with incredible skill and technique. I think Lucas Moura and Neymar are the only 2 that are in that class in terms of pure footballing ability.

Neymar father announced his son decided to go to Barcelona. Globo saying he signed a 5 year contract worth 7mi euros per season (plus bonuses).

Real's offer was of 35mi euros and 11mi/season (no bonuses), but the instability and unfriendly environment apperantly drove Neymar away from them. Also, rumors suggesting we made a bid of 40mi and 10.5mi/season last summer, but Santos and Neymar rejected any chance of leaving in 2012 (their centerary anniversary)...

Time to finally lock the thread!

Neymar father announced his son decided to go to Barcelona. Globo saying he signed a 5 year contract worth 7mi euros per season (plus bonuses).

Real's offer was of 35mi euros and 11mi/season (no bonuses), but the instability and unfriendly environment apperantly drove Neymar away from them. Also, rumors siuggesting we made a bid of 40mi and 10.5mi/season last summer, but Santos and Neymar rejected any chance of leaving in 2012 (their centerary anniversary)...

Time to finally lock the thread!

Thank god

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You